The "Official" Dakar 2021 Thread

ISRengine

Reaction
Now I see the Jag designer link. Maybe he scratched it up after a couple whiskies in a Friday at the pub?
it's still a strange design, ut if it can go fast why not
Do they have rush it to make that video, they use universal rim (2:35) or they dont have same bolt patern from front to rear, so universal spare 😂 i am joking that don't change the performance the car can have

spalind

Reaction
Oh dear. Land Rover have supplied a couple of the new Defenders as support vehicles for the BRX Rally Team - as if they didn't have enough on their plate with two new race cars! 😂 😂 😂
Electrical problems before they get to the start of the liaison section for sure. Probly rust out before returning to Jeddah...

NIKAL

Reaction
So Saudi Arabia cancels all international fights out of safety of the virus, yet when our President tried to do this he and our Country were called racists.

To be honest I thought this race was going to be officially canceled last week. Glad to see it’s still scheduled, but will not be shocked if shortened or canceled part way through. Might depend on who’s leading on that day, if they officially shorten it and call it finished, or cancel it and no one is the winner.

ISRengine

Reaction
Gazoo are re-assemble the hilux in the Hotel parking lot since they are not allowed to leave for 2 days

133601681_3065334850370034_6050872854504628917_o.jpg

Ferrari333SP

Reaction
I wonder what improvements they've made to the Hilux this time, since they've used the same truck for so many years now.

fernischumi

Reaction
I wonder what improvements they've made to the Hilux this time, since they've used the same truck for so many years now.

Press release: "The car has seen substantial development thanks the team competing locally in the SACCS. This allowed TOYOTA GAZOO Racing Dakar Team Principal, Glyn Hall, to refine the car on an ongoing basis, while getting valuable feedback from both Giniel and Henk in race conditions. For 2021, the overall layout and geometry of the car remains unchanged, but refinements to the suspension and the naturally aspirated V8 engine have ensured that the latest version of the Hilux is as competitive and reliable as ever."

ISRengine

Reaction
In that interview they have asked Sainz what's your closet opponent for dakar, he say Loeb he's great and add to the level of competitivity for 2021 dakar, he is not sure about the prodrive car.
Sainz say in the last paragraph that the one he wil watch close it's Nasser and Ginel since :''the hilux have a new engine and a new suspension''

Sainz : "Le retour de Loeb améliore la qualité du plateau" - Pilote de Course.

Desert Dog

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
This Covid thing has caused havoc with almost everybody travelling to Saudi. Flights cancelled, competitors being stranded in airports, etc, but it seems that ASO are pulling out all the stops with charter flights.

Nani Roma's co-driver (Dani Oliveras) has been tested positive and has been replaced with Alex Winocq (he of the strange hairdo).

⚠️ 🇪🇸 Crisis for Nani Roma before the start.

Dani Oliveras his co-driver, has tested positive for COVID-19 and will not be able to compete in the next Dakar. The Catalan co-pilot had been testing positive since the beginning of December and, finally, he has not managed to reverse the situation to can travel to Saudi Arabia.

The new co-driver for Roma is the French Alex Winocq, who has formed a partnership in the past with fellow Frenchman Guerlain Chiherit.

Oliveras is the second spanish who tested positive for coronavirus after having undergone a PCR. Francesc Ester has not been able to travel to Arabia either, Jordi Celma will replace him.

Last edited:

Desert Dog

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
🏍️ TVS Racing Pulls Out Of Dakar 2021.

TVS Racing will not be participating in the 2021 Dakar Rally but will back Indian rider Harith Noah who will compete as a privateer on the Sherco TVS RTR 450 motorcycle.

TVS Racing, the motorsport arm of TVS Motor Company, has announced that it will be pulling out of the 2021 Dakar Rally, barely days before the event is scheduled to begin. TVS has confirmed that it won't be participating in the rally as a factory team, and instead, will support Indian rider Harith Noah as a sponsor, who will participate as a privateer in the upcoming edition. The announcement is huge considering that TVS Racing was the first Indian factory team at Dakar and has participated in six editions so far between 2015 and 2020. The 43rd edition is set to begin on January 3, 2021, and would've been the team's seventh outing.

TVS Racing has not shared more details on the sudden decision, but it does raise questions around its partnership with French motorcycle maker Sherco, its motorsport partner for Dakar, and other off-road rallying events. It remains unclear if the decision will affect the team's future rallying prospects as well. Previously, the Sherco TVS Rally Team participated in a number of rallies over the years including six editions of Dakar, Rally of Morocco, PanAfrica Rally, Merzouga Rally, and the Baja Aragon.

The announcement will see Sherco operate independently as a factory outfit in the 2021 Dakar Rally. With TVS Racing officially pulling out, the Hero MotoSports Team Rally will be the only factory team from India at Dakar 2021.

Desert Dog

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
🇦🇷 Argentinian competitors arrived in Jeddah.

After so many problems that started when boarding their flights in Ezeiza, Argentinians competitors and part of the organization of Dakar finally arrived in Jeddah today in a charter flight from Prague without problems.

Among the participants are quad competitors Pablo Copetti (USA) and Santiago Hansen (ARG) from Team MX Devesa by Berta who are already in the hotel complying with the 48 hours of mandatory isolation prior to the start of the competition.

🎙️Pablo Copetti: “ It was an odyssey for my team to arrive to Saudi Arabia. Finally we are here. Now it’s time to rest and wait for the Covid test. I just want to start the race”

y2kbaja

Reaction
🇦🇷 Argentinian competitors arrived in Jeddah.

After so many problems that started when boarding their flights in Ezeiza, Argentinians competitors and part of the organization of Dakar finally arrived in Jeddah today in a charter flight from Prague without problems.

Among the participants are quad competitors Pablo Copetti (USA) and Santiago Hansen (ARG) from Team MX Devesa by Berta who are already in the hotel complying with the 48 hours of mandatory isolation prior to the start of the competition.

🎙️Pablo Copetti: “ It was an odyssey for my team to arrive to Saudi Arabia. Finally we are here. Now it’s time to rest and wait for the Covid test. I just want to start the race”
Thank you and keep them coming

ISRengine

Reaction
SRT Serradori team are getting the CR6 century racing buggy ready
After wining the AER 2018 , last year he was 8th
134368587_3065904680313051_4193204036453545456_o.jpg