Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Website
www.offroadaction.com
This Year the Roster Will Shimmer with Motorsports Stars…
By WESTx1000
The pandemic has closed doors on a lot of international rally enthusiasts over the past calendar year. And although many friends will be missed at the 7th annual Yokohama Sonora Rally, the event may not lose much of its brilliance. With a competitor roster sure to glimmer in the Mexican sunlight, this coming week is set to offer more than its customary epic battles in the Mexican state just South of Arizona. Two legends, a few fan favorites and Baja royalty are pulling up to the starting line in San Luis Rio Colorado May 10th and pointing their tires towards the history books.
Ricky Brabec, Photo...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Bajacolorado

Reaction
I have been to the western part of the Altar desert a few times - west of the Pinacate reserve (no vehicles allowed). Assuming the last leg (TBD on race day) comes out of the Dunes and Finishes outside of San Luis - is it reasonable to go to the finish line area and perhaps into the dune areas to spectate? Obviously in an area that in no way is hidden from an entrants view for safety reasons. The back sdie of dune etc. Being from Tucson and having crossed SLRC border many times I know the area and have entered the dunes to the SE of San Luis from this direction. A) Is it possible to share the finish line location or at least about where this will be? B) I assume locals will also want to see the last action in the dunes - or is this not a good plan or something you can not comment on due to the daily course releases?

We want to go but only if is is reasonable to be able to spectate in the last of the dunes before the finish? Thanks!

Jose Aguinaga

Reaction
It seems Polaris is really getting in to this type of racing.

It's very challenging on my opinion. Great article.

Bajacolorado

Reaction
The days course is handed to you on a roll - that day. And it is not a map. NO GPS. NO "Wrong way signs" and more. Old School rules.