• Forum membership has its advantages....

The "Official" Dakar 2019 Thread

spalind

I thought Bryce had a 3 year contract with Mini/Red Bull? Or did the wreck terminate that?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app
Dunno..but he no longer has his prior codriver (Pete Mortenson), hasn't run any rallyraid since Dakar, hasn't looked to train a new codriver in rallyraid and hasn't mentioned it in any postings of any kind and continues to get injured with this or that...I wouldn't be placing bets on it...

Now can he wave a check and probly get back in the queue for a seat? Sure...but that's even worse than RG...At least RG was working on and thinking about Dakar all year long before he put his effort on a boat on a budget...These other guys live and breath rallyraid...

Dirty Harry

This race it was Nasser vs Jazeed pretty much, no other "elite" drivers racing so he had more chances, bad for Nasser but I guess it doesn't matters for him...
I like Yazeed more anyway because he stopped to take a selfie with us!

IMG_0182.jpg

Dunno..but he no longer has his prior codriver (Pete Mortenson), hasn't run any rallyraid since Dakar, hasn't looked to train a new codriver in rallyraid and hasn't mentioned it in any postings of any kind and continues to get injured with this or that...I wouldn't be placing bets on it...

Now can he wave a check and probly get back in the queue for a seat? Sure...but that's even worse than RG...At least RG was working on and thinking about Dakar all year long before he put his effort on a boat on a budget...These other guys live and breath rallyraid...
I am not sure Bryce is completely healed from his back surgery. He is out of the brace. I heard talk of possible Vegas to Reno run for his team. Nothing on social media. Last year he was at Silkway to prepare for Dakar.

spalind

I am not sure Bryce is completely healed from his back surgery. He is out of the brace. I heard talk of possible Vegas to Reno run for his team. Nothing on social media. Last year he was at Silkway to prepare for Dakar.
Exactly...he keeps getting injured and hasn't done any real prep or training and doesn't have the codriver he has used in almost all his rallyraid events to date...looks like we Americans are back looking at only the bikes in '19 for results from our home country...

spalind

RG (or whoever manages his IG account) responded to me when he posted a photo of his Textron UTV and I commented that he should run one in Dakar ‘19...quoting “We’re thinking about bringing a team to Dakar with these”

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Bricoop

RG (or whoever manages his IG account) responded to me when he posted a photo of his Textron UTV and I commented that he should run one in Dakar ‘19...quoting “We’re thinking about bringing a team to Dakar with these”

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert
There's a few comments where he's made a similar response. It'd be great to see a fleet of them out there.

michael_loomis

As long as he’s in something else competing for an overall, I’m good with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spalind

Casey Currie took the win in the UTV class at the Desafio Inca this past weekend...in his podium comments he mentions wanting to go to Dakar and trying to figure out any way possible to do so. Wouldn't be surprised if he showed up under the South Racing banner in '19.

michael_loomis

Casey Currie took the win in the UTV class at the Desafio Inca this past weekend...in his podium comments he mentions wanting to go to Dakar and trying to figure out any way possible to do so. Wouldn't be surprised if he showed up under the South Racing banner in '19.
A little birdie (Tucker) hinted they will be down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty Harry

That’s cool I think Casey is going about it the right way by getting some Rally raid experience. Who navigated for him?

spalind

That’s cool I think Casey is going about it the right way by getting some Rally raid experience. Who navigated for him?
Laurent Lichtleutcher

Don't know the exact difference but Casey is in the SxS class while David Bensadoun (Canada, Aldo Racing) finished sixth of nine in the UTV class...