@#@#@@THE ORIGINAL OFF-ROAD EVENT is BACK! #@#@#@@

Lucho

Reaction
Yes, the original off-road event is back IN ALL ITS GLORY, and if you don't make it, you are ging to be sorry!

Date: AUGUST 8, 2009
Location: MOJAVE DESERT - AV RANCHO - Proctor & 138th Ave. START/FINISH/CAMPING/PITS
START TIME: 8 P.M. - YES AT NIGHT
Course Condition: FULL MOON - Totally marked so that a blind person could see it, with reflective tape, light sticks, fluorescent ribbons and arrows, mile markers every mile and a full moon.
COURSE RATING: TOUGH! Like it really used to be, challenging (no GPS, no Radio allowed), bare necessities to settle the arguments as to who are the "real" off-roaders!
PAYBACK: Major dollars if you are lucky to finish the event. Overall gets fifty (50%) percent of the purse; 2nd best gets 30% and 3rd best gets 20%, plus prizes.
WHERE TO FIND THE ENTRY: Go to these links and send the entry in right away: http://www.altavistaevents.com/09-HorSE-event1.jpg and this one: http://www.altavistaevents.com/09-Horse-ENTRY-event1.jpg Entry includes a BBQ dinner and one event T-shirt (Reg. $25.00). But you must enter at least 10 days before the event!
ENTRY LIMIT: First 200 get in with no problem.
OVER 200?: We don't know if we can feed everyone or if the city will allow it. They think this is crazy, but we told them that we have plenty of old-timers who can handle it! THE REAL OFF-ROADERS!

IF YOU DO JUST ONE OFF-ROAD EVENT THIS YEAR, DO THIS ONE FIRST, YOU'LL NEVER FORGET IT!!! IF YOU'VE ALREADY RACED THIS YEAR, THEN YOU'LL WANT TO DO THIS ONE--IT WILL COMPLETE YOUR MEMORY ALBUM!

Contact us for more details.

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Sounds great but unfortunately we are entered in the KC highlights event on the same day. We will be there next year though. This is one where my co-driver cannot screw me up. LOL

Lucho

Reaction
Sounds great but unfortunately we are entered in the KC highlights event on the same day. We will be there next year though. This is one where my co-driver cannot screw me up. LOL

Got it! Good luck at the KC event. Yes, we are going to have more of these, and also endurance races for them. WE did a few many years ago in Tecate, with a 125 miler and a 75 miler out of Rancho Santa Veronica. You'd be surprised how many off-roaders and their wives and girlfriends have horses. It should be fun.

Lucho

Reaction
Is this really a 'one horse power' event? If so why post on RDC?

Yes it is, and I post it in RDC because it is an "OFF-ROAD" event, and because it's been around longer than all of us have, and because it has one-horse power and because a lot of silly stuff gets into RDC, some really stupid, this is not stupid.

Lastly, because 63% of the people participating in off-road, either own or know someone who is into horses. How did I get the 63%? Check out the Pew Survey of 2005.
And to be sure, because I want people to be interested and come to our event. What's wrong with that?

Needless to say, someone in RDC doesn't think that it belongs there either, which is kind of a bummer, because that person seems to have negatives with us every time we post something. I would like to know who it is and tell him/her: "That's not cool." Oh, I can go on and on, but you asked.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Lou you are 100 % correct sir.as a matter of fact I talked to my sponsors today (Sweep Clean) and they are going to try and enter both of their horses.one a Friesen show horse and the other a thoroughbred.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Lou I also believe this should be in the desert thread but I`m getting no where with the mods.it appears if you`re not in the group of RDC friends they will move or lock or even delete your thread.maybe you can become an advertiser on here and get alittle more thread starting powers.:D

Offspring

Reaction
Lou I also believe this should be in the desert thread but I`m getting no where with the mods.it appears if you`re not in the group of RDC friends they will move or lock or even delete your thread.maybe you can become an advertiser on here and get alittle more thread starting powers.:D

Ha, Ha. I was waiting for weatherman's crappy 6.0L Ford post to get moved, it never did...:D

On edit, I didn't mean his post was crappy, I was talking about his crappy 6.0L! :D

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
so respect for Bob but not Lou?would being an advertiser help?

I am not the one who moved the thread like I already said. This is a horse race not a motorsports event so I think it fits well in the whatever section so I agree with the moderator who moved it. Is it really that big of a deal to make a huge thing over? Jesus christ people!

Lucho

Reaction
I am not the one who moved the thread like I already said. This is a horse race not a motorsports event so I think it fits well in the whatever section so I agree with the moderator who moved it. Is it really that big of a deal to make a huge thing over? Jesus christ people!

I think what some are saying (and me too), is that a lot of stuff gets in the "Desert General Discussion" thread which is, to be sure, the most popular of all the RDC threads. Yet, some of the topics stay there and grow to be incredibly boring and taking up space. For example, I like what was posted regarding the Trophy Lites and what was said after a couple of pages that followed. But after 800+ postings and countless of pages, you have to admit that "redundant" does not even come close to explain it.
Likewise I've seen other threads stay when they shouldn't have and others go or were moved where I think they could have remained in their original thread.
Now I don’t want to sound gregarious, big-headed, arrogant, boastful, self-centered and to be sure, I'm not bias but I think some of the “threads” I posted in the past are pure "gems" and should be saved for posterity!
(jajaja).

All seriousness aside, the moderators, whoever they are, should be fair to everyone. If you want it to be kept strictly to motorsports and racing, then get rid of at least 30% of the threads you have allowed in the past.

Since I'm on my soapbox, I might as well let you have it. I posted a number of LUCHO'S JOURNAL stories in the General Discussion thread, and they were abundantly read and really enjoyed by a lot of people. It told stories about Baja, racing, pre-running, many of the things most of us have experienced. It was well received and people were asking for more (check the hits that all of them had, please.) Then one day it was moved to the "Whatever...thread" and no one knew where it went or who had done it!
Unfortunately, where these stories were moved, (possibly that thread), three of four people were looking at them a day, whilst before (in the General Discussion…thread), it was averaging 100+ hits a day. What good did that do?

Wait, maybe it did some good. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut. I've been getting lots of calls asking when will LUCHO'S JOURNAL book will be out. (Mid-September, by the way). Yeah, maybe I should just shut up!

Listen moderators, you guys do a great job, this is a fun site and informative and has been managed, for the most part, very well. Just don't get so strict and serious, especially when you see people reacting positively to a subject matter. And if you move it, it would be nice to let people know where it went. That's all. Thank you!

I just stepped down from the crate and fell.

Help! Help! I can’t get up!

Lucho

Reaction
i guess i could sit here and argue with children. but i'll go watch some tv. how do i delete my accout??

Anyone who hides behind this "About Me":

Name
mike

I'm not sure I can take you too seriously.

For your information Mike, my name is Lou Peralta (LUCHO), I'm 67 years-old and the thing I got going for me besides great driving and racing skills; is that I'm a very good looking old man, a "hunk" by Baja standards (I can also sell you beach-front property just off Baker, CA), and have been a round the sport as a racer, promoter and making a living off it for over 35 years. Whilst sometimes I post silly things for pure enjoyment, they are all meant to also share experiences and maybe even educate. To be sure, there's nothing childish about my postings and differences of opinions I have sometimes.

By the way, you should be able to find some good TV viewing today. Let's see: "Real Housewives of Tijuana," "More to Love and How to Feed Her," "The Bachelorette and 20 Horny-Toades," "Two Is Company and Three is a Blast!" and "LOST in Laguna Chapala." It should keep you amused, interested and out of trouble all day, Mike.

5racer

Reaction
Anyone who hides behind this "About Me":

Name
mike

I'm not sure I can take you too seriously.

For your information Mike, my name is Lou Peralta (LUCHO), I'm 67 years-old and the thing I got going for me besides great driving and racing skills; is that I'm a very good looking old man, a "hunk" by Baja standards (I can also sell you beach-front property just off Baker, CA), and have been a round the sport as a racer, promoter and making a living off it for over 35 years. Whilst sometimes I post silly things for pure enjoyment, they are all meant to also share experiences and maybe even educate. To be sure, there's nothing childish about my postings and differences of opinions I have sometimes.

By the way, you should be able to find some good TV viewing today. Let's see: "Real Housewives of Tijuana," "More to Love and How to Feed Her," "The Bachelorette and 20 Horny-Toades," "Two Is Company and Three is a Blast!" and "LOST in Laguna Chapala." It should keep you amused, interested and out of trouble all day, Mike.

rotflmao housewives to funny