• Forum membership has its advantages....

The "Official" Dakar 2019 Thread

Short Bus

I see RG posted this the other day as well - "Currently in France at the Tour de France with Kyle Robbins and Max it’s a pretty cool experience. guess what else we are doing?"

ASO is also the organizer for the Tour de France.

Chris Tobin

And who is the guy who has been tagging along with Max and Robby in Europe? Kyle Robbins? Flat track racer?
Kyle has been RGs crew/team/chief/get it done guy for years and years! He is a really great guy and is very low key and gets stuff done and handled no matter what. He is involved in almost all RG activities, but behind the scenes most of the time.

Chris Tobin

Definitely an asterisked Dakar for me. 8 real stages, no factory super team...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure about the course... hopefully they don't just run it down then back up the same route, but they may...

As for the no super team, I am looking forward to that aspect!!! It will be nice to see who comes to the front this year... But really thinking about it, Mini and Toyota are still there, hard to not consider them super teams...

spalind

door isn't closed but its not sounding good for Bryce to return to RallyRaid anytime soon...asked him on Twitter if there was any RallyRaid in his schedule and the response was "we'll see what the future brings"...I'd say good old Sven may not have enjoyed that endo as much as YouTube did...

GEO_DXB

Sven's son is running a lot of it now. However I believe the door is always open for Bryce - if you have a budget you have a ride. Baja Aragon runs now and Vasiliev is in an Overdrive Toyota..... Go figure..... So X-Raid would be happy with a big name coming in. As for the Dakar - its all learning, we have all been talking about this here for a while....

Dirty Harry

Silkway Al-Rajhi 1st, Nasser 2nd
I'm pretty surprised by this. Yazeed had a strong showing in a Toyota at his first Dakar (before retiring early) but since then hasn't really been a threat to win, usually hovering around 10th place. Maybe I have been underestimating him?

I'm pretty surprised by this. Yazeed had a strong showing in a Toyota at his first Dakar (before retiring early) but since then hasn't really been a threat to win, usually hovering around 10th place. Maybe I have been underestimating him?
This race it was Nasser vs Jazeed pretty much, no other "elite" drivers racing so he had more chances, bad for Nasser but I guess it doesn't matters for him...

BajaFand

door isn't closed but its not sounding good for Bryce to return to RallyRaid anytime soon...asked him on Twitter if there was any RallyRaid in his schedule and the response was "we'll see what the future brings"...I'd say good old Sven may not have enjoyed that endo as much as YouTube did...
I thought Bryce had a 3 year contract with Mini/Red Bull? Or did the wreck terminate that?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app