This is dumb.....

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
So many newbies! Mickey had steel ramps in several of the domes they raced in, like Silver Dome, Hossier Dome, etc... Ran on the concrete with metal ramps. Fans loved it, so who cares how it worked. Robby knows this and he is following a business plan that worked before. Let's hope that once this stuff is big and mainstream, no rasta bicycle riders show up in his driveway!

B

Brandon Johnson

my first post in years... dont ever go on here... I applaud RG in a business venture, however, how would this series benefit me, or others like me as a fabricator/mechanic? seems everything is already laid out. Is this going to be like superlite? maybe a good mechanic or 2 and a head guy, then a bunch of elves doing what theyre told? It seems like a great deal for someone with a name or a good financial backing and the spectators too...but as far as a team winning together??? I know when i go to a go kart track, all the "identical" cars have slow and fast ones...how does SST regulate that? does the bigger sponsor on the truck get a faster truck? I apologize if this is already spelled out somewhere, but i just dont get it.theres no regulating on who gets what...Its not a team making changes on a truck to win...its a driver with a truck that ''should'' be the same but who knows...seems like wrestling with trucks...fill me in where i'm wrong...

Offspring

RDC Crypto
No disrespect but I don't think he's too worried about you in his venture other than he would like to put you in the stands to watch it. I've seen your questions answered in his releases and his site. MT series had the factories and big teams, what would that have done for you. This is not going to replace any of the other series, it's not even the same model. If it sounds cool go watch or wait for it on TV. If no interest I see no reason to do either. Good luck.

B

Brandon Johnson

No disrespect but I don't think he's too worried about you in his venture other than he would like to put you in the stands to watch it. I've seen your questions answered in his releases and his site. MT series had the factories and big teams, what would that have done for you. This is not going to replace any of the other series, it's not even the same model. If it sounds cool go watch or wait for it on TV. If no interest I see no reason to do either. Good luck.

no disrespect to you, you probably dont support a family which includes 2 kids working on race cars...I probably will watch from the stands if its free....but its like the cashier at Home Depot teaching you to use the self check out, why give your job away??? yes i want to see good racing but I'd rather be apart of it as I was last year where a team and driver made things happen, not a promoter...it takes a team to win races and championships, not just TV ratings

hendersoned

RDC Crypto
For the guy with everything, well everything but a front yard short course ramp! just in time for Christmas!

PS this belongs under short course...

BajaFand

RDC Crypto
my first post in years... dont ever go on here... I applaud RG in a business venture, however, how would this series benefit me, or others like me as a fabricator/mechanic? seems everything is already laid out. Is this going to be like superlite? maybe a good mechanic or 2 and a head guy, then a bunch of elves doing what theyre told? It seems like a great deal for someone with a name or a good financial backing and the spectators too...but as far as a team winning together??? I know when i go to a go kart track, all the "identical" cars have slow and fast ones...how does SST regulate that? does the bigger sponsor on the truck get a faster truck? I apologize if this is already spelled out somewhere, but i just dont get it.theres no regulating on who gets what...Its not a team making changes on a truck to win...its a driver with a truck that ''should'' be the same but who knows...seems like wrestling with trucks...fill me in where i'm wrong...

For every race the drivers will draw out of a hat for which truck they will get for the weekend, so it is completely random. The drivers will bring their own wheels, tires, and decaled body panels to support their sponsors and SST does the rest. I believe the drivers are allowed to bring 2 of their own crew members to work with the 2 SST crew you get for the weekend.

Quailhunter

Covert Troll.
RDC Crypto
People that enjoyed this video also enjoyed video of BJ trashing the beach in San Felipe with his TT.........

Mad Media what were you thinking?

I know.........I'm not the target demographic.........I get it. My bad bro!

Last edited:

Mark_Weyhrich

RDC Crypto
Website
www.tubespecialties.com

Anything that can bring off-road racing to the masses is good for everyone involved with the sport. SST is attempting to bring the most exciting parts of an off-road race (jumps, whoops, turns, passing) to the fans. It is no different than what Supercross has done for the 2-wheel ranks. That seems to work pretty darn good.

Way too early to tell just how many people will get the bug to go desert racing once they buy a ticket to a show or watch it on NBC. You can bet there will only be a positive influence. The real question is what are YOU going to do to tap into those people and grow YOUR business.

BajaTuner

RDC Crypto
Anything that can bring off-road racing to the masses is good for everyone involved with the sport. SST is attempting to bring the most exciting parts of an off-road race (jumps, whoops, turns, passing) to the fans. It is no different than what Supercross has done for the 2-wheel ranks. That seems to work pretty darn good.

Way too early to tell just how many people will get the bug to go desert racing once they buy a ticket to a show or watch it on NBC. You can bet there will only be a positive influence. The real question is what are YOU going to do to tap into those people and grow YOUR business.

Very well said.

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
For every race the drivers will draw out of a hat for which truck they will get for the weekend, so it is completely random. The drivers will bring their own wheels, tires, and decaled body panels to support their sponsors and SST does the rest. I believe the drivers are allowed to bring 2 of their own crew members to work with the 2 SST crew you get for the weekend.

I believe I read somewhere that each truck would be run on a chassis dyno prior to the event for all the drivers and crew chiefs to see. So there would be no speculation of HP or torque #'s of each others machines.

Mark Newhan

RDC Crypto
I had a conversation with someone a few years ago regarding the growing number of race promoters. Their position as that with a number of choices that a racer has that entries go down and it dilutes the racing....

I told him I thought that it was great that the growth of the sport is good for the preservation of the sport. The sport has been threatened since I became involved at 16 (now 45) either by environmental group or by natural growth of the population expansion (I.e. riverside). Now we see racing in Utah, Az, New Mexico, Texas, Ok, Oregon and on. This means that it is no longer a So Cal or western Az niche. That extrapolates to nearly half of the country is racing off road in one form or another. That means that the people in the western half of the U.S. hav taken an interest in the sport and all of us collectively have a large influence on the politicians in half of the country.

What SST is doing is taking our sport to a broader audience which no doubt will fall in love with it. People from every walk of life and every state in the union are competing in desert racing. Look no further than Clyde Stacy, Justin Matney, Mark Ewing, Adrian Cienny (sp) and others that have come to love the sport that we have made a life style...

Bring it on SST!!

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
RDC Crypto
I had a conversation with someone a few years ago regarding the growing number of race promoters. Their position as that with a number of choices that a racer has that entries go down and it dilutes the racing....

I told him I thought that it was great that the growth of the sport is good for the preservation of the sport. The sport has been threatened since I became involved at 16 (now 45) either by environmental group or by natural growth of the population expansion (I.e. riverside). Now we see racing in Utah, Az, New Mexico, Texas, Ok, Oregon and on. This means that it is no longer a So Cal or western Az niche. That extrapolates to nearly half of the country is racing off road in one form or another. That means that the people in the western half of the U.S. hav taken an interest in the sport and all of us collectively have a large influence on the politicians in half of the country.

What SST is doing is taking our sport to a broader audience which no doubt will fall in love with it. People from every walk of life and every state in the union are competing in desert racing. Look no further than Clyde Stacy, Justin Matney, Mark Ewing, Adrian Cienny (sp) and others that have come to love the sport that we have made a life style...

Bring it on SST!!

Bravo!

spi6616

RDC Crypto
Is there a sequel to this video.......Gee I jumped a trailer.....14 times!! I don't remember any trailers parked out on ANY race courses!!

spi6616

RDC Crypto
MICKEY DID SOMETHING SIMILAR????? DIDN"T WORK OUT WELL???? WTF What planet have you lived on??? It was AWESOME racing and EXACTLY like this..........

bomber

RDC Crypto
Testing the ramps for when they have the RG SST race at the Long Beach Grand Prix.

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. Would be sick and great exposure if he could get an exhibition race incorporated in this event. The metal ramps are perfect for it.

Short Bus

RDC Crypto
This is exactly what I was thinking as well. Would be sick and great exposure if he could get an exhibition race incorporated in this event. The metal ramps are perfect for it.

SST is running a pavement race at the Long Beach Grand Prix. They can't dump yards of dirt on the track but they can pull these on and off the track quickly. There will be a big audience there to show off this new series in front of. Lots of air and lots of tire smoke should keep people interested.