• Forum membership has its advantages....

The "Official" Dakar 2018 Thread

GEO_DXB

and L'equipe is the largest french sports newspaper with which ASO works together. All regs are posted every year by ASO using l'equipe's server so what you found is actual official regs

blue dog

With all of the Hilux trucks running this race, are any of them diesel. Have only noticed petrol powered Hilux trucks so far.

mrlentle

With all of the Hilux trucks running this race, are any of them diesel. Have only noticed petrol powered Hilux trucks so far.
Don't believe so - there was a little chatter last year about potential development cost etc. I guess with them having the Lexus engines available it's an economical option.

blue dog

I wish they offered a diesel Tacoma in the states, or one of those landcruiser troopy’s they sell in Australia.

mrlentle

I wish they offered a diesel Tacoma in the states, or one of those landcruiser troopy’s they sell in Australia.
I wish we could get the larger Toyo's down here. Pretty much anything over a certain weight has to be converted to right hand drive to be legal in NZ (like the diesel Rams I believe would be overweight). To give you an idea of our market, the biggest selling vehicle in NZ in 2017 was the Ford Ranger, probably 95 percent of which would be diesel. Petrol is expensive in NZ (about USD 5.80 per US gallon) so diesels are always a blessing. Even my old Toyota Corolla is a diesel - not the quickest but very economical to get to work!