• Forum membership has its advantages....

The new BITD Laughlin race. Yea or Nay?

EMS702

Rescue 1
Yea, I love this format, my only complaint is the race times, I don't see why the first race has to start at 6 am, there was plenty of sunlight after the end of the tt race so if they could make the first race start at 8 this schedule would still work out. Track was a lot of fun more so on Sunday then Saturday. We will be there next year.
Dave already responded to this. I think the start times were nice. First it gives BITD daylight to clean course and retrieve broken race vehicles. I also heard feedback from teams that were happy for the early ending to the day. Gave them time to prep race vehicle, and have team dinners or team events. Our team for the first time in a long time got to have a meal together and get a restful night before racing on Sunday. Plus Sunday we were able to get home see our families before heading off to work next day. Plus gave teams a chance to head home before it got too dark on the road.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

EMS702

Rescue 1
I never got to see the course other than my area, but there were a few areas around me where if they didn't blade it, the UTVs and limited guys would not have made it through. That hairpin off camber turn just before you get to the hot pit is one of those areas, as is where Justin Matney rolled Sunday. Any other parts of the course like those areas should be left alone IMHO. But SCORE used to blade the course as well Sat night....

And THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Cam to whomever was piloting the DA's 7 truck for stopping and flagging the Jeepspeed rollover until Brad and I could get there to flag. Stellar job always putting safety first :) XO
Cam stopping helping the crew out and flagging and waiting for the Jeepspeed to get around corner to safety was why we all respect him. Surely the classiest guy in off road.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today