The "Official" Dakar 2022 Thread

spalind

Reaction
Did Honda already commit for '22? I thought it was still up in the air.
And am I remembering correctly that Ricky said essentially that he is a free agent after '21? Or am I making that up? For some reason that sticks in the back of my head.

mrlentle

Reaction

Ferrari333SP

Reaction
1619047578770.png

MX304

Reaction
And am I remembering correctly that Ricky said essentially that he is a free agent after '21? Or am I making that up? For some reason that sticks in the back of my head.
That's what I remember as well. Today Pablo Quintanilla announced he is leaving the factory Husky team. I wonder if Honda has decided to keep going and hired him to replace Benavides along side Ricky. Or maybe Ricky is being poached by Husky?

spalind

Reaction
That's what I remember as well. Today Pablo Quintanilla announced he is leaving the factory Husky team. I wonder if Honda has decided to keep going and hired him to replace Benavides along side Ricky. Or maybe Ricky is being poached by Husky?

Well, the Husky seat is already filled...see the post in the primary desert racing section--Skyler Howes was brought on board by Husky in an overdue move for a major team to pick him up. As a former recent world champion, I'm sure Pablo won't be "unemployed" long.

MX304

Reaction
Well, the Husky seat is already filled...see the post in the primary desert racing section--Skyler Howes was brought on board by Husky in an overdue move for a major team to pick him up. As a former recent world champion, I'm sure Pablo won't be "unemployed" long.
I just saw that. Stoked for Skyler, he deserves that ride for sure!

spalind

Reaction
And the game of duck, duck, goose continues....Pablo Quintanilla was picked up by Honda...

Fourstroker

Reaction
Guessing this at least confirms Honda for next year