The Real Class 6.....Cars!

offroadaction

Reaction
Website
www.ooraonline.com
I will be writing a few articles on off road racing cars in the next few months. My goal is to have one in depth article a month about them on my website. The first one will be on the AMC Ramblers, which I am researching now.

If you have any photos or stories about the Class 6 cars, feel free to post up!

Attachments

• rally.jpg
    rally.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 6,428
  • scramblerair4wd-1.jpg
    scramblerair4wd-1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,877
  • scramblerair4wd-4.jpg
    scramblerair4wd-4.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 2,195
  • rambler-vi.jpg
    rambler-vi.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,726
  • AMCSCRAMBLERBAJA-vi.jpg
    AMCSCRAMBLERBAJA-vi.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,732
  • 41093-500-0.jpg
    41093-500-0.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,606
  • 41092-500-0.jpg
    41092-500-0.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2,123

desert hooligan

Reaction
it would be really cool if there was a V6 buggy class for those people who think
class 1'a have too much power and class 10's have not enough power, like a transition class

(at least i think that would be cool)

offroadaction

Reaction
Website
www.ooraonline.com
200: Thanks, I appreciate any help I can get!

PLS: PM to Jim already sent! :)

Nelson & Rick: The website is www.offroadaction.ca It covers all aspects of vintage 4x4's. A lot of times I will do a quick blurb about a link I found but I am trying to write more complete articles. I have some photos of the Novas, Coats Camaro, Spy Ranchero, Shwaffor (sp?) Chevy's, the Saab, the pacer, etc. What I would eventually like to do is have a seperate article with photos and information about each one. That is where the incredible amount of knowledge that the RDC membership has comes into play...

Here are a few more photos. Some are from the other old photos thread...sorry for any repeats from there.

amc-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2.jpg

spy.jpg

Chris20Robinson.jpg

finished.jpg

ford-edsel.jpg

CarlssonmanBajaCarlifornia1970.jpg

BAJAOLDSsmal.jpg

offroadaction

Reaction
Website
www.ooraonline.com
Here is a good question for you. Rod Hall raced Class 6 once...what race, what car, and how did he finish?

Also, have a close look at the Saab photos. They ran the exhaust up above the passengers side door. This was apparently because of ground clearance issues.

Bajascram1-vi.jpg

2008-09-12-1550-29_redigerad-1.jpg

HRE69802D-2.jpg

cvftr2.jpg

stone-vi.jpg

55chevy2-1.jpg

4.jpg

saabbaja1969db2.jpg

saab.jpg

r-2.jpg

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Website
www.youtube.com
I will post some of my old pics tomorrow, I have tons that are on 35mm slides and have no idea how to get those to digital.

Some of the newer printer/scanners come with a template that allows you to scan slides. If not you can take them to like Wal-Mart or Walgreens, they can usually scan and print and/or copy them to a CD.

nelson979

Reaction
about a yr ago or so my brother talked to jessie newton and the people that owned the snortin nortin car back east somewhere were looking to sell it. some thing like 5k. i was seriously thinking about buying it just to have but i had just bought another buggy and i dont think my wife would have liked that too much

trmkars

Reaction
Website
www.hubgarage.com
Looking forward to reading about all of the Class 6 cars! Drop me a message if you think I can help with anything. :)

Here are more pictures of the Jodan Brother's Class 6 El Camino.

picture.php

JB004.jpg

Thanks to a longtime family friend for posting these in the
CatchYourEye Motorsports Garage.

I also have more pictures on my HubGarage page.

We also ran the Class 6 Datsun 710... I still need to locate some pictures of it.

Slippery P

Reaction
This is the class 6 I remember as a kid, my dad was always doing battle with that swiss dairy camaro man that thing could haul the mail.

offroadaction

Reaction
Website
www.ooraonline.com
I do not think it is McQueen. Erik Carlsson (on the right) was a world famous SAAB factory rally driver from Sweden. They raced the Saab in 69 & 70, placing 3rd and 5th respectivly. I am not sure what year this photo is from. He won or placed in the top 3 at pretty much every major rally in Europe & Africa in the 50's & 60's.

TRMKARS, thanks for the photos! I was hoping that you would see this post. You can bet that I will contact you for some more information!

6.jpg

bre2_Mexican_1000__Image002.jpg

bre2_1968_Mexican_1000_Imag.jpg

BRE2_240z_Off_Road_article_.jpg

rambler.jpg

57-1.jpg

edselcrop.jpg

jordan.jpg

jordan1.jpg

jordan2.jpg