• Forum membership has its advantages....

Thinking about trading trucks...

Chris

Anybody know about getin' California plates for a truck registered in Mex. It's an older ford with an 86 351Windsor. I'm not sure if it was manufactered in Mexico or US. Can it be done?

scott

Usually trucks go the other direction, and never come North, unless your doing a drive-by.......

Josh_Westwood

Check with the DMV about 5 to 10 times and find out what the most common thing they all said was because everyone will give you different answers. I would guess smog, safety, and possibly checking it for stolen parts.

Chris

Thats exactly the problem we were running into. The DMV can't get their story straight. We went down over the weekend and looked at it, it's a class 8 ford so we are just going to green sticker it and run MDR's full size class. Anyone with info on the MDR restrictions for class 8 please email me with pertinent info. I am really exited I've always wanted to participate in offroad racing rather then just watch and now I have the oportunity to. The truck has tons of spares, simple design I think it's going to be very fun. We are going to go pick it up this week. It's a blue flareside 1981 Ford F150. If anybody sees us out at the next MDR race please come by and say hey. Since our team is going to consist of my two brothers and two friends and the various girlfriends I am sure we will need all the help we can get.

Wayne_Nosala

I would get the VIN number off of it , then check with the DMV
If it comes up clean, Trailer it back, its not likely it will ever pass smog,
but should be no problem getting a green sticker for it, the Highway patrol will
also have to look at it before a green sticker can be issued(thats why i would
check out the VIN before wasting any time dragging it back)

As far as class 8 rules, get a SCORE rule book, MDR follows it, especially on safety equipment

Chris

I inquired as to the VIN before we even went down there so I could check it out and not waste a day driving around. I went to Carfacts.com and typed in the VIN and for $20 it told me what I wanted to know. Thanks for the advise. I was under the impression that SCORE was a little more stringent when it came to the rules as compared to MDR, but I guess when it comes to saftey more stringent is a good thing.