The Mint 400 Announces The Return of the Bikes

Reaction
The Mint 400 Announces The Return of the Bikes
Motorcycles to return to “The Great American Off-Road Race™”

The Martelli Brothers announced more details today about the return of motorcycles to The Mint 400 for the first time since 1976. Multiple classes will compete on a 80 mile singletrack course designed to challenge even the most seasoned desert moto racers. The event is expected to attract motorcycle racers from around the planet to battle it out for a chance to etch their name into the history books alongside the greats such as Jack Johnson, J.N. Roberts, and Max Switzer. Included in the race are two vintage classes 1980 – 1990, and 1979 and older, as well as desert classes including pro motorcycle, expert motorcycle, amateur motorcycle, Ironman and newly minted father & son, women and relay team classes.

The Return of the Bikes – The Mint 400

Attachments

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
STOKED!
We'll be there with a couple BBMoto fly-and-ride entries and assisting some other moto racers (and a car too...).

I hope the "cap" on entries doesn't include the bike entries. If the cap does include bikes IMO it will really limit the number of bikes that get in (people lag, and bikes being new to this event the racers might not understand the importance of signing up early to get a spot).

Power Monkey

Reaction
Myself and a few other local Austin riders would like to make it. Dose anyone know the nature of the course. Is it a true technical 80 mile single track or is it kind of a high speed open run like a Baja? Any idea what the pros average speed be?
single loop, multiple loop or point to point?
I'm stoked and would love to participate. Nice work MBs!

AZFR8TRAIN

Reaction
I wonder how many think that the TT race on Sunday is a bad idea ? ?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Power Monkey

Reaction
Checked out some videos of some talented riders in the desert. Looks beautiful....but it looks like this would be way outa my skill range.

Doug.

Reaction
Myself and a few other local Austin riders would like to make it. Dose anyone know the nature of the course. Is it a true technical 80 mile single track or is it kind of a high speed open run like a Baja? Any idea what the pros average speed be?
single loop, multiple loop or point to point?
I'm stoked and would love to participate. Nice work MBs!
Multiple loop, 70-80 miles mostly singletrack with part of the car/truck course as well. Expert/pro does 3 laps, amateurs do 2 laps. No data on average pro speed because this is the fist year motorcycles will race since 1976. Come out and have a good time it's sure to be a doozy

cynicwanderer

Reaction
anyone have any ideas of what the entry fees/misc. costs are going to be like for bikes ? couldn't really find much information on the website, mostly promo stuff, and didn't want to attempt to register online just to find out the fees and be "locked out" for 72hrs... I was thinking about racing the whole BITD series in 2019, but might sit this one out.

Cris Lepiz

Reaction
anyone have any ideas of what the entry fees/misc. costs are going to be like for bikes ? couldn't really find much information on the website, mostly promo stuff, and didn't want to attempt to register online just to find out the fees and be "locked out" for 72hrs... I was thinking about racing the whole BITD series in 2019, but might sit this one out.
Iron man - $400 + $22.99 Fee
Am/Ex - $650 + $36.74 Fee
Pro - $950 +$48.49

cynicwanderer

Reaction
Iron man - $400 + $22.99 Fee
Am/Ex - $650 + $36.74 Fee
Pro - $950 +$48.49
not as bad as I was expecting. I think I'll try to make this race. always fun to ride new events/courses and it seems like BITD is trying hard to keep us bikers happy.

Doug.

Reaction
According to their website the bikes are going to be getting coverage on the TV show as well as the live stream during the race.

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
@MADMEDIA @Kilian - Can anyone confirm if bike entries will be included in the total entries "cap"?
my guess would be that they don't count towards the "Car count" so they don't "take away spots".
I cant wait to see the layout for the bike race should be a cool event.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Great job Mad Media! Havent been to a Mint race in like 10yrs or whatever, last time I was with a 7 unlimited team who won it, it was a fantastic race!
I hope Mad Media continues to race the bikes as I wont be able to make it again till 2021.

Again, great job!

Reaction
STOKED!
We'll be there with a couple BBMoto fly-and-ride entries and assisting some other moto racers (and a car too...).

I hope the "cap" on entries doesn't include the bike entries. If the cap does include bikes IMO it will really limit the number of bikes that get in (people lag, and bikes being new to this event the racers might not understand the importance of signing up early to get a spot).
Do not "Lag" entries are already going fast. We will be open to public friday.