• Forum membership has its advantages....

the question has to be asked

randy s

is robby gordon's truck fast enough anymore?..it's quick in qualifying but is it fast enough for the long run?..there's more to having the most badass sounding truck out there and being quick in qualifying mode..seems like guys are catching him easier these days and he's not catching them back..is his truck clapped out like the riviera truck is now and how would he fare in a new geiser four wheel drive or jimco with a dougan's or kroyer engine program?....

John Bitting

Administrator
Thats a good question, only RG knows the answer to that. It doesnt seem to hold up to the long run anymore, maybe a new front engine truck is what he needs to build. Sometimes the best of drivers and equipment have horrible luck, BJ is the same way the last 2.5 years. Tons of prep and testing and unlucky breaks. We need one race with everyone on their A game.

Ben77

He was doing great at last years 500, but then the spectator ran in-front of him and he turned back. I'm going to guess its luck.

randy s

Thats a good question, only RG knows the answer to that. It doesnt seem to hold up to the long run anymore, maybe a new front engine truck is what he needs to build. Sometimes the best of drivers and equipment have horrible luck, BJ is the same way the last 2.5 years. Tons of prep and testing and unlucky breaks. We need one race with everyone on their A game.
that might be another good question..when has rg ever been completely honest with himself regarding decision making?

randy s

BTW..he's always been my favorite racer and i'm not here to slam the guy...i hope it's a deal that can be figured out and he comes back as strong as ever..desert racing is more fun when rg is on his game..

Riverguy553

I don't want to sound like a dick but who is prepping it? We all know RG can wheel a truck, and his truck is beyond capable of winning, so in my opinion it's the person's prepping it.

buckwild

Just a few years ago RG drove the RPM Geiser truggy at Parker and dominated and won the race. It might be time for a new TT

sb4pro

I think it's a little bit of both . Robby needs some better luck and maybe not a whole new truck but more of an updated one .

crazyeye

truck is outdated and needs a new one.

TJ_Gambino

Herbst Motorsports + 50 days = 4th place

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Perhaps he is stretching his team too thin. Between Dakar, SST, Off road, and even SPEED, perhaps he's not as invested in off road as he was when he was winning more frequently.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Current truck was built in 2003. He used to have a new truck every 4 or 5 years. Surprised he's kept this one so long.

That being said, what makes a tube frame chassis old or new? Isn't it a brand new truck every time it's stripped down and rebuilt? The only "old" thing on the truck is the geometry of the tubes, and those can be cut off and re-welded as needed right? Mid engine design could be considered old, so a new front engine design would be a new car.

GOINRACIN

I don't want to sound like a dick but who is prepping it? We all know RG can wheel a truck, and his truck is beyond capable of winning, so in my opinion it's the person's prepping it.

You pretty much are sounding like one!!