• Forum membership has its advantages....

The "Official" Dakar 2020 Thread

CaptinCrash

Does Casey Currie have a long term plan to win the overall at Dakar? A few years in SXS to win a SXS title before trying a car category?

I see the T-6 Ford Ranger road pickup is near/ on sale in North America. That is 'close to' the 'Ford Ranger' that nwm -Neil Woolridge Motorsports makes as the FIA T1/ South African offroad championship machine. (facebook nwm shows a few new frames being welded up for 2019)
Ford Ranger (Americas) - Wikipedia (sold in North America with 2.3 Ecoboost)
New 2019 Ford Ranger Truck | Buy New Ford Trucks in Lititz, PA

For a dakar proto similar to Fuchs (Dakar 2019 - proto 10th OA - 380hp coyote) power with a 3rd gen coyote with direct injection or develop the 3 liter v6 power stroke diesel used in the F150. with Xtrac Rally Raid driveline.

The Australians managed to fit the coyote V8 into a road going PX-6 Ford Ranger (Thailand) supercharged coyote with 460 horsepower with heavy duty ZF auto.

Ford and VW are going to co-operate in various markets to develop vans and pickups.

Someone might be able to talk this guy into a Dakar run rather than Siberia (if things are not too peachy with the ruskies)
Glickenhaus Confirms That The New SCG Boot Will Enter The 2019 Baja 1000
Shhhhh don’t tell everyone our plan

BajaFand

If anyone watches “The Grand Tour” on Amazon you know the Namibia has miles and miles of dunes near the coast. Clarkson, Hammond, and May did everything in Manx buggies with zero ground clearance and weak engines.

I honestly don’t see the race leaving SA anytime soon unless they get completely blackballed by every country. This year seemed like a win for Peru.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

TMorford

michael_loomis

Why the hell would RG drive that thing? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NIKAL

The article says the Jeep is racing on Falken Tires? Unless they put Toyo’s on it, I don’t see RG driving it.

spalind

The article says the Jeep is racing on Falken Tires? Unless they put Toyo’s on it, I don’t see RG driving it.
You seem to be correct...he did not run it while Eric Miller did...interesting...he was out prerunning the course in his Textron though...

michael_loomis

You seem to be correct...he did not run it while Eric Miller did...interesting...he was out prerunning the course in his Textron though...
He raced the UTV race didn’t he?

He wadded his TT pretty good. Time for a 4WD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

y2kbaja

RG was in the Jeep for the first loop of the EMC race. I watched the live coverage and saw his beady eyes in the helmet that got out of the drivers seat. Erik Miller did drive the 2nd, rock, loop.

Short Bus

I haven't checked in to RDC much since the end of this year's Dakar, so I just heard about Pete. :(:(:(

I think we have a lot of international users here that may not read other parts at RDC and have not heard of his passing. He was a regular contributor in this section and I appreciated his input and was happy to see a driver/builder from North American off road racing have an interest in rally raid style off road. I think some of his last posts to RDC were in this section.

The main Pete thread:

Pistol OK?