The other race this weekend II ??????

scott1450

Reaction
Just wondering what other photographers where out and snapping pics.

If they where can they list/advertise where the photos are goinig to be???

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction
Just wondering what other photographers where out and snapping pics.

If they where can they list/advertise where the photos are goinig to be???

We where also at the MORE race. Photos, Video and Story is being edited as we speak.

martein

Reaction
It seems like there were photog's everywhere and only one has posted pictures. It is always a scavenger hunt to find them. You would think they would get them posted and let people know where they were before the excitement of the race wore off and people lost interest.

SKM Built

Reaction
It seems like there were photog's everywhere and only one has posted pictures. It is always a scavenger hunt to find them. You would think they would get them posted and let people know where they were before the excitement of the race wore off and people lost interest.

You'd think. I was wondering the same thing.

coilover88

Reaction

The old MORE site had a list of photogs that were normally at races. Since photogs and media have to check in one would think a list of media present at any given race should be available. Perhaps a fire under Jim on the MORE site would get some results.

martein

Reaction
The same thing happens at all of the races (SNORE, BITD, SCORE etc.) I don't see why the photog's are not more aggressive in getting their pictures into the hands of potential customers. It must be an artist thing.

scott1450

Reaction
The same thing happens at all of the races (SNORE, BITD, SCORE etc.) I don't see why the photog's are not more aggressive in getting their pictures into the hands of potential customers. It must be an artist thing.

I know....
I had a couple of spots where a photographer was snapping with big airtime.... but dont know who they are????????????

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Website
www.offroadaction.com
Part of the problem for this race weekend is that BITD was the same day so most of the photographers were out there. I shot video at the MORE race and we had Justin out there shooting pics and he wrote the story.

RDC's story and photos - http://www.race-dezert.com/home/2013-more-toys-for-tots-200-70594.html

RDC's video - http://www.race-dezert.com/home/2013-more-holiday-200-race-highlights-video-67949.html

And yes those are both of the same race. I noticed in Justin's story that he was told they changed the race name to Toys for Tots 200 but I have the video as the Holiday 200 because everything about the race on their web site lists it that way. I guess either way we have it covered!

M_Solms

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
It's not as easy as it would seem to always get the word out on pictures.
Several years ago I was called by a race promoter and told I was not allowed to post on their forum because another photo company didn't like it so others may have gotten the same call.

One of the class specific web sites not only blocked all photographers except for one company but also went as far as to tell the racers they couldn't post a picture if it din't come from that specific company.

Unfortunately a photographer that got great shots at this MORE race posted some pictures here a couple years ago and was tared and feathered by the keyboard vigilantes because he used the wrong thread and he said sorry and hasn't posted here since.

martein

Reaction
Phil Kaos was one of the few I can remember that rolled through the pits and said "hey you guys looked good out there. I got some good shots. Here is my card if you want to take a look at them on my website. I will have them posted by tomorrow." We went to his site and bought some pics. It seams like he is always pushing to get his stuff out there on Facebook and anywhere else he can. Unfortunately he was at BITD last weekend but I don't see why this isn't more common