The OG "Never Forget"...

ACME

Reaction
To most Dec 7 is just another day. I recently read an article that 70% of the people under 35 don't realize the significance of today...

Nation marks 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor attack

Never forget as history has a way of repeating itself... Thank you to those that serve and raise your flag today in memory. I apologize that this thread is not desert racing related.

Last edited:

Lord Green

Reaction
I salute the remaining survivors of this attack and all of the other veterans of World War II and the "greatest generation".

Mark Newhan

Reaction
I recently watched a special on the History Channel, WWII in HD. The show went through the timeline from Pearl Harbor to VJ Day. The program also showed some of the footage and photos from some of the most horrific details of what America and our allies were up against. The graphic photos of the POW and Concentration Camp was enough to motivate the most peace loving individual to act.

We should educate our kids to what humans are capable of. I remember seeing this kind of documentation when I was young, If you haven't see the images, google them.

green787

Reaction
I recently watched a special on the History Channel, WWII in HD. The show went through the timeline from Pearl Harbor to VJ Day. The program also showed some of the footage and photos from some of the most horrific details of what America and our allies were up against. The graphic photos of the POW and Concentration Camp was enough to motivate the most peace loving individual to act.

We should educate our kids to what humans are capable of. I remember seeing this kind of documentation when I was young, If you haven't see the images, google them.
I watch NHK TV Japanese television.... We don't have to worry about them anymore....In fact they are among our strongest allies, and Prime Minister Abe will be visiting Pearl Harbor.....
But, given the history of the "Pearl Harbor Sneak Attack", why do we allow N. Korea to exist???

Dave Simpson

Reaction
Thanks for Posting. Here is a little known family story. My Grandfather was a lifer in the Navy. He was stationed in Pear Harbor when it got attacked. My father was 9 years old at the time - he and my Grandmother lived in Hawaii and watched the bombing. My Grandfather's ship was not docked in the harbor at the time and he survived. Today my Dad talks very little of the experience.

J Burleson

Reaction
There are few things that have sent chills down my spine. One was was working on my grandparents farm on a beautiful summer day and having the silence invaded by the unmistakable drone of a large group of p51s returning from an air show. The feeling I had was just a glimpse of what so many have felt when their worlds are turned upside down from war. One of the only other times I have felt this was touring Pearl Harbor in high school. Again it was just another beautiful Hawaiian day. I could only imagine that day being turned black with war in an instant. I hope will all my heart to never experience this darkness. And the deepest respect for the millions of soldiers and civilians who have died for noble causes.
A very interesting series on Netflix is Oliver Stones True US history. It goes into great details the behind the scenes of WWII and beyond.

ACME

Reaction
I watch NHK TV Japanese television.... We don't have to worry about them anymore....In fact they are among our strongest allies, and Prime Minister Abe will be visiting Pearl Harbor.....
But, given the history of the "Pearl Harbor Sneak Attack", why do we allow N. Korea to exist???
WE should worry about everyone, as no one has our best interests in mind other than ourselves... And the reason we allow "others" to exist is that we try to react moderately as opposed to being a proactive aggressor. Which is the difference between us and some other societies. We are also one of the few loyal countries in the world that doesn't really flip allies daily or core directions at a moments notice. It's what allows us to tolerate people like...

IMO the reason is because of people who have made this country great and made the ultimate sacrifice. We need to remember history and events like Pearl Harbor and not just swipe right to the next page which seems to be the new trend. The only reason the new generations can feel entitled, is because of the brave souls that served to allow us the liberties we have.

I just found it strange after reading that article that most don't seem to remember or recognize what today means to our country... Sorry for the soapbox: I don't visit purple, too many smart people there. Back to desert racing

Last edited:

johnnyweb

Reaction
RIP fine soldiers of Pearl Harbor. We have not forgotten you.

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
It was odd to see social media so quiet about this "ancient history" today.

Jessaca

Reaction
I toured the Pearl Harbor memorial a few years ago. It made me cry. It was very moving.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Broncodawg

Reaction
Lost an uncle to a kamikaze in Okinawa later in the war, and right now more than ever,
this country needs to remember Dec. 7