The Mint 400 Announces The Return of the Bikes

BajaboundMoto

Good news... Bike entries are NOT included in the cap with the cars.
And yikes, a cap of 400 bikes! I doubt it will reach that number but awesome to imagine it!

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

AZ7000'

Good news... Bike entries are NOT included in the cap with the cars.
And yikes, a cap of 400 bikes! I doubt it will reach that number but awesome to imagine it!

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert
With a land rush start!

mxben

Multiple loop, 70-80 miles mostly singletrack with part of the car/truck course as well. Expert/pro does 3 laps, amateurs do 2 laps. No data on average pro speed because this is the fist year motorcycles will race since 1976. Come out and have a good time it's sure to be a doozy
Where did you find information on the course?
Curious how the course will be marked as this is would be my first BITD race. Will they send you out rider by rider like SCORE or is there some other start procedure. The site seems pretty half ass - lacking a lot of details.

cynicwanderer

Where did you find information on the course?
Curious how the course will be marked as this is would be my first BITD race. Will they send you out rider by rider like SCORE or is there some other start procedure. The site seems pretty half ass - lacking a lot of details.
the starting method changes from race to race in BITD, e.g. V2R is rider by rider, but Laughlin is by row, Parker was 2 riders at a time... BITD is actually very organized/professional. The course will be marked very obviously, with markers for the course corridor, race mile, turns, dangers and often times tape/paint on the bigger rocks, etc... It would be really hard to get off course unless the markers get knocked over.

I have also heard that M400 might be land rush start, but sometimes we won't know for sure what the start will be or the class orders, until the rider's meeting the night before the race. the closer the race is the more information they will post on their site. also, they will send out a big information packet closer to the race time with maps of the course, the pits and detailed schedule and notes, when you're registered.

Doug.

You must be reading from www.bitd.com and not www.themint400.com

My first race with BITD was this past weekend at the Parker 250. I was amazed at how well marked the course is, they even put bright reflective tape over hidden boulders in the nasty sections. All about safety, which is rad. Even in heavy dust you will have zero problems staying on course and knowing where at on course you are. They have mile markers the entire way.

cynicwanderer

wait... you *must have* a valid twitter/instagram/facebook URL in order to check out ? I tried "none" but it will not let me check out... what gives ?

Doug.

Yeah saw that today, what bullshit. Since when does it make sense for it to be mandatory on an all-motorcycle course to have tracking. It's not even a safety issue. When I saw the IG post I thought that was a cool feature but to give you no choice and add another $200 just for this one race, asinine.

BajaboundMoto

Tracker for this race makes NO sense.
It's billed as a technical course, tighter trails, and it's no-pre-run, so no finding lines. Why a tracker?
Safety? How?
If it's for timing why not a simple transponder like most people already have?
$200. Lame.

pgarfinkle

Tracker for this race makes NO sense.
It's billed as a technical course, tighter trails, and it's no-pre-run, so no finding lines. Why a tracker?
Safety? How?
If it's for timing why not a simple transponder like most people already have?
$200. Lame.
I couldn't agree with you more! Seems like an odd thing particularly when they have not been required at any other BTID up until this one. I get it for SS300 and V2R due to safety reasons but that makes zero sense here.

The price will increase my entry by 150% with about a month to go. I may actually not make it now. Not that the $200 is normally huge money but it is a large percentage of the budget when you are running ironman with no support team...

Maybe the trackers should be an option this year and make them mandatory next year with some more advance warning. I

AngryShawn

I bumped the thread in the main racing forum, maybe we'll get some answers over there.

Attachments