jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
is that so in hard cornering/ lean, the out side rear gains tow in, to keep rear from stepping out from a tow out gain situation?

fishd00d

What A Joke
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fishgistics.com
is that so in hard cornering/ lean, the out side rear gains tow in, to keep rear from stepping out from a tow out gain situation?
Ya basically throughout the travel there is no “bump steer” or camber change or at least minimal. When it’s all solid and bolted right to the trailing arm it gets scrub through the travel by design. This is the better way to go for sure.

Zambo

RDC Crypto
Yeah the toe link on the CanAm adjusts the toe angle as the suspension travels to minimize the adverse effects of track width change. If BRP does have a patent on the rear center link design, this is an interesting way to accomplish the same thing. Looking forward to seeing the guts of this machine up close.

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto
This NORRA Chenowth uses a similar concept

1638921599033.png

Jimmy8

RDC Crypto
Website
www.DownAndDirtyShow.com
He runs Walker Evan Shocks (sponsored by them) and they are the same ones that come on the base Pro R.
I have Guthrie's previous race car and trust me, they are not the "same ones" that come on the Pro R. Anytime you buy a race car and it comes with a shock agreement you know you have some magic in the cans. #HiddenInPlainSight

sand shark

RDC Crypto
I have Guthrie's previous race car and trust me, they are not the "same ones" that come on the Pro R. Anytime you buy a race car and it comes with a shock agreement you know you have some magic in the cans. #HiddenInPlainSight
I was merely referring to the shocks are Walker Evans Velocity. His have full adjustability and the magic in the can as you say.

tapeworm

RDC Crypto
Wayne Matlock raced his pre-runner Pro-R this past weekend and had no issues. Maybe his shock failure at the 1000 was a freak deal.
Hard to say. Completely different course than a SCORE race, also the competition level isn’t as high. Nothing against district 38, but people aren’t showing up spending $50,000 to race district 38 like the Baja 1000. That course also wasn’t raced on by vehicles with 40 inch tires and 400+ horsepower prior to the UTV’s running around.

Kind of like comparing a win at a DP4 race to BITD. It’s just not the same and doesn’t take the same amount of team effort.

Unfortunately not comparing apples to oranges here. Like sx and mx, they are completely different courses with different setups and challenges.

DG_BTI

RDC Crypto
guys, not sure if you have been listening, the shock failure at the 1K was self induced, they were running different springs and that caused the issue. He raced his prerunner this last weekend, stock shocks and springs, no issues. Simple. And before you start asking how the aftermarket springs could cause shocks to break, just think about it a little.

sand shark

RDC Crypto
Hard to say. Completely different course than a SCORE race, also the competition level isn’t as high. Nothing against district 38, but people aren’t showing up spending $50,000 to race district 38 like the Baja 1000. That course also wasn’t raced on by vehicles with 40 inch tires and 400+ horsepower prior to the UTV’s running around.

Kind of like comparing a win at a DP4 race to BITD. It’s just not the same and doesn’t take the same amount of team effort.

Unfortunately not comparing apples to oranges here. Like sx and mx, they are completely different courses with different setups and challenges.
I understand it is a different race environment compared to Baja. Point is the shocks survived as they survived him pre-running in Baja with the same car. That should be encouraging. We shall see how the front shocks hold up in January when the public starts getting them.

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
He was running Fox in the AMA race.
Oh yeah...just noticed the can..
I am wondering how the DOT is going to look at these cars...usually I think you need to have less than 100 for a special constructors tag. Over they get categorized? I could be wrong but that was always my impression.
UTV was always considered under 1000 CCs.

Could be the holdup on sales?
Hope states don't stick an "closed course only" tag on these.