• Forum membership has its advantages....

The new BITD Laughlin race. Yea or Nay?

B. R C Arrow

Yea, I love this format, my only complaint is the race times, I don't see why the first race has to start at 6 am, there was plenty of sunlight after the end of the tt race so if they could make the first race start at 8 this schedule would still work out. Track was a lot of fun more so on Sunday then Saturday. We will be there next year.

stokessdca

I had a great time. I wish that there had been more of the heavy hitter's racing the race. And for this being a new venue for BITD I think that things went well. Thanks to all the BITD staff and the volunteer's as usual you guys and gals kicked ass.

We loved the race and the whole set up . This is by far the best event for families in the BITD, We had a blast and i am sure Casey will fix the first time issues he had. Everything ran smooth at the track and we will trailer out our stuff from colorado and pay the 1500.00 next year without hesitation. What a great change from the first two races. Our families have never seen us race for 4 years until that day. TT race was awesome....

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Yea, I love this format, my only complaint is the race times, I don't see why the first race has to start at 6 am, there was plenty of sunlight after the end of the tt race so if they could make the first race start at 8 this schedule would still work out. Track was a lot of fun more so on Sunday then Saturday. We will be there next year.
There was a potential for this date to be easily over 100 degrees. We got very lucky with the weather this weekend.

Having racers and spectators out there a few hours later in the heat could have been challenging.

Please everyone keep the feedback coming as this will be one of the races that grows year after year into something special.

David Nehrbass

Motorsports Safety Solutions

Klaus

Administrator
There was a potential for this date to be easily over 100 degrees. We got very lucky with the weather this weekend.

Having racers and spectators out there a few hours later in the heat could have been challenging.

Please everyone keep the feedback coming as this will be one of the races that grows year after year into something special.

David Nehrbass

Motorsports Safety Solutions
David, Jamie and George... thanks for the insights and explanations you offer here. Most of us probably have zero idea how much effort goes into creating an offroad event.

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
David, Jamie and George... thanks for the insights and explanations you offer here. Most of us probably have zero idea how much effort goes into creating an offroad event.
You're most welcome, Klaus! If only it was as easy as it looks lol - which you know from what you all do here :)

Bdub 1020

Just please don't turn it into another event that cost $$$ for everything. Its fine the way it is without charging for camping , tech and contingency spots, spectating , parking , going to the bathroom etc etc. I heard nothing but good from people that camped in the pits and raced. It will get bigger with entries on its own. Cant wait for this one next year. Its a family friendly race and your group is together. Thanks for all you do GG

trailready

The event was awesome. Another great job by Casey and crew as usual. We only managed one lap each day but overall the event was worth every penny. When word gets out about how epic the TT race is on this course with no other classes to lap, the spectators and more competitors will come. I like the previously mentioned idea about making the road crossings a spectator area. You could use the hiway as access from each end and put up grandstands and they would sell out LOL. the TT37 fly by hit 1 million views today :)

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
We only managed one lap each day but overall the event was worth every penny. the TT37 fly by hit 1 million views today :)
I saw John as I was leaving... of course I blamed him haha! Crazy! One million views in 3 days!

johnnyweb

YAY! Had a great time out there. Can't wait to race it in my car.

Coast

Great race! We had a blast! Really love all the new competition coming into the 6100 class! Such a fun race course !
Downside- I dread contingency !

Suggestions- release of liability paperwork could be done during your entry Mail in. No reason to waste the time on that on race weekend. 2nd- wristbands and sign ups could be done on Thursday and Friday with just 1 girl vs several girls on Friday morning at 10am (which holds up getting into 9:00 AM contingency)

3rd-tech inspection should be done in the pits on Thursday and Friday before the race. Every race . If there was a trailer set up in the pits and people could drive the race car over and get it inspected sometime before race day. These events would be much less stressful . Friday should be just a show & shine. Time to meet fans and potential sponsors.
Just my thoughts....

DK

racer4015

I'm glad that I am in the minority (or so it seems), because I didn't like this race. I enjoy desert racing, because of the longer, more open desert coarses such as the mint, ss300, and parker. We drive 1500-1800 miles one way to race, and want to race more than 68 miles a day. We have these types of races out east (10-15 mile loop with a 4hr time period), and pay alot less to do it. For some reason though, I don't mind the BWC as much as this race. Also, don't forget that this was basically the same coarse as the BITD UTV World Championship, so we have already raced this coarse once this year. Sorry that I don't post on here much, but have been racing bitd since 2013, with 2014 and 2016 being a full season with bitd, in the 1900 class.

jackassracing89

I liked it, It was a lot of fun. I've been to the score race in Laughlin, raced the snore RATR race several times and this track was my favorite. I liked, being we were racing in class 8, I didn't have to be out to the track till 10ish. plenty of time to nurse the hangover. The track was rough, as Laughlin always is. And we were super lucky with the cooler temps.

Tech and registration were the worst I've been to. Although a bad day sitting in tech is a better day at work.

I liked it. Just sayin...

PAB

40's rock!
I liked it, I would go back.

Hard on equipment but that's mostly the drivers fault

I would like to see two lines in the sandy/super dusty sections, it would make for better racing.

FYU - I think I prefer letting the holes get bigger. The grading overnight made for two days of choppy holes. I think maybe if you let it go they may become whoops? I'm not an expert but I play one on the computer

Last edited:

J.COLEMAN

I liked it. I am glad they changed the course from Rage at the river and didn't race the exact same thing.... I agree with Cameron, DONT BLADE THE COURSE!!! Let me say this again, Please DONT BLADE THE COURSE, or any Course for that matter. I have KING shocks for a reason.... Bring on the bumps.... And yes, wider course would be nice, there was a fair amount of single track in the new bladed stuff.

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
I never got to see the course other than my area, but there were a few areas around me where if they didn't blade it, the UTVs and limited guys would not have made it through. That hairpin off camber turn just before you get to the hot pit is one of those areas, as is where Justin Matney rolled Sunday. Any other parts of the course like those areas should be left alone IMHO. But SCORE used to blade the course as well Sat night....

And THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Cam to whomever was piloting the DA's 7 truck for stopping and flagging the Jeepspeed rollover until Brad and I could get there to flag. Stellar job always putting safety first :) XO

bobylax

It seems that most of the feedback has been positive. For me personally, this just became my favorite race! Casey gave us an awesome spot to work from, plenty of close racing all day long, the hotels and restaurants, and we were done by 3:30 both days. Doubt we'll ever get that lucky with the weather again.

It does seem though that there hasn't been a whole lot of enthusiasm about this event. I gauge the interest in a race by how many are talking about it without being prompted, and on a personal note, when I post up pictures after every race, by Thursday or Friday after a race I have 25-30 photo requests, even after Henderson, which is a low turn out race. I've had less than 10 as of this afternoon. I hope this race takes off, but I'm not a racer, and they are the ones who by word of mouth will make this a great event!