Old School 6-7-8

RDC Crypto
1990 Ford Mustang-4.jpg
1990 ford mustang class 6 race car-2.jpg

I owned a class 6 style off-road race car for a while....a 1990 Ford Mustang,

Old School 6-7-8

RDC Crypto
Class 6 AMC Gremlin-1.jpg

I looked through my Riverside photos from the late 70's early 80's and found this one, it looks like the Gremlin. Sorry about the photo quality, Vivitar pocket camera with 110 cartridge film....old school, lol.

This car used to be a Gremlin? No wonder it has a weird vin#. Did it race as a Gremlin too?

hey guys anybody have pictures of the gremlin that john and suly prichard raced. i did a couple of miles behind the wheel and co-drove in it.the pictures of the pacers are good also, did transmission up grades in them from the 904 to the 727 after they broke at carlsbad,also drove one back to us after they crashed it somewhere off diablo or the zoo road and both drivers where injured in the baja 1000 forget what year

Attachments

• IMG_1863.JPG
    IMG_1863.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 422

oldschool5er

RDC Crypto
dave5.jpg dave6.jpg dave7.jpg dave8.jpg dave2.jpg View attachment 152338
dave2.jpg
View attachment 152338 View attachment 152338

Dave Beverly won class6 Baja 500 1974 and 1975. VW raced class 6 with the likes of the Poffs, Rod Koch, and others in the seventy's. Dave Beverly, Hank Roed and our team went on to class 11, class 5/1600 and class 5. I guess not now considered true class 6 but we were considered it back then.

Attachments

• dave9.jpg
    dave9.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:

wbtsracer

RDC Crypto
View attachment 152337
I looked through my Riverside photos from the late 70's early 80's and found this one, it looks like the Gremlin. Sorry about the photo quality, Vivitar pocket camera with 110 cartridge film....old school, lol.
Take a look on trackside photo 1978 Bajainternational, Sedans page 2 Car 616. I think the last race we did in the Gremlin was the 79 or 80 Parker 400. The front A arms kept breaking in osborne wash. It was a long cold nite. We finish on a trailer heading back to Parker.

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
Reading this thread has made me want to build a "Rally Fighter" old school Class 6 car to drive around on the street and have a little fun with on the ranch. The back roads and ranches in Texas have lots of rust free cars that can be purchased for next to nothing. Maybe someday.

200MPHTape

RDC Crypto
You need to contact jimpat here on RDC, he'll be able to tell you anything you need to know.

EDIT: You need to start a new thread, all would love to see(pics or it didn't happen) and follow the rebuild.

dsmith13

RDC Crypto
I'm glad to see it went to a good home, I was looking to pick it up and restore it myself! Definitely post up the process for all of us, should be an awesome build!

dezcofab

RDC Crypto
image.jpg
I'll post some pics soon, and start a thread of the probably lengthy restoration process. I'm not sure if restoration is the correct term as the body on the car is hammered! I plan to fix it up a bit, make it street legal and use it while looking for a fresher 4 door body. The car looks burly even in black primer , it got a lot of looks and even a full on thumbs up from a woman driving a Chevy Avalanche on the trip home!

Old School 6-7-8

RDC Crypto
IMG_2627 resized edit-1.jpg
IMG_2628 resized edit-2.jpg

It may end up being green bed liner as the body is ROUGH and rusty !

dezcofab, here are two photos I took of the '55 wagon prerunner at Riverside Raceway. In the earlier photo, it was yellow with brown & red graphics and still had the stock front bumper and smaller tires. In the later photo, it was Kermit green with the race bumper and bigger tires.

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
For those that don't know, this was based on the first Class 6 Schwacofer had that was deemed illegal after a season or 2 based on the 3/4 ton front clip put on the car chassis from a suburban, if I remember right. Hence the change to a wagon for prerunning and chasing and the second car was built. Remember when it was for sale in east Hemet decades ago. Man, missed opportunities! Cool buy senor, good luck with the rebuild.