The "Official" Dakar 2020 Thread

bajaherbie

Two episodes tomorrow, 4 and 4:30 pm Central Time. Then it goes to one 30 minute show daily for Tues, Wed, and Thursday. Fridays show starts a 8 pm Central. 10 pm for Saturdays show!

There is a live Barrett-Jackson auction next weekend on the same channel.

BajaFand

Kind of a bummer, I know we’re only 2 days into the rally but the fan-posted pictures and YouTube videos we got used to in South America are pretty much non-existent from KSA. I’ve searched YouTube with absolutely no luck except stuff posted by ASO or fan vids from previous years. Maybe I’m not searching correctly?

Does KSA control the internet to the extent that we will never get much, or will it just take time for the race to gain a fanbase there for us to get more spectator footage?

Hog Wild

Kind of a bummer, I know we’re only 2 days into the rally but the fan-posted pictures and YouTube videos we got used to in South America are pretty much non-existent from KSA. I’ve searched YouTube with absolutely no luck except stuff posted by ASO or fan vids from previous years. Maybe I’m not searching correctly?
ما هي المصطلحات التي تبحث عنها. ربما تحتاج إلى تغيير اللغات!

SteveRacer

Does KSA control the internet to the extent that we will never get much, or will it just take time for the race to gain a fanbase there for us to get more spectator footage?
This sucks. Kind of tough to grow your fan base when even your current fans cannot find info.

SteveRacer

According to tracking there are 14 Americans in the race but I am only counting 10. Maybe it is accounting for navigators?

5 in bikes: Short, Howes, Brabec, McCoy and Poucher

4 in SxS: Jones, Currie, Hildebrand and Guthrie

1 in Cars: Patton

Desert Dog

Dakar Finisher
There aren’t millions of people speculating as in South America unfortunately - hence the lack of fan stuff. i hear more what is going on via RDZ than in the bivouac! People are generally so busy rebuilding and / or repairing themselves. Bikes always go first so we’re up first light and don’t really get to see the cars.

BoothPacific Films

There aren’t millions of people speculating as in South America unfortunately - hence the lack of fan stuff. i hear more what is going on via RDZ than in the bivouac! People are generally so busy rebuilding and / or repairing themselves. Bikes always go first so we’re up first light and don’t really get to see the cars.
Thanks for the updates. Great to hear your point of view.

spalind

According to tracking there are 14 Americans in the race but I am only counting 10. Maybe it is accounting for navigators?

5 in bikes: Short, Howes, Brabec, McCoy and Poucher

4 in SxS: Jones, Currie, Hildebrand and Guthrie

1 in Cars: Patton
They counting Petr Vleck as an American? As I keep saying...he is from South Carolina...

y2kbaja

How did Seth Quintero get so far into the process only to find out he wasn't old enough at the last minute? Are the age rules that ambiguous?
My wife and I were wondering the same thing when he got this big interview on Red Bull TV. How did he get thru the entire process, registrations, tickets bought, sponsors, promo videos, mentor (Cyril)...the full deal, only to find out days before you can't race. Did he have to produce a birth certificate and it didn't match the entry dob?

class5cole

Great day for Brabec and a horrible day for Van Beveren. Imagine bailing out of your truck in the fast lane. Lucky to just break his collarbone

michael_loomis

Anybody know where the trucks went that BJ and Chich drove awhile back??

Those are a couple of my favs.

billy evans

Two of the best videos I've seen in a while have just been put up. No goofy music.. Just bad ass racing. Beautiful country

Fourstroker

Watched the first 3 recap shows last night. Wish they were longer but 30 minutes for each day seemed to tell the story. Best part of the night was having my wife watch with me and she was actually interested. She got to learn about the roadbooks (had my NORRA book for reference), what happens when you break your tower and can't use your scroll chart, and why even the americans call them "punctures", "stones" and "fesh fesh" when interviewed. Shes been around desert racing for 20 years(even did the powder puff a couple times) and was fascinated with the navigational differences. What do yo mean theres no course markers???