The Official 2009 Powder Puff Thread

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Re: >>>> 107 Days to GO <<<<

Hooray!!! :D I'm excited!!! I missed it last year because I was out of town but I will be there this year!! :D If anyone needs a co-driver let me know ;) :D hee hee

empty pockets

Reaction

Rebel and Lisa are more than ready, and they are gonna drive hard this year........ So watch out for Truck 8115 girls............ :)

Baja Pits

Reaction

Keep in the back of your head that Baja Pits will be at this race offering our pit services for no charge. If you are interested , please PM me for information. Thanks to all who take part in this great race!

9rocky

Reaction

MORE and RPI just finished working out the details with Yamaha, and the good news is that we will be donating two quads to this years raffle. There will be a Raptor 250 AND a Raptor 700 given away. Each winner will be able to pick them up through their local dealer as well. The tickets are on their way from the printer, and they are only $10 each this year.

We want to thank Yamaha, Jim, Ron, and the entire MORE family for letting us be a part of this great event again this year. We all need to do what we can in this tough economy to make this event awesome again this year. Just like Royal Purple has by doubling their donation to Cedars Sanai to $40,000!!

Attachments

Fourstroker

Reaction

MORE and RPI just finished working out the details with Yamaha, and the good news is that we will be donating two quads to this years raffle. There will be a Raptor 250 AND a Raptor 700 given away. Each winner will be able to pick them up through their local dealer as well. The tickets are on their way from the printer, and they are only $10 each this year.

We want to thank Yamaha, Jim, Ron, and the entire MORE family for letting us be a part of this great event again this year. We all need to do what we can in this tough economy to make this event awesome again this year. Just like Royal Purple has by doubling their donation to Cedars Sanai to $40,000!!
Thanks Kevin - That is huge

My wife and HER team will be there again this year. This will be her 3rd time.

Oh yeah - FAIR will also be there to support ALL racers. Thanks Baja Pits for stepping up as well

pdailey

Racer
Reaction

I'm gonna come out and say this, my wife called MORE a few months ago and the guy she talked to was rather rude to her while she was asking questions. She was all excited to race, but after speaking to the guy (not sure who it was honestly), she chose not to race. Bummer. Don't know if the guy was in a bad mood or what, but whatever the reason, they lost an entry because of his attitude.

9rocky

Reaction

I'm gonna come out and say this, my wife called MORE a few months ago and the guy she talked to was rather rude to her while she was asking questions. She was all excited to race, but after speaking to the guy (not sure who it was honestly), she chose not to race. Bummer. Don't know if the guy was in a bad mood or what, but whatever the reason, they lost an entry because of his attitude.
That is too bad because you can ask anybody who has been to the first three races, and to a person, they will tell you this is the most fun you will ever have at a race. Remember this is all for the ladies and for Cedars Sanai. All proceeds (which last year exceeded $120,000) go to breast cancer research.

Attachments

pdailey

Racer
Reaction

That is too bad because you can ask anybody who has been to the first three races, and to a person, they will tell you this is the most fun you will ever have at a race. Remember this is all for the ladies and for Cedars Sanai.
It is sad. My wife was all set to race, really excited about it. Was even going to bring her work on board as a sponsor. The guy that she spoke to was Ron. First impressions are everything and she was not impressed. We will just donate right to the source this year I guess. :(:(

M.Harvey1600

Reaction

It is sad. My wife was all set to race, really excited about it. Was even going to bring her work on board as a sponsor. The guy that she spoke to was Ron. First impressions are everything and she was not impressed. We will just donate right to the source this year I guess. :(:(
come on P-Diddy talk her into it... itll b awesome... how exactly was the guy rude? wut did he say to give her such a bad taste in her mouth about more? normally the people are great very racer friendly!

M.Harvey1600

Reaction

im sill workin on gettin my mom and sister out there 2 race my porter 1600... they totally wanna do it but its coming down to finances and gettin the car all ready...

any ladies wanna help sponsor our car in exchange for a ride during the race??? it will obviously go to a great cause

Big Fish

Reaction

Let your wife know that she will be racing with girls that want to be there and want to have fun. I was just in a MORE race and never seen nor met Ron. One guy is not the majority. Plus this is going to be my wifes first time in the driver's seat of our 5-1600 and she would like to race your wife.

Fourstroker

Reaction

First impressions aside Pat, you might ask her to reconsider. Everything that Kevin said is true tenfold. My wifes first year she had a whatever attitude about it. After her first lap that year she was absolutely hooked. The donation is great and appreciated but nothing will replace the smiles, laughs, stories and comaraderie your wife will share with the other ladies for years. The emotions that the women show at this great event is priceless.

Simply put. Please give your wife the opportunity to race this thing. It is nothing like any other "Powder Puff" race and the energy in the air is simply unreal. I have gone as far as lining up a back up car since this race is the week after the SNORE 250 and I am racing that one too. My wife WILL NOT miss this race. Your's shouldn't either

pdailey

Racer
Reaction

come on P-Diddy talk her into it... itll b awesome... how exactly was the guy rude? wut did he say to give her such a bad taste in her mouth about more? normally the people are great very racer friendly!
Let your wife know that she will be racing with girls that want to be there and want to have fun. I was just in a MORE race and never seen nor met Ron. One guy is not the majority. Plus this is going to be my wifes first time in the driver's seat of our 5-1600 and she would like to race your wife.
First impressions aside Pat, you might ask her to reconsider. Everything that Kevin said is true tenfold. My wifes first year she had a whatever attitude about it. After her first lap that year she was absolutely hooked. The donation is great and appreciated but nothing will replace the smiles, laughs, stories and comaraderie your wife will share with the other ladies for years. The emotions that the women show at this great event is priceless.

Simply put. Please give your wife the opportunity to race this thing. It is nothing like any other "Powder Puff" race and the energy in the air is simply unreal. I have gone as far as lining up a back up car since this race is the week after the SNORE 250 and I am racing that one too. My wife WILL NOT miss this race. Your's shouldn't either
Trust me guys. I have been trying. I would love her to do this race. She would rather race somewhere else than MORE though. I am really bummed. Like I said though, we are all about the cause. I thought it would have been really cool to see the company she works for make a sizable donation on behalf of an off road race, but that won't be the case unfortunately.

Fourstroker

Reaction

Trust me guys. I have been trying. I would love her to do this race. She would rather race somewhere else than MORE though. I am really bummed. Like I said though, we are all about the cause. I thought it would have been really cool to see the company she works for make a sizable donation on behalf of an off road race, but that won't be the case unfortunately.
If you can get her out there to watch even one lap and watch the looks on the ladies faces she will never miss another one. If you need any help convincing her or have questions about the info that she was unable to get please let me know. I know Ron and Jim and will get you whatever info you need. By the way I am not saying that he wasn't rude or that I can blame her for being pissed. I would just hate to see her miss the opportunity. See you soon Pat!

pdailey

Racer
Reaction

If you can get her out there to watch even one lap and watch the looks on the ladies faces she will never miss another one. If you need any help convincing her or have questions about the info that she was unable to get please let me know. I know Ron and Jim and will get you whatever info you need. By the way I am not saying that he wasn't rude or that I can blame her for being pissed. I would just hate to see her miss the opportunity. See you soon Pat!
I haven't thrown in the towel yet. If you have met my wife, she isn't one to get discouraged that easily. LOL. I'd be afraid of her pulling a Caspino and running over the timing trailer. HAHAHAHA. We shall see.......

9rocky

Reaction

Another picture from 2008 tech...

Attachments

Fourstroker

Reaction

Hell - I even let my wife take my new car out for its first race. A couple shots of our girls last year

Attachments

9rocky

Reaction

Nice Kevin...

Here are some from 2007...

Attachments

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction

I haven't thrown in the towel yet. If you have met my wife, she isn't one to get discouraged that easily. LOL. I'd be afraid of her pulling a Caspino and running over the timing trailer. HAHAHAHA. We shall see.......
She mentioned this to me too and I was super bummed to hear that she wasn't going to race... I know she would love it :D Keep working on her Pat!! I'll see if I can't talk her into it too :D LOL I'm a first impression type person too... so I can understand where she is coming from.