• Forum membership has its advantages....

The "Official" Dakar 2019 Thread

Robby just put up a video on Instagram testing the Speed Cat. Saying testing for Dakar. Be interesting to know what he is up to. I suppose the speed cat would fit the manufacturer add on rule with the turbo ? This would make Dakar even more fun. Watching Robby in the speed cat against Casey in the Can Am would be interesting.

Short Bus

I remember hearing about Sainz going back to X-Raid, don't think I saw any mention of Despres and Peterhansel too:

Motorsport.com understands Sainz's X-raid debut will take place at the Rally of Morocco on October 4-9, where he will be accompanied by another buggy driven by Despres.

Despres and Peterhansel have also transferred from Peugeot to X-raid ahead of the next Dakar, although the latter will not join the team until the end of September, when his contract with Peugeot Sport ends. [\quote]

Peugeot refugee Sainz joins X-raid Mini for 2019 Dakar Rally

BajaFand

Robby just put up a video on Instagram testing the Speed Cat. Saying testing for Dakar. Be interesting to know what he is up to. I suppose the speed cat would fit the manufacturer add on rule with the turbo ? This would make Dakar even more fun. Watching Robby in the speed cat against Casey in the Can Am would be interesting.
Dirt_alliance IG shows the same clip of Robby and says that Robby is bringing Sheldon Creed, Cole Potts, and Blade Hildebrand in Textron cars down to Dakar this year. Not sure if any of that information is credible considering where it’s coming from but sounds awesome if it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

michael_loomis

Cool.. but not the same unless running for an overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short Bus

Maybe he is building LS powered Textrons.

Only half kidding. No consumers think the Pug or Mini Dakar cars are remotely related to their street cars - or a Renault F1/NASCAR Camry....

It wouldn't be the worst idea for Textron to sponser an RG T1 car that has a passing resemblance to a UTV. Maybe have 2 T1 cars for the overall, and a handful of actual Textron UTVs racing in that class.

GEO_DXB

While not a new car they must be doing many updates. They had a lot of persisting issues last year and there is no way they would return before addressing them.
they focused on overheating issues, if you go to Tom's twitter you will see a bigger roof scoop and a relocated bigger radiator. Other than that i'm not sure what they can change.