The Modified Trophy Karts are back at Crandon

dhardesty

RDC Crypto
Website
darrenhardestyjr.com
The Modified Trophy Karts are back at Crandon for the 2014 World Championships Labor Day Weekend 2014. Last year 9 Mod Kart teams from the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series made the long trip to Crandon to race in the World Championship. Crandon International Off Road Raceway hosted Trophy Kart Races on Friday & Saturday. The racing action was fantastic, and the young drivers raced on the infield portion of the big track. Myles Cheek was crowned the Trophy Kart World Champion 2013.

This year we are excited to be part of the 45th World Championship in 2014. We have 15 Mod Kart teams interested in competing this year. Crandon International Raceway has posted the schedule and the Mod Karts are scheduled to practice Friday am, race Friday evening and Race the World Championship on Sunday.

5th gear pinned through turn 1 after Land Rush Start!

Advertising supports this site

mike337

RDC Crypto
I missed them last year, but my buddy that has over 30 years of spectating with me said they "Blew him away". Those things rip and all the kids are sooo talented! Looking forward to it this year.
Good luck to all.

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
RDC Crypto
Super excited to watch these kids rip it up at Crandon. They are a talented bunch of kids.
Remember though this is Wisconsin so pack for winter and summer weather. And bring rain gear.

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
RDC Crypto
These kids rip it up. Cannot wait to see them. Last year the kids became instant rock stars!

sb4pro

RDC Crypto
Looks like the future of offroad is in good hands . Where were those when I was that age . I was only racing RC trucks lol .

dhardesty

RDC Crypto
Website
darrenhardestyjr.com
karts lined up for practice on Friday
uploadfromtaptalk1409488892138.jpg
Briska Kart next to Pro4 at landrush
4ahutu2y.jpg
zyha8yze.jpg
y4utatag.jpg
ysyhubar.jpg
my8yqyge.jpg
2ahejeva.jpg
2e8u7ebu.jpg
4urepy9e.jpg
du7aryvy.jpg
pamudydu.jpg
sysajy4y.jpg
5ugumydy.jpg
ute7yqe5.jpg
y7aba2ez.jpg
2upyhusa.jpg
qu3ume9e.jpg
aba8anes.jpg
epuvy2e4.jpg

dhardesty

RDC Crypto
Website
darrenhardestyjr.com
Friday Race Report:
We had 13 of the 14 mod karts took the green flag on Friday. Bella Naughton was unable to make the race due to an engine problem in practice/qualifying.

The Mod Karts put on a good show with Brock Dickerson grabbing the holeshot after the land rush start. Brock Heger soon took over the lead with Travis Pecoy and Cole Mamer in hot pursuit. Travis Pecoy made an inside move on Heger and took over the lead mid way thru race. With only a couple laps remaining Brock Heger was able to make an inside move on Travis stick and regained the lead. Top 3 finish Heger, Pecoy, Polvoorde
5yqujaqe.jpg
4ygyne3a.jpg

Dirty*

RDC Crypto
Great coverage Dhardesty. Thanks for the updates.

sb4pro

RDC Crypto
Also wanna state that I was very impressed to see full sized safety equipment on all the karts . HANS devices , full on fire suits , etc . Great teaching the kids the safety aspect of the sport right from the start .

Wisc SC

RDC Crypto
I've now seen the mod carts at Crandon twice and I've been very impressed both times. Not only are the small machines surprisingly fast but they also have some of the closest racing action of the weekend. Hopefully they come back every year.