Total Loss

RDC Crypto
The shock load directions are similar front to rear.

TBH, There aren't really any "horizontal loads".
The shock is a "2-force member". Meaning it can only be loaded at 2 points, (the two rod ends) and usually in compression.

Compression between the two points can lead to buckling. (imagine squeezing a plastic straw from two ends, it wants to bend in the middle, this is called buckling)

That's why thicker shock shafts are required: to avoid buckling under load (vertical load since the load can only be transferred between the 2 points)
How is an a-arm load the same as a trailing arm load?
But as I said...an engineer could explain it better...the load angle changes during travel on an a arm much more than a trailing arm.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
found some easy to plug into info, i got it figured out, Polaris needs 1/8th inch thicker konuflur spanks, see, rDc Is educational👍

Attachments

• images (3).jpeg
    images (3).jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 0
  • images (1).png
    images (1).png
    7.2 KB · Views: 0
  • images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    5.6 KB · Views: 0
  • images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    7.1 KB · Views: 0
  • images (2).png
    images (2).png
    11.2 KB · Views: 0

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
mmmmotion rrratio, makes sense , so shock would have to be like an old yz monoshock?, dang near horizontal? to work?

Attachments

• images (4).jpeg
    images (4).jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 0

10 shot

RDC Crypto
What stock utv could of raced the 1000 and not broke a suspension part? Other than the speed utv .......lol ppl break axles daily and there not fixing that problem. There built as fun toys........golf carts not race cars. A purpose built and race engineered car is called a class 10 car that is why they cost 190k + to build a competitive car not 45k of plastic and questionable design that you have to start buying aftermarket parts for . welding and beefing up every corner , buying a fix for every bad design from the factory because its being used as not intended and pushing it past the design limit. Great for aftermarket companies and repair shops tho! 😁

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
But you could complete the course in the allotted time limit with a stock ride without breaking it. Just takes some sense that isn't so common any more.
Exactly what I was thinking...I could do it on my XX..average 30- 35. 36 hrs. Need a lot of fuel stops though with a stock tank...slow fuel stops...maybe eat a sandwich.

Zambo

RDC Crypto
What stock utv could of raced the 1000 and not broke a suspension part? Other than the speed utv .......lol ppl break axles daily and there not fixing that problem. There built as fun toys........golf carts not race cars. A purpose built and race engineered car is called a class 10 car that is why they cost 190k + to build a competitive car not 45k of plastic and questionable design that you have to start buying aftermarket parts for . welding and beefing up every corner , buying a fix for every bad design from the factory because its being used as not intended and pushing it past the design limit. Great for aftermarket companies and repair shops tho! 😁
Mike Cafro in Pro Stock UTV finished 4 hours ahead. They have to run stock arms and stuff like that.

Ampudia didn't race the 1000 but when they have raced SCORE races in Pro Stock they have finished right up there with the leaders of the open classes.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Mike Cafro in Pro Stock UTV finished 4 hours ahead. They have to run stock arms and stuff like that.

Ampudia didn't race the 1000 but when they have raced SCORE races in Pro Stock they have finished right up there with the leaders of the open classes.
Racing stock against stock is one thing racing a unlimited that is stock in the unlimited class is another.

fishd00d

What A Joke
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fishgistics.com
Take it for what its worth but I was told now that one problem was the shock shaft unthreaded one time from the clevis. Then the other failures was the actual spring cup at the bottom not the U mount. If thats true it was the lower spring cup I would maybe assume they had the secondays too low and it was coil binding the lower coil and the cast spring cup was the weak link at that point.

That is just my guess IF the information I was given about the failures was correct. I will try and confirm 100%.

Zambo

RDC Crypto
Racing stock against stock is one thing racing a unlimited that is stock in the unlimited class is another.
They’re racing the same track on the same day, aside front he pesky fact that they start farther back and therefore have an even tougher row to hoe.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
They’re racing the same track on the same day, aside front he pesky fact that they start farther back and therefore have an even tougher row to hoe.
Lol there racing there class as the other back markers break down. There not pushing to get a win for Polaris. We can all drive 1000 miles on the dirt. Some will have major problems. Some will very lucky enough to miss the big hits. Either way stock is not built for racing baja or the mint 400 . A stock part breaking because it is getting stressed past original design. Kinda like overloading your trailer past its intended load rating then driving it across country. Guess we will see what happens when the customer base starts to destroy everything and see what breaks first.