The unofficial Baja 1000 planning thread... how will YOU do it?

Anger Issues

Reaction
We don't expect to start until noon or 1.... the days will be short, the nights will be long. What are YOUR thoughts?

I am putting a level-headed fab guy (Tim) in to start... probably to Coco's

I will then drive about 400 miles to San Juanico. Lara will go from there, past the mission to Zaragosa area.

Bob Morton of Kia fame better bring it home... with much support.

I hope to pass about 100 side-by-sides along the way. :rolleyes:

Chainguide

Reaction
I will be one of the last Pro Bikes off the line so my story will be quite different with about a 1:00 AM start time.

Baja Bryan

Reaction
I wished we had a 6am start in the cars to get the most out of the day light. Once the map is official saturday the planning will start. I think I will do first 380 then the last 400.

Baja Dad

Reaction
The map will show the course running the 2017 Baja 500 backwards to SF then down the old porticoes road to the hwy past coco's out to Chapala to Bay of LA (aprox RM 400) then to El Arco to Vizcaino to San Ignacio to
scorpion bay to Loreto to Constitution ..... then it can go a few ways south so ................ that my guess
the sun should come up on the lead bikes near Chapala.........

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
If you havent been planning this race for over a year, you havent been planning. NOTHING will go according to plan.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Tundranation

Reaction
If you havent been planning this race for over a year, you havent been planning. NOTHING will go according to plan.

Carlos every time we are in Baja we live on plan B,C,D,E..............hahahahaha

redline

Reaction

You think anything goes according to plan in Baja? You can plan for 15 different scenarios and pretty much be sure you forgot about the 16th one!

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
You think anything goes according to plan in Baja? You can plan for 15 different scenarios and pretty much be sure you forgot about the 16th one!
Of course not, I "planned" to chase all the way down before my cousin decided he was getting married that weekend... My plan went to 5hit before I even got there lol

Tundranation

Reaction
Lol, we have better times when we wing it!

That's all we know hahahaahaha........Best times ever !!!!!! " Looks like we have a change in plans .......but first we need to get some tacos and beer !!!! "

Lord Green

Reaction
General Dwight Eisenhower stated, "Plans are useless, but planning is essential".