"The Wall" @ Lucerne

racer951

\"The Wall\" @ Lucerne

I watched races there as a kid, but have never run the course. Does anyone know the approximate mile marker for the wall? Supposedly this is a new track for mdr, so it may be different than what you have. I'm sure there will be a lot of people in the vicinity, a tell-tale sign of getting airborne, but I'm just curious as to where it is and if the run up to it is fast.

dezdude

<font color="#800000"><b> RDC Photographer</b></fo
Re: \"The Wall\" @ Lucerne

I don't know the actual mile marker, and MDR does not have any available maps on their web page for that coarse yet.

But it is the same WALL as the previous courses, and yes their will be a lot of spectators their including my self taking pictures. It has actually gotten so popular that MDR has placed an MDR official their to monitor the area (help keep non racers off the wall, and spectators away from the coarse). I have seen manny vehicles role their over the years.

As far as the run up to it, the last 1/8th mile is kind of smooth before that is rough, depending on the car you are racing. Class 11, &amp; 9 don't even try it you will jar your teeth out in my opinion. I mostly seem to see 1600's role their. Anything with limited rear suspension will buck pretty bad at speed. It is defiantly a truck jump for some resin they always land the best off it. Even the class 1 car's seem to buck a little off it. But that is just my opinion I have never jumped it or raced it, I just know what all my pictures look like over the years.

Hope that can kind of answer your question.

Jeff

BIG_FAT_LOSER

I beleive this race is similar to the 400, but run in the oposite direction, down the wall, not too exciting. i may be wrong. I won't be marking this one unfortunately. Any help?

racer951

I'm gonna run a 9 so I know it will be rough. Funny that you mention rolling, I did just into the henderson race, just unlucky though I think...it's on vid at desertrides.com's henderson video (last car). What speed do most people hit it at?

martininsocal

Eric- Thats mean!

Why do trucks fly better off that jump- 2 things, inertia and weight distribution.

drtdevil93

martin- its another race i wont be running in, i need to make sure there will be entertainment!!! jk

erik

ESB4130

trucks do better because their motors are in the front. think about it this way...if you shot and arrow with the weight in the back....what would it do? it would flip over forwards. the walls really short, so when people hit it...its not like the vehicles actual heaveir part pulls it down, the heavier part bounces the hardest and send it up, generally speaking. alot of it depends on how you hit it...but for the most part, front engine vehicles fly front end high off of it..and rear engine vehicles fly rear-end high off of it

SuperDave

MDR is using the new B course for Johnson Valley. The Wall is approx. mile 6 plus or minus a mile.

SuperDave

No Pat, keep in mind this is the new B course. Mile 6 is up the Wall. If you can picture the 400 course it was only 4 miles from the Wall to start finish and this new course is a bit different. Keep an eye on www.mdrracing.com for the new map when it's ready.