The Landshark returns in 2016?

Mike321

Reaction
In the current SCORE Journal there's an article stating the Landshark is making a return in 2016. Are Tuggy's returning to Class 1 in 2016?

Source: SCORE Journal, Issue 10, 2015

5280Ranger

Reaction
If it does, I hope it's in its original shark paint. I've had a BFG poster of the Land Shark in my shop forever.

07FJRog

Reaction
Great news imo, the land shark is why i had my truggy in my avatar built, love that thing

Reaction
Class 1 is a dying class anyhow.

When, was the last time you cared who won Class 1 unless you were involved with the class - kinda like Jeepspeed or 5/1600 or Class 10 or TrophyLite - who really cares outside of your class.

champtruck77

Reaction

When, was the last time you cared who won Class 1 unless you were involved with the class - kinda like Jeepspeed or 5/1600 or Class 10 or TrophyLite - who really cares outside of your class.
I do care. Class 1 cars are the best. My favorite class. The class is not dead, just forgotten by SCORE.

No truggies in the class, please. Let cars 1 qualify and start where they deserve (with trophy trucks) and the class will rise again.

Mike321

Reaction

I follow the buggy classes more than trucks -- I care. Does anyone know the answer? Is a Truggy allowed back in SCORE Class 1?

green787

Reaction
It's cool, and I watched it race in Baja several times...... but it's a truck without a proper body.....

JDDurfey

Reaction
So if the Landshark had started up front with all the TT's back in the day, how many more overall wins would it have? Getting out front into clean air is a big help in getting the overall, although we saw at this 1000 that doesn't necessarily mean you will win.

I do believe the competition is much more now than when the Landshark was racing, but that truggy is still bada$$!

copers

Reaction
But if th land shark returns, it will run in trophy truck class because the new rules don´t permit truggy in clas one any more.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
But if th land shark returns, it will run in trophy truck class because the new rules don´t permit truggy in clas one any more.
The rules for TT require "a production appearing TRUCK" body so????

That being said the zorro TT races with a camaro body and it's my understanding that class competitors had agreed to allow it. Maybe because it's friggin cool and still not an "open wheel" body like the new land shark is.

Where do the ultra 4 vehicles start in the current line up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC Araiza

Reaction
The rules for TT require "a production appearing TRUCK" body so????

That being said the zorro TT races with a camaro body and it's my understanding that class competitors had agreed to allow it. Maybe because it's friggin cool and still not an "open wheel" body like the new land shark is.

Where do the ultra 4 vehicles start in the current line up?

Thats a good question. I think he started after TT Spec. The Class 10 guys should know.
Didn't Shannon Campbell have to run 4400 this year for exactly this reason?
Yes he did, car 4405.

As per current SCORE rules there is no more "grandfathered" cars (truggies) in Class 1. Im just wondering if a 4400 car must be 4x4 drive, because if so, which class it will be run in?

#toomanyclassesbs

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Didn't Shannon Campbell have to run 4400 this year for exactly this reason?
He runs class one in BITD so yea, probably.

Currie raced the 500 in TT but his rig looks like a actual jeep. Shannon's new rig does not look at all like any "production" truck so he likely couldn't run TT if he had wanted to.

renagade

Reaction
So score article didn't tell me all that much. Why did they retire the landshark in the first place ?

Do they still have the 4wd trophy truck to dust off as well ?

champtruck77

Reaction
To race in the class 1, your car need to have ¨independent rear suspension¨ and ¨Mid or back engine¨. Herbst´s truggy don´t fit the specifications required.

Dirty Harry

Reaction
As per current SCORE rules there is no more "grandfathered" cars (truggies) in Class 1. Im just wondering if a 4400 car must be 4x4 drive, because if so, which class it will be run in?
Yes, 4400 are required to be 4WD with high and low range.

It will be interesting to see where the Land Shark fits in, since it doesn't comply with SCORE's TT or Class 1 rules.