The State Of Offroad Racing

51rcr

Reaction
TB

don’t be sorry. That was amazing and did get impressions. I am not trying be negative about the results. Out of all of the off-road I think you have it figured out and have put in the work. Your following is legit. Thanks again

Mike
go to drift pages, see what hashtags they using and add them see what it does. To bad it didnt have a whipple super chargers body on it. better yet have whipples name pop up half screen at the start. drift loves boost.

MTPyle

Reaction
go to drift pages, see what hashtags they using and add them see what it does. To bad it didnt have a whipple super chargers body on it. better yet have whipples name pop up half screen at the start. drift loves boost.

Thats like trying to tell a 400lb lady to put better gloves on to do pull ups. LOL No matter how much I learn I will still be really bad at social media. I need to focus on my strengths and clearly Instagram is not one of them. Haha

I just need to find someone that naturally better at it than me to deal with it.

Your idea was good though. Haha

Mike

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Fish,
Lets do another show. 3 segments. Teams that have succeeded in both content and competition. But don't just have the drivers on, have their Marketing person. Have them talk about what levers they pull.

Second, have marketing people from 5 of the big industry corps...UTV, Tire, Shocks...

Talk about what moves the needle for them.

Then put the Promoters on last. But make us watch the first 2 segments so we respond with real world solutions. Put us on the spot.

In the end, its a team effort but the Promoter has the ability to facilitate or inhibit those opportunities and alot of the time we dont even know we are the barrier.
Lets do it! Hopefully the promoters will come on! hahahaha

51rcr

Reaction
Thats like trying to tell a 400lb lady to put better gloves on to do pull ups. LOL No matter how much I learn I will still be really bad at social media. I need to focus on my strengths and clearly Instagram is not one of them. Haha

I just need to find someone that naturally better at it than me to deal with it.

Your idea was good though. Haha

Mike
wait whats the best pull up gloves? they sound like a good product? haha see social media works.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I like the idea of marketers and some manufacturers, but lets look at shocks. Are you talking about niche shock builders that don't have the capital to really sponsor teams with anything other than product support or are you talking about big shock companies that seem to be moving away from he sport since their ship has come in and they have massive contracts with auto manufacturers now where real money takes over? Tires, yes. Shocks? Don't think there is a real sponsorship opportunity there. At least not the kind that pays guys to go race on their product. That's the real truth to this whole deal. Main Street Businesses that have chain stores or massive industry suppliers are who would need to be targeted for real team sponsorships. In the late 1970s, there was a push like this, with many tire companies and many fast food companies painting race cars and paying teams to race and promote their name. Taco Bell, MacDonalds, Laredo Tires, etc... Why did they go away? Maybe that would be a real topic.

Martinezx

Reaction
🥇I wanted to race because it ease my mind.

🥈If I can do it for free because helps sale is great

🥉Is all about time

🏅Love the life style and is entertaining, is dangerously fun. Exciting. salesman pop

🎖️Everybody loves bananas
Thanx
J

Bro-Dozer Motorsports

Reaction
That is a great idea Dave! Do it Fish!!
There are a few of us that work any and all avenues of side work, content creation (hate using those words) and marketing to get to race our cars a few times a year and I would love to hear from some of the others that do the same.

J Prich

Reaction
That is a great idea Dave! Do it Fish!!
There are a few of us that work any and all avenues of side work, content creation (hate using those words) and marketing to get to race our cars a few times a year and I would love to hear from some of the others that do the same.
You guys should be teaching the class!

fastfelix

Reaction
Another variable for us is being in Utah. That adds at least one day to every race, way more fuel and tons of shipping cost to get stuff rebuilt.

on average we spend $1000 a prep in shipping.

I know some will say we spend way too much and some will wonder how we do it for that cheap. I had no idea when getting into this that it would cost this much. Haha

Mike
Jaja I feel the same way with 11 car!

fastfelix

Reaction
or do you go where the biggest field, best drivers are?, even if its a class you can easily afford?, if i had unlimmited funds, and had a choice, I'd rather go 1/2 1600 racing w- Rob Mac & a 40 car field than race the doctors& lawyers in the ' elite' classes( no , i didnt say i Could race With RM, just to say i raced in the same class is all😘
Yep

fastfelix

Reaction
I don't see this as trade secrets only because we are not very successful. LOL If we were getting podiums with this formula than maybe it would matter. Haha

I am more worried about the haters saying I spend too much and think I am bragging about how much we spend. I have had a few comments on here and so I know there are people that don't get it. The same people that think owning a luxury car is ridiculous and offensive. I am pretty sure most either thought Oh wow thats crazy and he is spending way too much. Then there are maybe a few thinking wow thats not bad. Haha for sure more of the first group than last. But really I should ignore the haters. Was watching Drive to survive last night and they said "The Dogs keep barking but the train keeps moving". I love that.

I know of a budget TT team that spends about the same as we do, maybe 15% more annually. They came to me to ask my budgets to see if they could save a lot going down to 6100. They were pretty surprised that we spend close to the same as they did. But I feel like we error on over prepping these days not under prepping so thats the difference. I also know of a team that spends our annual budget in 2 races. So it's a large range.

With what sponsors pay, I have no idea as nobody will share that info. My bet is there are few that get as much as we do from a non racing sponsor. (in other words a sponsor that is not in the race vehicle during races). For sure the Big TT teams with big sponsors get way more than we do and maybe a few Spec trucks but I would say there are way more self sponsored Trucks out there than teams getting external sponsor dollars.

I would love to learn what Andy is dealing with and what kind of budgets a top team needs to go racing.

The ROI is really hard in this sport. It does not help that there is not much coverage and the coverage that is there could care less about the truck sponsors. I have yet to hear any commentator focus on the truck sponsors. They only care about the sponsors that are paying for the event, not the sponsors paying for the racers.

For instance if anyone was going to mention our team on a live feed or race video I would want them to call us the Whipple Superchargers truck, not just the driver of record name. I could care less about promoting us.

I had this conversation with the guy that does the BITD MAV TV commentating and he looked at me like I was crazy. I was trying to explain we need exposure for our sponsors on the TV show, thats what we care about. I have yet to hear him mention any sponsor other than MAV TV Class 1 race vehicle LOL

Mike
And whipple superchargers class11. Thank you again mike

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Just to throw a huge wrench in the works. JaxRedline most viewed video on his youtube is just a full onboard raw gopro ;)
Creeping up on 50,000 views.

Kind of similar, one of our most viewed videos on the RDC Youtube channel is the 2019 Toyo Desert invitational video from KOH with about a half million views. No music, just engine noise, simple edit. But then the 2020 video was put together the exact same way and had a fraction of the views.

And when I was shooting for Steven Eugenio in 2015 some of the onboard only videos had allot of views also.