This is what off road racing is all about.....

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Sooo, we are racing the MDR race this weekend and my co-rider's (Pete/Matt) know my money is tight, said don't worry about a Motel room, we'll take the Toyhauler and we'll buy the gas!! I never asked them, they just said that they would do what they could to help out. What a great bunch of guys!! As for pitting, I only had 3 guys total so my pit help was almost non-exsistant. In steps Mark Naugle (BCG1 on RDC) and the guys from Locos Mocos/Total Chaos, they said not to worry about a pit crew, they would cover it for us. Really? REALLY?? Now, since I'm also a member of the "Cheeze" (Tony Tellier's off road e-mail group), TT offered some funds towards our car, along with Billy Robertson (Class 1 racer and owner of Honda of North Hollywood). I never really asked for anything, these are just good people that know what it's like to go racing on a budget! Keep in mind, we are only racing MDR this weekend to TEST for the Baja 1000 (hopefully), we don't plan on breaking any records, just a nice consistant race, getting some experiance for some night time racing. Thanks guys, you really don't know how much I appreciate your help....Sincerely, Rory Ward.

Attachments

Wahl_7s

Reaction
What a great sport, there's a lot of great people out there. that's a great story:).Good karma too.

Detbohica

Reaction
that is exactly what makes this a great sport, the awesome people

woundedyak

Mammals fear me
Reaction
It's good to know the great people still exists

michael_loomis

Reaction
Cool stuff... you really gotta love 90% of the off road community!! :)

Tyler7

Reaction
thats awesome good to here and good luck!!! The night race is a fun race.

FCORR

Reaction
Awesome story, that's why I love this sport! I guess we'll see everyone out there in less than 6 days!

Forty1Racing

Reaction
This sport has the best community of people hands down.

PBR

Reaction
do you believe in karma? rory is a really great guy that is always helping out anyone he can, whether it's collins or even a little 8 truck team, the guy volunteers his time and effort for other and now others are doing the same for you. best of luck to you out there and sorry i can't make it (stupid anniversary!). and to those of you that are helping rory out, good karma will come your way too!

Fourstroker

Reaction
do you believe in karma? rory is a really great guy that is always helping out anyone he can, whether it's collins or even a little 8 truck team, the guy volunteers his time and effort for other and now others are doing the same for you. best of luck to you out there and sorry i can't make it (stupid anniversary!). and to those of you that are helping rory out, good karma will come your way too!
I was just gonna say he must be livin' right. Good luck this weekend. I'll be out there and rooting you on! Buggy dorks for life

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Stories like that just prove what a great and close community the desert racing community is!! It's nice to know that people pay attention to the good deeds of those around them and in the end they are rewarded :D

drj777

Reaction
the offroad community is always there to help when its needed...if only the rest of the world was the same way...:cool:

drj

ps - i had the pleasure of chasing for TT & the CHASE family in the 40th...great guy, an absolute maniac, could run you till you puke & then drink you under the table!!

incidentally, BR & TT are both CHECKERS!!