thinkin about moving to the inland empire or sd area

xnoregretsx

Reaction
how hard is it to find a decent job down there?
havent lived down there since i was 5

i need some help

gimme some feedback please!

comments.. suggestions .. anything is appreciated

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
I have many friends in in Yucca Valley or Joshua Tree that work in Palm Springs.

PS has a very high percentage of affluent retirees with sound pensions. A more secure area for service type jobs of all kinds.

YV is a nice, clean little town. Superb off-roading at your door and no traffic to fight. Easy trip to Baja too!

baja619

Reaction
What kind of work are you capable of handling. I suspect depending on who you know it will be difficult to find a job in either area.

xnoregretsx

Reaction
What kind of work are you capable of handling. I suspect depending on who you know it will be difficult to find a job in either area.

im a graphic/web designer.
it cant possibly be any harder to find work in a huge city like SD than it is to find work here in this town of 52k ppl there arent any opportunities to further my career here so i want to move back down.

im actually really really good at what i do. i know for a fact i could get a job if i can find one.

also being the computer nerd that i am im also reallllly good at 3d modeling and physics and all the good stuff.. and it doesnt hurt that im capable of building anything i design. i guess i just gotta wait around and when the opportunity comes take it.

if you guys know any graphic design or race shops that could pay enough to just get an apartment and groceries id be more than happy to sleep in my truck for a few weeks. my heart is set on getting back down to where im from.

motoman9

Reaction
over here in riverside its getting hard to get a job al my friends that are looking are not finding any one that is willing to hire them.

BGRANT

Reaction
SD is tough right now. I grew up there and after 36 years I saw the hand writing on the wall and got out. I still consider it home but it is in bad shape right now. Like everywhere else I guess.

randy s

Reaction
im a graphic/web designer.
it cant possibly be any harder to find work in a huge city like SD than it is to find work here in this town of 52k ppl there arent any opportunities to further my career here so i want to move back down.

im actually really really good at what i do. i know for a fact i could get a job if i can find one.

also being the computer nerd that i am im also reallllly good at 3d modeling and physics and all the good stuff.. and it doesnt hurt that im capable of building anything i design. i guess i just gotta wait around and when the opportunity comes take it.

if you guys know any graphic design or race shops that could pay enough to just get an apartment and groceries id be more than happy to sleep in my truck for a few weeks. my heart is set on getting back down to where im from.
if you're good at what you do, why don't you fire up your own deal and work for no one?

rharriman

Reaction
Well, do you have a job now?

If so I wouldn't leave it til ur secure in a new one for sure. With all the fab shops closing down around here and all the layoffs coming from Circuit City and everwhere else. Just having a job is a good thing. Take your time and find something you like doing because you might be stuck doing it for some time if the job market stays the way it is.

Joser1726

Reaction
Well its really tuff everywhere to find a job, but if you set your fort in Corona, Temecula, Lake Elsinore area you set yourself to be able to work in SD, Orange county or anywhere around there since you are right in the middle...

Joser1726

Reaction
i would check work in Northern Cali (i live in Petaluma near San Francisco), since i moved here from Lake Elsinore because i could not find work in Land Developement (i am a civil designer). Money does not seem to be a problem here (atleast it does not look like it does) and they pay pretty good as well...