The Mint 400

Romero

Bikes back after 43 years (1976 I think). Anyone doing it? Any inside info? M. Samuels said its was going to be like Hare & Hound style... 400mi of H&H would be gnar but, I doubt it will be the full 400. What say you? Wonder who's laying it out? I know D37 has a GP out there (Primm) but, is that also MRAN territory?

The Mint 400 Announces New Two-Day Race Format – The Mint 400

BajaboundMoto

Talking to Daryl Folks he said he's laid out bike courses for the next few years (I'd imagine that means submitted them for BLM approval). It's Daryls backyard and he's a (was) gnar bike racer so if he says it's going to be good I believe him.
Looking forward to this one!

AZFR8TRAIN

Not sure which post this should go but I think the TT race on Sunday is a terrible idea You sell out spectator parking which means you have a lot of them. Most are probably from out of town. Now most are leaving before the finish. This is a long event counting days with parade qualifying. Now your making most chase teams pit support take another day off of work. Load up a bike and five gallon dump can is a lot easier then taking down fuel tower load and strap down trucks get home get your vehicle and such. IMO bad decision and yes I understand keeping the crowd for main event. But I know I still stayed sat night last year cause race ends late and it was ok to leave on Sunday. If they want to see bikes then let people watch that on Sunday. If bike have not raced in so many years then probably not a lot of spectating going on anyways .

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Doug.

I'll be there, just registered this morning when it opened. Ironman Am o99.

The course will be 70-80 miles of mostly singletrack, with part of the car/truck course. Expert/Pro does 3 laps, amateurs do 2 laps.

Baja Dad

Not sure which post this should go but I think the TT race on Sunday is a terrible idea You sell out spectator parking which means you have a lot of them. Most are probably from out of town. Now most are leaving before the finish. This is a long event counting days with parade qualifying. Now your making most chase teams pit support take another day off of work. Load up a bike and five gallon dump can is a lot easier then taking down fuel tower load and strap down trucks get home get your vehicle and such. IMO bad decision and yes I understand keeping the crowd for main event. But I know I still stayed sat night last year cause race ends late and it was ok to leave on Sunday. If they want to see bikes then let people watch that on Sunday. If bike have not raced in so many years then probably not a lot of spectating going on anyways .

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Quit your BITCHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bikes Started this Whole off road racing thing ......................... you should be THANKING THEM!

IMO-------------- 40" TT tires are the reason the Desert is getting beat to S H I T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone with DEEP pockets can drive a TT it's not that tuff.