The River!!!

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Well it is getting hot and the time for the desert is slowly winding down, except for the races, and memorial day weekend is coming up. I know some of us around here go to the river, I am not prejuduice to which river, wither it be laughlin, havasu, mojave, etc. Any one got plans to go to the river that week, or near by weeks?

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."

shrek

Reaction
It is all about partying in the Parker Keys and the Parker Sandbar for Memorial Day. I can't wait to get the boat in the water!!!!!!!!

Value your right to say whatever you want...........because there are some that can't.

shrek

Reaction
I have no idea where lost lake is???

How do you find it??? haha

Value your right to say whatever you want...........because there are some that can't.

martininsocal

Reaction
Isn't lost lake down near Blythe? There is a campground called that near there.

If your gonna go, go BIG

jarreptolson

Reaction
I have a place in blythe, and i can only remember a place called hidden beaches, i think its north of the freeway. The sand bars going north can get really bad, i have a place south of the freeway where they seem to be more predictable. Also iF you go to the flying j gas station right after bylthe there is a little dune area that is fun to take bikes out behind the station. I was out there 3 weeks ago and gas at the flying j was 1.70 while in blythe (2min away) it was 2.20. If anyone else goes to blythe PM me we should meet up and do some bare foot skiing or whatever.

Mike_McCluskey

Reaction
Lost Lake is north of Blythe. It's not too bad up there. The sand bars can get real bad if the river is running on the low side. I'll stick to McIntyre Park in Blythe.

elcaprerunner

Reaction
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LAKE!!!!!! Havasu Springs is where it's at, people get insane in golf carts there, there is usually a few golf cart roll-overs in that park alone during the summer. That is where I'll be for Memorial Day. Our friend just got a 34ft Magic with twin Whipple-Charged Chevy motors that put out 1500hp together. Should be fun.

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts

motoxscott

Reaction
The dezertrangers crew hang out at Havasu Landing. It's on the CA side across from Havasu.

Man do we have a few golf kart stories of our own. We're up their every major holiday and any chance we can get.

-Scott

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
My family and I just got back from our first trip of the year (six days!!!). We left the Sunday before Easter (4/13) and returned this last Saturday (4/19). Our spot of choice is Parker, AZ which is just below Lake Havasu, although we do frequent Havasu, Needles, Laughlin, and Lake Mojave. It was a little breezy but we had some great days for wakeboarding and floating in the sun.

Last Thursday night about midnight, we were all asleep and some loud asses pulled into the camp next too us. They were hammering in their astroturf, talking loud, dogs barking, and just plan pissing everyone off. The next day we ended up talking with them and the dad gave my wife a little "McGrath #1" teddy bear for my daughter. My wife says "cute, McGrath....like the supercross king McGrath?" And the dad says "yeah, he's my son". So my wife says "SHUT UP" and he says "okay, whatever". Turns out, McGraths whole family (besides him) camps their every year during spring break. Pretty funny that we were all pissed off the night before about how loud they were and ended up partying with them the next day/night after we found out who they were related to.

Next trip is the weekend before Memorial (River Lodge - Parker) then Mojave Valley on Memorial (North of Needles).

martininsocal

Reaction
Careful Waldo! It is a crime to be pissed at loud noises after 10pm here! (joking)

If your gonna go, go BIG

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Ya Martin, I'm sounding pretty old huh? And I'm only 31.

Also, Macintire Park is a blast...haven't been there since my more rowdy days. Is that big, I mean BIG, security gaurd still there?

Mike_McCluskey

Reaction
My parental units have had a trailer there for almost 25 years. I think it's in the second row on the left as you drive in. I don't remember which space # it is since they moved to that spot. I think we will be getting another trailer and try to get 2 spots side by side if we can.
Waldo- No, "Big Bob" is no longer there. When the mega resort folks bought it they let everyone go. We saw him in Indio last year and he's doing just great. Lost tons of weight too, you wouldn't recognize him.
Anybody go to La Casita for dinner when your out there? Nothing better then good Mex food and it beats cooking over a hot flame!
We'll be heading out to check the trailer soon as it warms up a bit. Just fired up the boat last weekend!

jarreptolson

Reaction
Big BOB!! Man that guy really made the park. My trailer should be right where yours is spot 27D. We have an white/green Advantage open bow. Caddy Corner to Jeff. Nothing beats "Steaks and Cakes" for breakfast after an early morning run. Then head over to the Horney Toad for some late night beers and pool. "Conserve Water, Drink Beer @ The Horney Toad Saloon" Let me know when you go out there next time, i might be heading out this weekend if i can get off work.

martininsocal

Reaction
The Horny Toad? Get real!!! The Bowling Alley is THE party spot in Blythe. I have to teach rescue classes out there on the River, so I try to stay dialed in to the places to be. Just watch the local tough guys at the Pool Place. They think that 2 on 1 in the bathroom is a good time!

If your gonna go, go BIG

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
Blythe funny.I was raised up river.I still go to Twin Palms.I learned how to drive on powerline roads and ditch banks.Chasing rabbits.I worked at Mc Intyre when i was 13 for the county.best job i ever had.We are going to Twin Palms for week in July.Taking the jeep and the bug.Do they still hang out in the shopping center parking lots.Thanks Dennis

Race junky

jarreptolson

Reaction
I totally forgot about the bowling alley/dance club, lol. The locals in the Horney toad are all pretty chill except for a couple of drunk farmers. I works as a bouncer at a bar in santa barbara so i am used to a rough crowd, last night a guy (fairly big 6'5" about 250) punched a guy in the face for being french! Of course i was the only one working security and had to boot this guy out, that was interesting. Then i had to take care of this french dude who was bleeding pretty bad. Ambulances, Fire Department, and the Police came because the guy wanted to press charges. This was on a wednesday night...the weekends just get better.