This is one tough rider.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Taken from TT.
This guy finishes them all! Here's an outstanding bit put together by a TV station out here on a rider in our series - the ECEA. The guy rides every enduro & hare scramble - 30+ races a year.

and he's 74 years old and rides a 250f!

I am one of the countless riders that have stopped and offered assistance to get joe through an especially ugly section of trail - and his response is always the same - "you just get yourself through it, I'll be fine"

We filmed a HS recently that was butt ugly - pouring rain for days before, muddy, rocky, slippery, snotty - I think half the field either didn't bother to start or dnf'd. We were parked near joe and at the end he comes riding in, pulls off his helmet and is grinning ear to ear. I asked what he's so happy about - we were covered in mud and we were just filming - this was a ugly, tough event. He simply responded "I had a blast".

So when I'm out there, 60, 70, 80 miles into an enduro, mentally & physically drained, doing a little soul searching
as to why people call this sport 'fun', I just think "crap, joe is definitely going to finish - I have no excuse", and I give the 300 another gear and some more throttle ;-)

Here's the clip
- you may have to sit through a commercial before the video starts: http://www.wgal.com/video/20530614/

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Old guys rule.

"You don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding"

Guy looked pretty good for 74 too. And like everyone else, I hope I'm still riding at that age.

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
i definetley hope im riding, at least when im 60, let alone being 74. i sure hope i have 60 more years of riding ahead of me.

A Vance

Reaction
And I am scared to turn 30 this year and be able to ride the vet class

ColoradoZQ8

Reaction
Those kind of people are my hero's. Showing the world that you can stay healthy and active into the later years.

I hope i'll be in that condition when i'm 73.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
Some of the fastest guys I know are over 50. Hell their is a guy in Utah goes by the name of Preston Gerber that HAS to be 70 I'll bet 20 to 1 he could smoke this dude.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Some of the fastest guys I know are over 50. Hell their is a guy in Utah goes by the name of Preston Gerber that HAS to be 70 I'll bet 20 to 1 he could smoke this dude.
Why would you even compare?:confused: Its not about comparisons, lets see you do 30+ races a year at age 74! Who cares if hes last every race hes still tough as nails!

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
I hope Im still riding/racing at that guys age....