The Real Class 6.....Cars!

class 8 ford

RDC Crypto
243.JPG
here's my 1978 Chevrolet caprice # 603 that I raced from 1986-1988 in Wisconsin and Michigan at Crandon, Bark river, Antigo, Chilton, Depere in the soda series

dezcofab

RDC Crypto
View attachment 152938View attachment 152939

dezcofab, here are two photos I took of the '55 wagon prerunner at Riverside Raceway. In the earlier photo, it was yellow with brown & red graphics and still had the stock front bumper and smaller tires. In the later photo, it was Kermit green with the race bumper and bigger tires.
Thank you Old School 6-7-8 ! Great photos, I'll put prints on the shop wall for motivation!

dezcofab

RDC Crypto
View attachment 152938View attachment 152939

dezcofab, here are two photos I took of the '55 wagon prerunner at Riverside Raceway. In the earlier photo, it was yellow with brown & red graphics and still had the stock front bumper and smaller tires. In the later photo, it was Kermit green with the race bumper and bigger tires.
Thanks Old School 6-7-8, great photos! I 'll put them on the shop wall for motivation!

dezcofab

RDC Crypto
For those that don't know, this was based on the first Class 6 Schwacofer had that was deemed illegal after a season or 2 based on the 3/4 ton front clip put on the car chassis from a suburban, if I remember right. Hence the change to a wagon for prerunning and chasing and the second car was built. Remember when it was for sale in east Hemet decades ago. Man, missed opportunities! Cool buy senor, good luck with the rebuild.
Bro_gill, I learned this from a 1985 interview with Larry in On Dirt Motorsports magazine titled The55 Chevy King-Schwacofer. Thanks!

Jim Phillips

RDC Crypto
for those who dont know the Pacer has its own facebook page "the Pacer"
hoping to find some more pictures to post, check it out!!!

Retro Francis

RDC Crypto
from what i remember the 55 was white ,orange, green and red

the 57 was red, black and blue
I welded the 57' 1/4 panels on the 55' at Randy Davidson's shop in Hemet. Larry brought out a nice 57' 4 door for me to cut up and weld onto the 55'. Since it was a 4 door I had to cut the 55 behind the B pillar.

Rick 1634

RDC Crypto
Ran across this old photo today, brought back some memories.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 679

jimpat

RDC Crypto
Website
reocities.com
I still have the dash with all the race metal stickers, the front fenders and the hood from the class 6 Rambler we ran, I think Mike Ward has the body and frame. We cut it up when we started building the Blazer for the that class, by the time we finished it the class was no longer so we had to run class 8