The Nurburgring in 7min. 11 sec.

freddy

Reaction
Talk about racecar for the road.

I'm thinking of going to the Ring in a couple of weeks and drive some laps. A little bit slower than the video above though. ;)

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
The Nurburgring is my favorite track, I know they will let you drive your personal vehicle on the big course, I wonder if they would let you take a rental car out. Unfortunately the Apollo only held the record for five days before this car, the Radical SR8LM took the record for production cars down to 6:48. The drivers and those cars are awesome.

X2, Stuck not only drove that lap during a tourist day, but he also drove the F1 course too.

freddy

Reaction
The Nurburgring is my favorite track, I know they will let you drive your personal vehicle on the big course, I wonder if they would let you take a rental car out. Unfortunately the Apollo only held the record for five days before this car, the Radical SR8LM took the record for production cars down to 6:48. The drivers and those cars are awesome.
There are several companies specializing in renting cars for the Nurburgring. See links for more info.

http://www.rsrnurburg.com/
http://www.rent-racecar.de/gb/

I think the "normal" rental companies close to Nurburgring are not happy with you driving on the track.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
One of the classic Nurburgring videos from Top Gear. She tries to take a Ford transit van around the ring in under 10 minutes

"Oversteer and understeer and everything!":D

[video=youtube;5KiC03_wVjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjc&feature=channel[/video]

firedog

Reaction

X2, Stuck not only drove that lap during a tourist day, but he also drove the F1 course too.
I have driven the SR3 with the 1500cc powertec engine on our race track out here in Colorado, very FUN! We had an SR8 out here but it was running like crap, I think the fuel map was not calibrated to run at 7,500+ in elevation. We were going to try and fix it but the owner just decided to ship it back to Florida where it ran fine.

michael_loomis

Reaction

Production car?? HAHA what is the minimum production number? 3? LOL

michael_loomis

Reaction

michael_loomis

Reaction
We get this Z enriched enough to live.. and I might have to ship it over to Germany for some "Testing" :D:D

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Production car?? HAHA what is the minimum production number? 3? LOL
To qualify for a "Production" class record at the Nurburgring, the only requriement is for the car to be street legal. So you could build one car as opposed to most sanctioning bodies who require some sort of homolegation rule.

This vid is awesome!

Got me wanting to go home and fire up the old Gran Turismo 4 and the steering wheel!

Long live der Nurburgring!! :D
Same here, It took me a month of playing GT4 before I had the course memorized well enough to win the 24 hour race.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Done deal.. I need to throw a GT party!!

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
Talk about racecar for the road.

I'm thinking of going to the Ring in a couple of weeks and drive some laps. A little bit slower than the video above though. ;)
Go for it, its an incredible place to drive. I did it last summer in a Skoda Fabia in 14:26 in the wet, yet somehow passed a 360 Stradali.

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction

Attachments

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction