NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Agreed ! He keeps messing around and now can am will be the next one to build something better. He is screwing with big dogs that can punch out a new design very quickly as robby is still trying to figure out what he has and already spilled the beans. Why he didn't just do like Polaris did and and any other manufacturer and show some little spy clips to tease everyone then have the big reveal I think was a big mistake. As he is making it he is showing all the other manufacturers what he is up to. Kinda backwards. Less than 20% different design gets you past most patents. I feel like the speed car is a old model and it is not even out yet.
How is Robby messing around? Do you think he’s the only employee at Speed UTV? I can assure you the big dogs can’t punch out a new ground up design as fast as Robby has been able too. I know for a fact as the company I work for is a contract manufacture for a few of these recreation vehicle companies. They have so much red tape, and hoops to jump through. They have to budget their engineering dept just to do a redesign. Just getting that budget approved can take weeks to months.

As far as why Robby just did not keep this a secret like the others do, is he needed to show proof of concept, show sales and a valuation of the company to get the more Financial support that it takes to start a venture like this. This is not a few $million dollar project. And just know any and all patents are filed and in process before Robby is showing anything. He’s even made that point in his shows about not being able to show something until the patent process is complete. He has way more to gain by showing what he’s doing to the general buying public then trying to hide it from a few competing companies. I’m sure once Speed UTV is established and has the capital they will not be as forthcoming on future models.

Also you have to show more then just 20% of a design change to be clear of patent infringement. I’ll see if I can find it, but it’s a lot more then that.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
How is Robby messing around? Do you think he’s the only employee at Speed UTV? I can assure you the big dogs can’t punch out a new ground up design as fast as Robby has been able too. I know for a fact as the company I work for is a contract manufacture for a few of these recreation vehicle companies. They have so much red tape, and hoops to jump through. They have to budget their engineering dept just to do a redesign. Just getting that budget approved can take weeks to months.

As far as why Robby just did not keep this a secret like the others do, is he needed to show proof of concept, show sales and a valuation of the company to get the more Financial support that it takes to start a venture like this. This is not a few $million dollar project. And just know any and all patents are filed and in process before Robby is showing anything. He’s even made that point in his shows about not being able to show something until the patent process is complete. He has way more to gain by showing what he’s doing to the general buying public then trying to hide it from a few competing companies. I’m sure once Speed UTV is established and has the capital they will not be as forthcoming on future models.

Also you have to show more then just 20% of a design change to be clear of patent infringement. I’ll see if I can find it, but it’s a lot more then that.
Lol ok you should build one yourself. He originally was going to build 500 units. That would of been the best idea and should of stuck to that. Develop a motor that he has now and make sure its solid. Use the Yamaha motor for the 500 units to get it off the ground with his suspension design and chassis he is using. Do you honestly think there is going to be units in ppl hands by February or March?? Really??

Nwaunch

RDC Crypto
He runs Walker Evan Shocks (sponsored by them) and they are the same ones that come on the base Pro R.

I was able to check out the Pro R today. It is pretty nice. Very beefy and seems to be well thought out.
I was replying to the comment about Cafro and the stock UTV class. I wasn’t talking about Mitch’s Pro R

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
So I was able to see one in person today. Polaris came out to my local dealer. Tubing they used though out is big. 2” and 2 1/2” tubing up front by the dash and front. A-arms are heavy and beefy. 3 piece sway bar set up is nice.

No longer using a bolt together cage. It is more like a real cage.

New Dynamic suspension is pretty trick with all the adjustments it can do on the fly.

Motor sounds really nice. This car can fit 35” tires no problem.
Where did you see that? I heard Dealers put them all away for now.
Also...that lower shock fork looks weak still IMO...compared to everything else. Can't wait to see one at a huckfest.

sand shark

RDC Crypto
Who knows? But let’s not forget Robby sued Polaris for trademark infringement, using his name & likeness and he won in court. They had to pay a lot of money and royalties on product sold using his name & trademark. So Polaris & their legal team was not that smart then. Just because your big, does not meen your smart. If they were maybe they would not have as many recalls as they do each year! Robby’s known for having a very good legal team too. You can’t be serious about not getting in to litigation for a patent infringement because it’s going to cost money and time.

That was an easy lawsuit as they were using his name without permission. Polaris was not the billion dollar corporation back then. Patent litigation is a whole other ballgame and a very expensive one. I am very serious that he may not get into litigation due to cost and how time consuming it will be right now. He is trying to get Speed UTV going and spending potentially millions of dollars on patent litigation and getting involved in long protracted litigation might not be the prudent thing to do at this time. I believe the statute of limitation on patent lawsuits is 6 years. Does not mean in a year from now that he does not explore it.

Polaris people are not dumb. You don't become a billion dollar corporation being run by idiots. Ford, Chevy, Toyota, BMW and every other automaker has recalls every year.

All I know is Robby and his team better get going and get that Speed UTV to production by January.

sand shark

RDC Crypto
Where did you see that? I heard Dealers put them all away for now.
Also...that lower shock fork looks weak still IMO...compared to everything else. Can't wait to see one at a huckfest.
Polaris is taking them on a tour of different dealers. Dealers do not have any units for sale yet. I was at the dealer in Chatsworth, CA - Wheels in Motion. The had the one production Limited Edition, a 4 seater done up by Pro Armor and a 2 seater done up by Pro Armor, one Turbo R (replacement to the Turbo S) and the frame cut away.

The shock fork is actually a pretty beefy part when you see it in person. I am sure Fox and Walker will offer a billet replacement for the stock one or some aftermarket company will.

Zambo

RDC Crypto
I guess I'm still trying to wrap my head around why it was so important to attach the shock to the LCA. I guess the ability to run a longer shock and spring has merit, but most of that goes away when you have to run such a long shock body extension and clevis. The bottom of the spring looks to be above the UCA anyway.

Also, what is happening inside that trailing arm? It looks like there is a separate tube inside or something? Haven't really seen a close up pic much less seen one in person so maybe its otherwise obvious.

sand shark

RDC Crypto
I guess I'm still trying to wrap my head around why it was so important to attach the shock to the LCA. I guess the ability to run a longer shock and spring has merit, but most of that goes away when you have to run such a long shock body extension and clevis. The bottom of the spring looks to be above the UCA anyway.

Also, what is happening inside that trailing arm? It looks like there is a separate tube inside or something? Haven't really seen a close up pic much less seen one in person so maybe its otherwise obvious.

On the trailing arm the radius rod runs through it to the hub. It is a lot bigger set up when you see it in person. The trailing arm looks stout. Here are a few pictures I took.

Attachments

• t1.png
    t1.png
    511.3 KB · Views: 0
  • t2.png
    t2.png
    360.1 KB · Views: 0

Zambo

RDC Crypto
On the trailing arm the radius rod runs through it to the hub. It is a lot bigger set up when you see it in person. The trailing arm looks stout. Here are a few pictures I took.
Thanks but I still don't understand WTF I'm looking at.

Edit: does this track rod somehow connect to a steerable knuckle like the Can Am?

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
Yes it connects to the hub and helps keep the tire straight as it cycles through the suspension. I believe you can adjust the toe in or out.
Looks and sounds wierd...need to look at that...they don't have one at my local dealer yet.

havahockey

Flipper
RDC Crypto
Website
www.highrevphoto.com
Mitch Guthrie seemed to have much better luck with his debut race with the Pro R. No shock failures with his Walker Evan’s which had a nice beefy billet shock end.

Even though the part breaking on Matlocks car was a production part, the cause of it was aftermarket and didn't have anything to do with what comes stock on the Pro Rs.

sand shark

RDC Crypto
Even though the part breaking on Matlocks car was a production part, the cause of it was aftermarket and didn't have anything to do with what comes stock on the Pro Rs.

What aftermarket part caused the issue? When looking at the Pro R up close the shock fork looks pretty beefy.

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
What aftermarket part caused the issue? When looking at the Pro R up close the shock fork looks pretty beefy.
Part itself probably isn't breaking...the attachment point to the shock probably is...I would guess.
Maybe the Walker shocks are beefier at that connection than the Fox live valve.
No way to tell looking at it.
Heavy leverage point.
Someone here said we were all wrong but wouldn't spill the beans.

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto
Guessing that rod is like the toe link (center radius rod) on the canam. The RZR's only have 2 sets of radius rods