The Map singing the Star Spangled Banner???

Bonzen

Reaction
So RoadMap calles me yesterday and wants to know the words to the national anthem....she says she's gonna try to sing it at the start of the race on sat morning if they will let her. Bottom line? Everyone that goes to Primm needs to support the Map tonight and give her encouragement to do it! And if it happens you all better show up at 6:30 or whenever the race starts and cherr her on if it happens....FYI people, but obviously no promises here. See you all tonight.

-Ryan

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
She's actually not that bad of a singer. I distinctly remember a set she performed in San Felipe at the Pfleuger's party. I was impressed.

Go Map!!

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
well????????? how did the anthem go at the race??? was she good?? id really like to know .

shrek

Reaction
If you dont know the words, then you have no buisness singing it..............

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
If you don't know the words, then you have no business being here....

drtdevil93

Reaction
now, as someone that knows all the words to the national anthem, star-spangled banner, and just about every patriotic song; i think you guys are getting a little carried away. try this out: how many of you know the words to the constitution? the bill of rights? how about the monroe doctrine? ill get crazy and ask how many people know what the magna charta is? id be willing to bet there isnt one person among us that could recite, word for word, the constitution. THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT DOCUMENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY!! and most of us dont have a clue what it REALLY says and stands for. thats reality.

lets not forget, she was asking for the words so she could learn it, and sing it in front of a large crowd. all you "patriots" that are bashing should think about that for a second.

ive heard rhiannon sing on many occasions, and im sure she sung beautifully.

erik

mattrick8888

Reaction
rhiannon was awesome and she had every right to be there. try singing something in front of a large crowd and see if you guys remember all the words..........

michael_loomis

Reaction
good job Rhi !! your anthem performance was very impressive !

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I could give you every Amendment to the Constitution and an short summary of them. The Magna Carta was the basis for English law, a model for our own Constitution and the modern day basis of Liberty.
The Declaration of Independence, while I can't recite the whole thing, I could give you the first couple of lines and a summary!!

You are right, this is important stuff that everybody should know.

Good job Rhi, wish I could have heard it.

P.S. The Constitution is ALWAYS spelled with a capital "C". Show it some respect man!!

Tyson

Reaction
Rhi - you sang awesome and didn't miss a word GREAT JOB you did very well. I'm sorry I couldn't drag my butt outta bed that early but we made it for the 2nd start.

sweetdevil

Reaction
You guys rock...
I called Bonzen cuz Shelby and I were arguing over wether it was "through the night" or "to the night" I was wrong, Shelby was right, it is "to the night" I didn't want to insult anyone by singing the wrong word(s) so I called Bonzen to double check. Sorry if me not knowing one word of the National Anthem is such a bad thing! You'll get over it...
Thanks for letting me be part of the race in that way Sal! (and to my agent Shelby for making it happen lol) I had a really great time and I was honored to part of a very patriotic moment. The anniversary of 9/11 really made the anthem feel a little more patriotic.
I had a killer time at the race!

motoxscott

Reaction
Rhi, you did an awesome job. I give you mad props for going out there and doing it so well.

.......... and to all that put themselves on a high horse here .... get over it for gods sake. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. I didn't see you out there for the world to criticize and showing your support.

-Scott

shrek

Reaction
The original e-mail did not say that Map needed clarification on one phrase, it said that she needed to know the words to the song. It was a bit misleading...........

Sounds like you did an awesome job, Map. Congrats!!

martininsocal

Reaction
Dirtdevil- It is impoprtant for folks to comprehend the concept of all you have set forth. Here is a question for you, do you want the pre-1964 versions or the post versions?

drtdevil93

Reaction
martin- BOTH!!! jk. i was just frustrated at the time after talking to a couple friends about the constitution, and none of them had a clue, or cared about it. i cant recite it word for word, but i do know each of its parts, and what they mean. same with the bill of rights. and the magna charta, i havent read the whole thing, but i do know the story, and what the concept behind it is. no one did say anything about the monroe doctrine...

my point (ya, finally!): the amount i know should be the least of what people know. i think everyone should at least have a general understanding of the constitution, bill of rights (and all the rest of the amendments) and the declaration of independence. these should be the absolute minimum!! ideally there would be a whole lot more.

erik