The "Official" Dakar 2021 Thread

BajaFand

Reaction
I was expecting people wearing masks with some distance between them. It does not even look like there is any media.
This being only the second year in a new country and with Covid protocols it’s not surprising. Last year spectators were few and far between. This is more like the old Dakar in the middle of Africa with not many spectators there either. Nothing will ever be like the crowds of fans in South America, unless maybe they held it on Baja.

MKR44

Reaction
Hello All, has anyone found the restrictor size rule for the BRX of Leob and Roma? If you have, please post the link. Thank you in advance. Mike

slcdmc

Reaction
This being only the second year in a new country and with Covid protocols it’s not surprising. Last year spectators were few and far between. This is more like the old Dakar in the middle of Africa with not many spectators there either. Nothing will ever be like the crowds of fans in South America, unless maybe they held it on Baja.
Having gone to Peru in 19 and Saudi last year I can say there is no comparison and probably never will be. The cultures are so different. I can see the Saudi following growing but not to the degree that it had in South America. I planned to go to Saudi this year but after reading through all the restrictions around Covid I thought it would be too much of a hinderance. Fingers crossed I get back in 2022.

ISRengine

Reaction
Hello All, has anyone found the restrictor size rule for the BRX of Leob and Roma? If you have, please post the link. Thank you in advance. Mike
I might be wrong i think they are on under the Petro Prototype 32mm restrictor
1609904128331.png

SteveRacer

Reaction
I see that the Hummer is competing this year. Anyone have any knowlege of it? Has much changed since it chamged hands?

Tipracer

Reaction
Thank you all for the updates..
Is it just me or are the bikes insanely close at the midway 30 min separating the top 15.. that’s crazy. Hope Ricky and Skyler can find 15 min.. and Austin Jones is doing an amazing job (second by+ 40 sec. ) so is Seth Q.( 1st by almost 2hrs ... truly amazing, I see a very bright future for him). Bummer about the Matlock’s hope they finish...Was there any comments from ASO regarding Andrew Shorts gas issues?..saw the pictures and something didn’t just doesn’t make sense, did anyone else have gas issues?

BGRANT

Reaction

BGRANT

Reaction
Thank you all for the updates..
Is it just me or are the bikes insanely close at the midway 30 min separating the top 15.. that’s crazy. Hope Ricky and Skyler can find 15 min.. and Austin Jones is doing an amazing job (second by+ 40 sec. ) so is Seth Q.( 1st by almost 2hrs ... truly amazing, I see a very bright future for him). Bummer about the Matlock’s hope they finish...Was there any comments from ASO regarding Andrew Shorts gas issues?..saw the pictures and something didn’t just doesn’t make sense, did anyone else have gas issues?
Several had fuel issues, Shortys was just the worst in that he was the only one that could not get firing again. Tobys bad fuel was in his rear tanks so it did not work its way into the injectors.

GEO_DXB

Reaction
I see that the Hummer is competing this year. Anyone have any knowlege of it? Has much changed since it chamged hands?
Its been Saudi-id(-zied). As per Desert Dog it needs a whole new loom and engine management and tune, but guys arent willing to pay for it. Body was a bit tatty too to be honest.

SteveRacer

Reaction
Its been Saudi-id(-zied). As per Desert Dog it needs a whole new loom and engine management and tune, but guys arent willing to pay for it. Body was a bit tatty too to be honest.
Disappointing. Being such a fan favorite you would think there is some incentive to keep it running at the top.

I am curious if they got molds or something for the body when they bought it. They are specific to the Hummer and wouldnt be of any use to anyone else.