• Forum membership has its advantages....

The Legends Rally - September 23rd-25th, 2016

legends-rally-logo.jpg

Guys, I wanted to be sure and invite everyone to our new event series.

Newbies are welcome!

Legends Rally Pine Forest Loop UTV Ride – Lazo de Bosque de Piños – September 23rd-25th, 2016

UTVUnderground and Horsepower Adventures announced today, that they have teamed up to bring you an exciting new, approachable off-road event series in Baja, Mexico, “The Legends Rally”. The events are designed to let participants explore the stunning beauty of Baja, while enjoying gourmet food and drink prepared by local chefs and craft spirit experts. The events will be led by off-road legends including Larry Ragland, Walker Evans, Ivan Stewart and Larry Roeseler who will share their incredible experiences in off-road racing with participants.

Each of the four planned UTV rally events per year will feature a unique route and offer a truly authentic culinary off-road experience and scenery that can only be found in Baja. Participants will stay at the famed Horsepower Ranch, nestled in a quiet valley outside of Ensenada, and experience a full day of riding that includes a gourmet outdoor lunch in a private location, prepared by local chefs.

Our goal with this series is to preserve, celebrate and share the culture of off-roading. The Legends Rally format is designed to introduce new people to our culture in a fun, exciting and approachable way. UTVs offer the perfect platform to explore Baja and our group will provide a fun, safe environment to experience something special with friends, family and colleagues,” stated Mad Media CEO, Matt Martelli.

You can get a little more info:

The Legends Rally

Why You Might Want to Skip Napa and Visit Mexico’s Wine Country Instead

Faces of Baja: Drew Deckman

Baja is currently going through a food renaissance led by Ensenda. Young and old chefs alike have realized that they can have their own identity rather than copying french or italian cuisine. Referred to as “Cachanilla” by their mainland Mexican cousins, Baja has its own sense of independence, even in its food culture. “Cachanilla” is a type of flowering bush that grows in harsh rocky desert areas usually near cactus. To the people of Baja, the flowers represent hope and strength in the face of adversity, a symbol of their relationship with mainland Mexico and the rest of the world.

Abundant with natural resources, Baja is unique geographic region providing a prosperous coastline for seafood, rich mountains perfect for growing grapes for wine and a variety of produce, and flat prairies perfect for raising free range livestock. The year round temperate weather means there is not an off-season for fantastic local food experiences.

Just slightly north of downtown Ensenada, Guadalupe Valley is exploding with wine and food culture. Accelerated by the growth of the local wineries bringing in tourism, Guadalupe Valley has some of the most exciting restaurants serving locally sourced food.

pdailey

Racer
I love the idea and of course love Baja. This sounds really fun but $1500 PER PERSON is pretty steep for two nights at Horsepower Ranch and only 150 miles of riding in one day. But more power to you. I would love to break in my UTV down there but can't justify spending $3000 to do it with the wife and I.

TecateRay

I love the idea and of course love Baja. This sounds really fun but $1500 PER PERSON is pretty steep for two nights at Horsepower Ranch and only 150 miles of riding in one day. But more power to you. I would love to break in my UTV down there but can't justify spending $3000 to do it with the wife and I.
Contact Tim or Jennifer at Bajabound Adventures. Well known for Moto adventures in Baja they have added UTV trips. www.bajaboundmoto.com

Bdub 1020

Your rich come on , new UTV whats next lol

PAB

40's rock!
The price is all inclusive. Food, Chase Support, Medical Support. Working on adding a bit of riding sunday as well.
Mad Media you do not need to justify the cost, we all know to do it with some class where no one needs to worry about organization or paying tabs that all in is the way to go. No matter how much you charge it will never be profitable as you can never amortize the time spent to plan, think it through, pre-run it and herd all the chickens.

TecateRay

Poaching other peoples threads to promote people doing business is weak sauce in my humble opinion...especially when they own the web site.
1. I have no idea who owns this site
2. Someone posted that they were concerned about the cost of this type of trip. I posted an alternative.
3. The trip advertised here is high end and sounds like a great experience mixing some off road with a bunch of gourmet best of Baja. Add to that time at Horsepower Ranch and I'm sure it will be a winner.

NIKAL

When you say the course is marked, is this an actual rally event, where your customers are on their own to run/race around a GPS marked course? Or is this a guided tour for Baja newbies from the HP Ranch up through the pine forest and back?