The "Official" Dakar 2021 Thread

Desert Dog

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
Had Mitch Guthrie Jr and Seth Quinteiro in the shop yesterday - the mechanics are prepping the new OT3's ahead of the testing for the next few days.

Full Red Bull media shoot today as well with KTM / Overdrive Toyota / OT3.

slcdmc

Reaction
This is the team I was hinting at a couple of weeks ago. Another American in the race.
Screenshot_20201123-141429_Facebook.jpg

spalind

Reaction
saw that and figured....Rothman's replica? I like the Skoda sedan as well as the Peugeot pickup...

spalind

Reaction
No Currie in UTVs, no American in Cars, no Nissans of any kind, no RG, only three Americans on bikes...But there is an American codriving a Truck...so I guess there's that?????

NIKAL

Reaction
No Currie in UTVs, no American in Cars, no Nissans of any kind, no RG, only three Americans on bikes...But there is an American codriving a Truck...so I guess there's that?????

There will be 3 American UTV teams racing. The Matlocks & Scanlon will be racing in 3 factory supported RZR’s built by Jimco.

SteveRacer

Reaction
Audi to Dakar

"Multiple media reports have confirmed that Audi Sport is to exit Formula E at the end of the 2021 season, this hard on the heels of their post 2020 exit from DTM as a factory effort, with a future-focused, it seems on both an EV entry into the Dakar Rally in 2022 followed by the much-anticipated return to top-class sportscar racing in 2023."

Bricoop

Reaction
Audi to Dakar

"Multiple media reports have confirmed that Audi Sport is to exit Formula E at the end of the 2021 season, this hard on the heels of their post 2020 exit from DTM as a factory effort, with a future-focused, it seems on both an EV entry into the Dakar Rally in 2022 followed by the much-anticipated return to top-class sportscar racing in 2023."
Fish’s post indicates it’s a hybrid?

BajaFand

Reaction
What about AJ Jones and the Red Bull OT3 teams? Both have been competing and testing recently. Hard to believe the defending overall UTV champ doesn’t have a ride this year????

Desert Dog

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
What about AJ Jones and the Red Bull OT3 teams? Both have been competing and testing recently. Hard to believe the defending overall UTV champ doesn’t have a ride this year????

Two of the OT3 cars are in our shop as we speak, along with Seth Quinteiro and Mitch Guthrie. There will be a third car which is on it's way.

mrlentle

Reaction
Just under 5000km of special stages. Interesting that they're talking of less high speed/power focus for the course. @Desert Dog thoughts on the course? Is this more dune focused than last year? It reads like a good mix but it may just be writers creativity.