The real story

Leantree

RDC Crypto
What does it say about a guy that betrays the trust of his peers and goes public with information that was supposed to be confidential among his peers? Regardless of the content of his post, the fact that he made the post at all speaks to its validity. Go figure...

D4D

RDC Crypto
Screw it. I have thought about it and I want to do this in public Ross. Lets go back to what you said.

I have said that if the ORGP gets everything together, that includes getting the CORR name, the Chula Vista track and network TV then it would be the best series out there but that is not happening so I did NOT admit that ORGP is better then the Lucas series.

The sponsor group did not offer it's support to Ricky, it offered it's support to everyone as a whole if they (CORR, Lucas Oil series and ORGP) all came together as one. Each of the series were told and offered the same thing.

we were behind CORR for the last 2 seasons, this past winter I talked to all the series, I was never on board with anyone, you make it sound like I was backing WSORR, that was never the case. I did announce in December that we were backing CORR and I have addressed it here before I made a mistake doing so. Once that mistake was apparent I talked with Ricky, Tony and WSORR again to make the choice that made sense for our company.

And I like Ricky, we are still talking but Ross you as well as everyone else knows that ricky was a driving force in PDG, he has stepped away but he was part of it as it got going and as they started to give the ORGP their support. I don't think RJ did it to be a jerk or had any malicious intentions, things happened fast but the PDG is not biased.

Ross the announcement that Bully Dog was supporting the Lucas series went out 3 weeks ago, and a Bully Dog release went out 11 days ago. I assume everyone here knows where I have put my support. I am not trying to fool anyone.

Your little bird in the parking lot was right Ross, Ricky and I had to speak about business. What did your little birdie tell you Ross since you are so connected that you have spys. did they tell you that I appoligized to RJ for the lack of communication? Did you hear about me being in the hospital for almost a week? due to amount of stress I have that killed my diabetes. How abougt the conversation we had about a seperate business deal or my interest in still maybe doing some marketing with the ORGP?
Shocked Ross? While I am 100% behind Tony Vanillo and his crew I still have a job to do, I am one of the few sponsors out there with a larger 2009 budget then I had in 2008. With the Lucas series being based in the west I am still interested in what options are out in the mid-west on a per race basis.

Hey Ross maybe you should have had that spy last year when I sat down with you in Primm and warned you that your business partner would screw you. At that time you and I barely knew one another but I tried to help you.

And was who said these meeting were confidential 75% of the entire race community knows everything I have said here already. I have not shared any of the confidential stuff here.

Last edited:

Tater

RDC Crypto
The CORR name to me isn't worth the paper those four letters are written on. Many people also share my same opinion. Get a grip, CORR is done!

MNotary

RDC Crypto
It just gets easier and easier....

Really,... even more support... Never thought I would agree with Ross...

Tater, don't count out someone that still has half of southern Cal. to sell......

Hey 5, not a good reason to not race...

sethc

RDC Crypto
Screw it. I have thought about it and I want to do this in public Ross. Lets go back to what you said.

I have said that if the ORGP gets everything together, that includes getting the CORR name, the Chula Vista track and network TV then it would be the best series out there but that is not happening so I did NOT admit that ORGP is better then the Lucas series.

The sponsor group did not offer it's support to Ricky, it offered it's support to everyone as a whole if they (CORR, Lucas Oil series and ORGP) all came together as one. Each of the series were told and offered the same thing.

we were behind CORR for the last 2 seasons, this past winter I talked to all the series, I was never on board with anyone, you make it sound like I was backing WSORR, that was never the case. I did announce in December that we were backing CORR and I have addressed it here before I made a mistake doing so. Once that mistake was apparent I talked with Ricky, Tony and WSORR again to make the choice that made sense for our company.

And I like Ricky, we are still talking but Ross you as well as everyone else knows that ricky was a driving force in PDG, he has stepped away but he was part of it as it got going and as they started to give the ORGP their support. I don't think RJ did it to be a jerk or had any malicious intentions, things happened fast but the PDG is not biased.

Ross the announcement that Bully Dog was supporting the Lucas series went out 3 weeks ago, and a Bully Dog release went out 11 days ago. I assume everyone here knows where I have put my support. I am not trying to fool anyone.

Your little bird in the parking lot was right Ross, Ricky and I had to speak about business. What did your little birdie tell you Ross since you are so connected that you have spys. did they tell you that I appoligized to RJ for the lack of communication? Did you hear about me being in the hospital for almost a week? due to amount of stress I have that killed my diabetes. How abougt the conversation we had about a seperate business deal or my interest in still maybe doing some marketing with the ORGP?
Shocked Ross? While I am 100% behind Tony Vanillo and his crew I still have a job to do, I am one of the few sponsors out there with a larger 2009 budget then I had in 2008. With the Lucas series being based in the west I am still interested in what options are out in the mid-west on a per race basis.

Hey Ross maybe you should have had that spy last year when I sat down with you in Primm and warned you that your business partner would screw you. At that time you and I barely knew one another but I tried to help you.

And was who said these meeting were confidential 75% of the entire race community knows everything I have said here already. I have not shared any of the confidential stuff here.

I know I am an outsider and all but how much more straight up can you be. Well said APEX.

drtracr

RDC Crypto
I would llike to offer my expertise to this whole situation. I believ a cooler head could get all three deals together and work out details that would benifit all involved. I know the Lucas people very well, I am a businessman and can make this happen. Anyone want to talk, I am ready to make this happen and stop the fighting and crap. It is time to race, put all the egos aways and lets do it.
Jimmy Martin
drtracr@aol.com

Ziggy

RDC Crypto
I would llike to offer my expertise to this whole situation. I believ a cooler head could get all three deals together and work out details that would benifit all involved. I know the Lucas people very well, I am a businessman and can make this happen. Anyone want to talk, I am ready to make this happen and stop the fighting and crap. It is time to race, put all the egos aways and lets do it.
Jimmy Martin
drtracr@aol.com

I agree.
Everyone wants to blame someone(American way).
Having a national series at several venues with one governing body(like nascar) looks like the only viable solution.Splinter groups are never going to get'er done.They will fade away like they always do and obviously a dictatorship wont work either.There-in lies the answer.
One governing body comprised of racers,sponsors,administrators,and a board with an even balance and a common goal.
Lets promote some UNITY and less pointing the finger and squabbling.

Ross,give it a rest.We all know you got screwed but its not all about you.;);)

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
no racers= no series, simple as that....its ok with us if you switch series again mike....we will not BLAME you for making mistakes over and over and over again........group hug for mike.....we need your money (if you really have any)...........

woundedyak

Mammals fear me
RDC Crypto
What happen to Mickey Thompson and the good O'L days? Everyone merge and get it under one body! Half the season outdoor,half the season indoor. I bet that will bring in a few more bucks.....It worked for Monster trucks!

sickrick

RDC Crypto
Jimmy Martin
drtracr@aol.com

Jimmy Martin,

I have listened to your posts about how you could fix offroad racing for almost 2 years now and have seen you do nothing.

I am glad you keep offering your expertise, but what I really want to know is if you have these secret "business ninja" like abilities why don't you do something.

Are you waiting to be be asked to help? If so I will ask; Jimmy, If you can actually do anything to help please feel free to do so ASAP.

And if you could spare the time, please get that Middle East thing sorted out also.

Jimmy, I have met you and you seem like an OK guy and I don't mean to bust your balls but its time to do something if you really can.

hoeker

RDC Crypto
Website
www.rosshoek.com
jimmy, rick is right and i will add that i've heard it many times from the PDG that if anyone has time available they are welcome to come out and help. i recommend you hop on a plane to sandiego, i'll give you the guys numbers if you need them.

drtracr

RDC Crypto
Rick, let me explain my actions. I post on here and on Ross's site hoping to inspire the people that are in charge to think about this crap, and think if a guy from Alabama thinks he can help, why can't we? I can help greatly if Jim, Ricky, Tony and the PDG would talk to me or better yet talk to each other without the egos. I am not offering a miracle just common sense in the fact that anything can be worked out if it is done in a business manor. All I am offering is guys talk to each other or to me or anyone that can be the go-between if that is what it takes.
Rick you get them to listen to reason whetether it is from me or anyone else and this deal could be huge, big enough for all involved. I have been involved in motorsports my entire lift and seen egos kill many a good thing, got to get past that part.
Off raod racing is the best kept secret in racing, has the most potentail and has been mismanaged for years by the people that make the decisions.
I have never seen a drivers association work, when it comes down to racing or boycotting, they won't stick together when the sponsors are wanting to see results. I hope I am wrong on this one, there is a need here for it.
I am a guy that kloves racing, loves off road racing and have very little time left to enjoy it and don't have time to waste while people feud. I am suffering from Macular Degineration and I am going blind, don't know how much longer I have. I want to see my son race an off road truck. My son is a cancer survivor and he deserves me to do all I can to help him, so if I come across as bold and brazen, it is becuase this frustrates me to no end.

sickrick

RDC Crypto
Jimmy,
In your last post you say that all they need to do is sit down and talk to each other and it will all work out. They have all ready done this, things didn't work out.

I also don't understand why you would say the drivers association has no chance of success but the 3 owners of the series can!

I believe the PDG is needed and is helping not hurting the process.

drtracr

RDC Crypto
Rick, didn't mean the drivers group will not work, just haven't seen it work in the past. I too believe there is a need for it in this case and I hope it does work. As far as the sit down with them, as I have said they have to leave the egos as home and talk as business owners looking at a merger or whatever, but leave the "I am the king" at home and everyone needs to go by my decisions.
JM