www.altavistaevents.com
1616642763878.png

1616642792594.png

1616642828223.png

Lucho

Reaction
Website
www.altavistaevents.com
THE RACE IS TSTILL ON FOR JUNE 26 - ALL OFF-ROAD CLASSES. - SEE ENTRY TO SEE WHERE YOU FIT IN CLASS.

ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO COME WITH US AND GO AROUND THE COURSE JUST TO MAKE SURE THE GPS LAYOUT IS CORRECT, YOU ARE WELCOME TO COME. Send us a request to: lou@averacing.com and we will give you details of the date and time. We will upload the tentative course before we take off AND LOAD IT TO YOUR GPS UNIT. BY THE WAY GPS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AS COURSE MARKINGS WITH REFLECTIVE TAPE WILL BE MINIMAL.

Any adjustments we will make during the reconiscense, will be reflected on the "official" course that we will issued to all paid entrants.
Bring your pre-runner or your family 4-WD or your race car. It's an easy trip so no racing speeds. Don't need fire suits but please bring a helmet if you are in your race car. Be sure you have seatbelts for all riders in your car. Bring a radio so that we can communicate on our frequency 151.625 MHz, and just in case your cell phone. Get the car ready. This first course is approximately 37 miles long. We may change it as we survey the course. The trip will most likely be on a Saturday at a decent start time, like 11 a.m.

You've got the info above where to contact us. Do it before mid-May 2021.

Lou

51rcr

Reaction
it amazes me that nowhere on the flyer does it say where the races are being held. Not even what country!
it is a big miss on the flyer for sure. iam going to also guess close to cal city since its the address. But in desert that doesnt mean much.

Big Whitey

Reaction
Yellowstone Off-road racings most expensive entry is $95 less
Yes but you have to go to Montana to race on private farm roads. A lot of the cars are not up to par for a actual desert race. Having a house up there I did look into it somewhat.
AVE puts on all of their races starting at the same location outside Cal city. Lou owns the property they start on an he does a good job of trying to put up a course with some of everything. With the low entry fee and reasonably fun courses I am surprised not more people show up for experience at a minimum and real world testing on the other side. Biggest bummer is no tommies or in n out Close by.

51rcr

Reaction
Yes but you have to go to Montana to race on private farm roads. A lot of the cars are not up to par for a actual desert race. Having a house up there I did look into it somewhat.
AVE puts on all of their races starting at the same location outside Cal city. Lou owns the property they start on an he does a good job of trying to put up a course with some of everything. With the low entry fee and reasonably fun courses I am surprised not more people show up for experience at a minimum and real world testing on the other side. Biggest bummer is no tommies or in n out Close by.
But you said anywhere??? Yea but, but, so???
i only have to drive 6 hours not 24. Oh you havent been to one then and seen the vehicles. Theres usually 12 or so legitimate pro class vehicles that have raced what you call a real desert. Ultra 4s i thought did actual desert racing also. Still amazing how many legitimate race vehicles can come up and break or crash. Lots of it would be more like the top half of vegas to reno but i guess thats not desert racing. The track at Al Hogans through the trees and rocks will tear up a truck and by what he says was a great test for his trucks.
Sounds lots like the cal races. small 30 mile laps on the same ground so thats what ya get. You would think it would draw a group of racers looking at affordable runs. Wasnt there lots of racing there years ago?

Big Whitey

Reaction
i only have to drive 6 hours not 24. Oh you havent been to one then and seen the vehicles. Theres usually 12 or so legitimate pro class vehicles that have raced what you call a real desert. Ultra 4s i thought did actual desert racing also. Still amazing how many legitimate race vehicles can come up and break or crash. Lots of it would be more like the top half of vegas to reno but i guess thats not desert racing. The track at Al Hogans through the trees and rocks will tear up a truck and by what he says was a great test for his trucks.
Sounds lots like the cal races. small 30 mile laps on the same ground so thats what ya get. You would think it would draw a group of racers looking at affordable runs. Wasnt there lots of racing there years ago?
I didn’t say anywhere?
Lou said anywhere so yes I get it but yes I have raced his race series and it is GREAT for exactly what everyone on here tells someone new to do without the big money and big names to intimidate a new person, it really is the best for new learning curve folks and testing in real world environments

Last edited:

Big Whitey

Reaction
I lived up there full time for 15 years and the cars were not up to par, yes in the last 3/4 years a few of the guys with registration properties have been around and yes there is a few full time people up there as well now, Wy has some off road but southern desert type, NO, yes it would be off road racing but “desert racing”. I don’t think so. I took one of my cars into the local fab shop that raced the series and they were absolutely blown away by what they saw. But YES there are a few legit cars up there now

Lucho

Reaction
Website
www.altavistaevents.com
I guess we take a lot of things for granted. In reworking our flyer last month we inadvertently left out where the race is located.
It is at the Bar-B's Ranch, Kern County, California City Proper, CA. 138th & Proctor Blvd. - Our bad.
We just forgot that not everyone has ever raced out here for the past 57 years where desert racing really started, even before Lucerne or Barstow. But that's another matter.
So we have reworked our flyer to reflect the location. And even if you can't find it, please visit our website: www.averacing.com - And if after that you still have not figured it out, just give me a call at 661.524.1550.

As for the other comments, yeah, we've lost a lot of racers. We have not been the new kids in town for a lot of years. People like to try other things and that's fine. We are still around, doing our best whether it is for 12 cars or 120.
But I do challenge anyone to tell me we don't have the most variety of terrain than in any other race organization. I've been around long enough to have raced and promoted events that I know from which I'm speaking of.
If you ever wonder I'll be glad to send you on a 123 plus mile course that will knock your socks off and you'd think you are racing down the middle of Baja.
Before you jump all over me, no, we don't have a "beach run" like Baja but we do have a beach. And we do not exactly have a pine forest because years ago they took that away from us when they enclosed 26 thousand acres for a "Desert Tortoise Reserve."

Oh, yes. Sorry we don't have all those passes you have to have to race, pit, spectate like most other organizers. Sorry, we don't close the courses so you can't come in to rescue your car or watch it go by. Sorry we don't have to make you sign a multitude of documents just to be involved with the race. And we are really sorry we don't impose a rule that say you can't drink any liquor during the race. I know we are bad. But we have to do what we have to do.

Regardless, if some of you like to try us out, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. We are located at 35.124612° - -117.880980° That's just in case you are one of those nerdy guys.

You should also know that many years ago we were the first to exclusively use GPS racing to avoid problems on the course and not allow any Federal Agency to complain because we leave course markers after the race.

And that's the name of that tune!

Hope to see you next JUNE 26, 2021 - RACE STARTS AT 8 P.M.

Attachments

• 21-P150-Flyers-MAY13.jpg
    21-P150-Flyers-MAY13.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 33
  • 21-PURE-240-JUN26-ENTRY#1--March22.jpg
    21-PURE-240-JUN26-ENTRY#1--March22.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
  • 21-AlanBell-Photo-Chaos-March23.jpg
    21-AlanBell-Photo-Chaos-March23.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 20-21-PURE-POWECRAFT-LOGISTICS-FLYER-MAP-DETAILS-#2-MARCH-26.jpg
    20-21-PURE-POWECRAFT-LOGISTICS-FLYER-MAP-DETAILS-#2-MARCH-26.jpg