Advertising supports this site

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Serious question, do we know what it is being classified as?
Talking to the Polaris guy at the mint for a hour there calling it a utv. The new turbo r is the exact same frame now as the pro r except where the motor sits. This information was given to me from the Polaris rep. They sit super high like the bottom of the skid plt is knee high exactly. Lots of room inside but sitting next to a 2020 model they look like a monster truck!

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Nope not a 10 car unless it comes with a sealed ecotec 2.4 and it doesn't. Its sold as a utv and it is a belt driven utv. Just changing the motor doesn't make it anything else. The 10 car thing basically came from when ppl thought it had the ecotec from the slingshot in it. It is not a gm motor and is a pure Polaris motor. It does sound better than the 2cyl drone you hear from all the other models tho!

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
Nope not a 10 car unless it comes with a sealed ecotec 2.4 and it doesn't. Its sold as a utv and it is a belt driven utv. Just changing the motor doesn't make it anything else. The 10 car thing basically came from when ppl thought it had the ecotec from the slingshot in it. It is not a gm motor and is a pure Polaris motor. It does sound better than the 2cyl drone you hear from all the other models tho!
Class 10 has evolved over the years...times change.
Dateline ...Baja1000 2022...
Polaris dominates Class 10...lol

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto

Attachments

• EQpbsSJD.jpeg
    EQpbsSJD.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 0

EasyE

RDC Crypto
It was a joke.. lol

snivilous

RDC Crypto
I thought for the "Unlimited UTV" class that anything was allowed but it had to be a 1000cc or smaller engine, is that not true? It seems like the Pro R engine would define it as not being a UTV then, otherwise the Unlimited UTV class would be totally unrestricted now?

I know nothing of the rules, just what some guys who were racing told me.

fishd00d

What A Joke
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fishgistics.com
I thought for the "Unlimited UTV" class that anything was allowed but it had to be a 1000cc or smaller engine, is that not true? It seems like the Pro R engine would define it as not being a UTV then, otherwise the Unlimited UTV class would be totally unrestricted now?

I know nothing of the rules, just what some guys who were racing told me.
They created a new UTV class for this car and the canam version coming which will be bigger than 100cc also.....Pro Production Class

sand shark

RDC Crypto
Mitch Guthrie seemed to have much better luck with his debut race with the Pro R. No shock failures with his Walker Evan’s which had a nice beefy billet shock end.

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
What makes it not a UTV? Where is the line drawn? Serious question haha
The engine displacement is what does not make it a UTV per the current UTV laws as written. Same with the current UTV race series classes, except for the new Unlimited or Open class, where the series rules were recently changed to allow this vehicle. So yes Score & BITD are still classifying it as a UTV, but they are also being put in their own class and not in the traditional UTV classes where the primary rule is 1000cc’s.

Per the Polaris Rep, they will call this a UTV, but it’s really going to depend on what your state laws defines what a UTV is They admit it does not meet the current laws written in California, and several other states. Basically those states are going to have decide how to classify & register the Pro R’s. This was also mentioned on the Chupacraba /Coyne Motorsports Polaris Demo day video. Polaris rep said the same thing in the video. I asked a sales guy at Motoworld if they knew about registration, and they said they don’t know until they get one in stock to sell. He’s hoping it will be registered as a UTV, only because the DMV might not know the laws what it really is.

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
just sell it with a ' de tuned ' engine, running only on a 1000cc, then, you do an "upgrade "at home, all illegal of course....

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
I heard Honda is thinking about putting a Honda Goldwing Engine in the Talon. It’s a 1833cc DCT 6 cylinder. Come on Honda make it happen.

GageFamilyRacing

RDC Crypto
No classes were added to BITD actually one was removed. BITD took the open and unlimited classes and combined them into one class for 2022 but changed the rules. Now its limited to 1000cc forced induction and 2000cc NA