The State Of Offroad Racing

ChupacabraOR

Reaction
I think Lite Brite is a great example of what is possible, I heard a hefty number they received to go race KOH. Their production isn't fancy (not to knock, and the "rougher" shaky camera content is doing best right now) so the "high production cost" excuse isn't valid for small teams, not to mention Litebrite said they make about $7,500 a month just on YouTube only. Few will get that subscriber count, but I think you don't need much more than a GoPro and some effort to crank out content that could increase your value to sponsors, and help support racing.

I think it's really exciting that content creation is offering a different opportunity for awareness to our sport, no more gatekeepers to please. Who cares if ESPN chooses dog racing, we have our own platforms we can attract our genuine audience on.

TrophyBurro

Reaction
I think Lite Brite is a great example of what is possible, I heard a hefty number they received to go race KOH. Their production isn't fancy (not to knock, and the "rougher" shaky camera content is doing best right now) so the "high production cost" excuse isn't valid for small teams, not to mention Litebrite said they make about $7,500 a month just on YouTube only. Few will get that subscriber count, but I think you don't need much more than a GoPro and some effort to crank out content that could increase your value to sponsors, and help support racing.

I think it's really exciting that content creation is offering a different opportunity for awareness to our sport, no more gatekeepers to please. Who cares if ESPN chooses dog racing, we have our own platforms we can attract our genuine audience on.
You hit the nail on the head. More content will turn into more fans and then more sponsors. What is thats saying about all boats rise? LOL

MTPyle

Reaction
Just discovered IG reels yesterday. I did a lame one yesterday and it got way more views than any of my normal post. So I need to dial into how that works a little more and do more. I think it’s like a IG version of Tik Tok.

Mike

TrophyBurro

Reaction
Just discovered IG reels yesterday. I did a lame one yesterday and it got way more views than any of my normal post. So I need to dial into how that works a little more and do more. I think it’s like a IG version of Tik Tok.

Mike
views yes but do they convert into followers?
Youtube also has "shorts" which for me will be a game changer..

That is where all my effort will go moving on when its avail here

MTPyle

Reaction
I need to do more YT and make a strapped racing account.

good point about converting to followers with the Reel. Don’t know yet. I just did one by itself to see how it does.

this topic really needs it own thread. Lots of great info and things to share around social media and how to use it for our sport.

Either way our sport needs to evolve with Siviap media and figure out how to be relevant to sponsors that will support teams, not just events.

Mike

Tom_Willis

Reaction
Think it was also mentioned but kids nowadays need immediate feedback. Unless they've grown up in it, I think there's a lot less younger generational peeps that want to put the work necessary in to building, planning, working... if it's not immediate satisfaction, they move on to something else. Gen ADHD.
This kind of echoes what Charles Barkley intended when he famously stated in 1993 that he (an NBA player) shouldn't be seen as a role model by kids.... and that they should look to their parents instead. He took a lot of heat for it, explaining in a recent Graham Bensinger interview that he's "the only celebrity who got hate mail for telling kids to listen to their parents".

jon coleman

Reaction
This kind of echoes what Charles Barkley intended when he famously stated in 1993 that he (an NBA player) shouldn't be seen as a role model by kids.... and that they should look to their parents instead. He took a lot of heat for it, explaining in a recent Graham Bensinger interview that he's "the only celebrity who got hate mail for telling kids to listen to their parents".
remember what hillery said, ' it takes a village to raise a child'( And ' village' in the progressive world is big government)

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
I have been trying to catch up on this thread all morning. I think the best example of someone capitalizing on SM would be the Deegan family. I am now going to have to also go and find @MTPyle on IG just to go find his reel. Lol.

MTPyle

Reaction
Thanks for the post Trophy Burro.

but I don’t think it turned into any exposure for us. In the last 7 days I have done a couple post and two reels. With all of that I got 7 followers. Actually lost 5 so a net of 2. Haha clearly I am doing something wrong. And that’s with the Silverstate 300 jump post which I think is a damn cool video.

Attachments

• D993BB60-088A-4134-831E-9CAC4FFB96E0.png
    D993BB60-088A-4134-831E-9CAC4FFB96E0.png
    335.9 KB · Views: 45

TrophyBurro

Reaction
Thanks for the post Trophy Burro.

but I don’t think it turned into any exposure for us. In the last 7 days I have done a couple post and two reels. With all of that I got 7 followers. Actually lost 5 so a net of 2. Haha clearly I am doing something wrong. And that’s with the Silverstate 300 jump post which I think is a damn cool video.
Sorry they did not convert better into follows. I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

MTPyle

Reaction
TB

don’t be sorry. That was amazing and did get impressions. I am not trying be negative about the results. Out of all of the off-road I think you have it figured out and have put in the work. Your following is legit. Thanks again

Mike

sredish

Reaction
One thing for sure, pretty much all my non Baja friends and coworkers are familiar with the 'trophy burro' brand. Not sure how that translates into your wallet but it's something. I don't try cause it's not my thing but even with regular posting I can't even break 500 followers haha

ErickK

Reaction
im old skool, but out of curiosity, what IS that top tier sm / tik tok type making money- wise?,
Mid 8 figures.
High 8 if they turn that in to endorsements .. “guy with sign” parlayed it into a Super Bowl ad.. teenybopper has a top selling drink at Dunkin Donuts.. crazy times

ChupacabraOR

Reaction
"Mid 8 figures.
High 8 if they turn that in to endorsements .. “guy with sign” parlayed it into a Super Bowl ad.. teenybopper has a top selling drink at Dunkin Donuts.. crazy times"

How about the Cranberry Juice skateboard guy who had his life changed (new truck, house) and is now selling his video as an NFT for $500K.....

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
Fish,
Lets do another show. 3 segments. Teams that have succeeded in both content and competition. But don't just have the drivers on, have their Marketing person. Have them talk about what levers they pull.

Second, have marketing people from 5 of the big industry corps...UTV, Tire, Shocks...

Talk about what moves the needle for them.

Then put the Promoters on last. But make us watch the first 2 segments so we respond with real world solutions. Put us on the spot.

In the end, its a team effort but the Promoter has the ability to facilitate or inhibit those opportunities and alot of the time we dont even know we are the barrier.