• Forum membership has its advantages....

The Grocery Getter thread.

philofab

Powered by Optima
Vans are cool... there is an old RG van running around town here. I want it but really don't have a use for it.

Alex Paterson

I haven't driven it in 3 weeks but have the last two days. It ends up getting wedge in my garage with stuff stacked around it and becomes more of a PITA to drive then its worth but I decided I missed driving it. I only drive it when I can park it some place safe and I can keep an eye on it. Its fun to drive around and I like watching people look at it and try to figure out what it is or explain to thier frineds how it is built to go big at Glamis ( I have never taken it to Glamis)

Parked outside my office this afternoon,

Alex

JimmyD

the 2000 f150 prerunner is my dd. gets 20 mpg as opposed to 97 f250 prerunner with a 460, that gets about 6.
IMAG0066 (800x533).jpg

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Watch out for this at this years 1K

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC

My first truck its still a blast to cruise around town in only has a 302 in it but it has cherry bombs and state of the art 2 in exhaust!

This is my baby, drive this to high school for 3 years. love this thing to death.

punchdrunk monkey

I love the fact that I can enjoy my car all year round.

thng.jpg

charlie_brown

fun.jpgDSCI0243.jpgbaja06.jpg

i drive my truck to/from all the races i go to and prerun/chase with it. cant get stupid with it because it has to make it home but i have fun.
drive it to the store and all kinds of errands. some cops don’t think it but after they pull me over they wave at me going by now.

best looks is when i drop off or pick up my daughter from high school. she says all the creepers stalk her.

JimmyD

was your truck in offroad mag? or where did i see it before.....

bajascott1

Mine gets driven everyday,picks the kids up from school,groceries,etc. its obnoxious,ugly and a blast to drive anywhere, 40,000plus miles a year

Attachments

Andrew

Here's my current slave. Just swapped in a fresh chevy 350/th400 combo. Runs like a dream now and is a helluva lot of fun cruisin to the beach in. I tell you though, you get some weird looks from people when there's no doors or top on it... I love it. I commute over 50 miles a day in it :D

Bajated

Thats a great looking truck... pics and details?
Thanks, there's a build thread on here someplace, but I haven't updated it in a long time. It's got Camburg long travel, Deavers, Sway-A-Way Bypasses, Light Racing Jounce Shocks, TRD Blower and forged wheels, 37" projects, Lowrance 7200, custom driveshaft and a few other things. I take my kids to school, drive to races, chase, and drive home, only left me stranded once when the lower uniball bolt broke because it wasn't shanked properly. Other than that it's been bulletproof. Has gobs of power (504 HP/550 Ft-Lbs), and I have an early calibration with no speed limiter, so it will go 135 MPH plus on the GPS (I didn't have big enough cajones to keep my foot in it past 135, but it was still pulling).

You make most of the Score races don't you? I think I've seen your truck at a few races, it is a great looking truck.
I prerun and chase with it for all the Baja races as well as some MORE races, and towed our race truck to V2R and Caliente as well. It has 65k miles on it, about 35k since the build.

Thats a great looking truck... pics and details?
Thanks, there's a build thread on here someplace, but I haven't updated it in a long time. It's got Camburg long travel, Deavers, Sway-A-Way Bypasses, Light Racing Jounce Shocks, TRD Blower and forged wheels, 37" projects, Lowrance 7200, custom driveshaft and a few other things. I take my kids to school, drive to races, chase, and drive home, only left me stranded once when the lower uniball bolt broke because it wasn't shanked properly. Other than that it's been bulletproof. Has gobs of power (504 HP/550 Ft-Lbs), and I have an early calibration with no speed limiter, so it will go 135 MPH plus on the GPS (I didn't have big enough cajones to keep my foot in it past 135, but it was still pulling).

I prerun and chase with it for all the Baja races as well as some MORE races, and towed our race truck to V2R and Caliente as well. It has 65k miles on it, about 35k since the build.
Found the thread. I remembered the truck because I want it. :D

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php/43115-LBR-Tundra-Prerunner-In-Progress

Alex Paterson

Alex, who built your A-Arms?
H&M built the whole truck. I did the interior and exterior paint and body work.

I believe H&M motorsports built alex's truck. Their stuff is all top notch stuff.
You are correct and it has been a solid truck and works great.

was your truck in offroad mag? or where did i see it before.....
April 20010 issue. http://www.off-roadweb.com/features/1004or_2002_ford_f150_xlt_one_of_a_kind/index.html

ALex was on the cover with his truck. Nice article too.
thanks Dan. Jordan May did a great job with it.

Alex