The "Official" Dakar 2022 Thread

mrlentle

RDC Crypto

Ferrari333SP

RDC Crypto
1619047578770.png

MX304

RDC Crypto
And am I remembering correctly that Ricky said essentially that he is a free agent after '21? Or am I making that up? For some reason that sticks in the back of my head.
That's what I remember as well. Today Pablo Quintanilla announced he is leaving the factory Husky team. I wonder if Honda has decided to keep going and hired him to replace Benavides along side Ricky. Or maybe Ricky is being poached by Husky?

spalind

RDC Crypto
Website
www.nismostuff.blogspot.com
That's what I remember as well. Today Pablo Quintanilla announced he is leaving the factory Husky team. I wonder if Honda has decided to keep going and hired him to replace Benavides along side Ricky. Or maybe Ricky is being poached by Husky?

Well, the Husky seat is already filled...see the post in the primary desert racing section--Skyler Howes was brought on board by Husky in an overdue move for a major team to pick him up. As a former recent world champion, I'm sure Pablo won't be "unemployed" long.

MX304

RDC Crypto
Well, the Husky seat is already filled...see the post in the primary desert racing section--Skyler Howes was brought on board by Husky in an overdue move for a major team to pick him up. As a former recent world champion, I'm sure Pablo won't be "unemployed" long.
I just saw that. Stoked for Skyler, he deserves that ride for sure!

juanmoretime

RDC Crypto
my my look who's going electric!

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
Audi reveals new electric-powered Dakar challenger

How will Dakar address the potential power advantage? Currently power is controlled through intake restrictors. Seems that one could develop a sweet advatage using a hybrid system.

They say it's far more complex than their LMP1 car!! Is this the evolution of the quattro? I Imagine they have some pretty trick electric diff, brake, and maybe even suspension systems.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Audi reveals new electric-powered Dakar challenger

How will Dakar address the potential power advantage? Currently power is controlled through intake restrictors. Seems that one could develop a sweet advatage using a hybrid system.

They say it's far more complex than their LMP1 car!! Is this the evolution of the quattro? I Imagine they have some pretty trick electric diff, brake, and maybe even suspension systems.
No power advantage if the generator uses the same intake restrictors. It's just more efficient use of power by being able to run the engine at full throttle even when you don't need full power.

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
No power advantage if the generator uses the same intake restrictors. It's just more efficient use of power by being able to run the engine at full throttle even when you don't need full power.
You've gotta consider you can design/run the generator at optimal efficiency for the entire route vs a petrol car which will be running through the RPMs and not be demanding peak power at all times. While the petrol car is coasting or braking, the electric car is storing energy from the generator and brakes, thereby allowing it to produce higher peak HP(KW).

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
You've gotta consider you can design/run the generator at optimal efficiency for the entire route vs a petrol car which will be running through the RPMs and not be demanding peak power at all times. While the petrol car is coasting or braking, the electric car is storing energy from the generator and brakes, thereby allowing it to produce higher peak HP(KW).
Yes exactly! Isn't electric awesome?!!!

Same HP engine, yet better performance!! I bet it even uses less gasoline too!

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
I'd love to see one make it across the pond to a N. American Desert race.
Audi being Audi... we might see it at SEMA or the LA Auto Show. Assuming those shows come back considering the current global situation and fear.