The "Official" Dakar 2016 Thread

Ferrari333SP

Reaction
Bryce Menzies for the win, calling it now

spalind

Reaction
He was called the best OffRoad driver to ever come through the O'Neil Rally School... Not just for his skill but for his willingness to listen and learn...so I wouldn't put it past him if put in the correct vehicle

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

spalind

Reaction
Well, now there is your first names American entry for '16...Chuck Dempsey and the Brenthal team just announced on his Instagram feed that they are beginning to prep the vehicle I assume for testing throughout the year...

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

blue dog

Reaction
I hope el martillo comes back and Herbie 353 wins overall.

Ferrari333SP

Reaction
Considering Red Bull's sponsorship, what are the chances Nasser races for Peugeot next year, making Terranova and Roma the top drivers at Mini?

Ferrari333SP

Reaction
Also, I wonder if Peugeot should maybe design the 2016 version of their car to be a bit wider? I feel 2wd buggies with tires that big, would benefit from a wider track, like the Gordini and SMG buggies. The Peugeot just looks too narrow, thereby not allowing it to take corners as quickly as the others.

Ferrari333SP

Reaction
Watching a video of Peterhansel explaining the interior of the Pug, he mentioned it doesn't have A/C; just ventilation of air from outside the car. I assume they didn't have enough time this past year to put an A/C system in it, but will for sure have one next year.

Edit:

Got the video

Last edited:

Ferrari333SP

Reaction
If Bryze does do Dakar next year, will that generate more US media interest than RG does currently? I've noticed a few more US motorsports sites do stories on the Dakar this year than in past years

LantanaTX

Reaction
I wonder what's more likely; Menzies in a Mini or a Peugeot next year

Hopefully the second Gordini or anything of than a Mini. Why isn't there an unlimited class? That would definitely raise American interest. This would take ASO out of factoring who wins or at least the perception of this.

Short Bus

Reaction
From El Martillo:

As the team has being doing for the last two years, we keep our eyes on the Dakar Rally, but after this year’s event we need the help of a committed sponsor / partner to support the Canadian, Mexican and American team.

As we said some weeks ago, “if it were easy, everyone would do it”, this is a new challenge for the team because the race car needs to be rebuilt, but we are positive of the awareness of many Canadian and Mexican companies about the exposure this event has and the popularity the team got due to the dramatically and spectacular roll over. Now we have the attention, we’re working on making that an interesting product.