• Forum membership has its advantages....

This is who dave caspino is:::::: Look at this

DoitforBMoore

wow seriously ?
my apologies to my team motion motosports for involving a driver to our team who comes with all the drama
i myself was a little hot at dave for thinking he hit a little hard,but still i kept my opinions to myself untill i found
all the facts .after review dave told us exactly what happened,he himself watching 609 trying to move a non responding
slow to move 607,unfortunately our truck,sorry to say this driver signed a contract agreeing to pay all driver error damages.
after many texts and calls with no response i leave all legalities up to our diligent team owner which unfortunately will end up in court! only good thing i can promise is this driver will no longer be a part of motion motorsports.thank you and my apologies to all subject to this unfortunate reading.
Is it just a coincidence that both you and the other guys rep level is in the dumper???

mawtrophykart

Replacement String: You be the Judge!

Last edited by a moderator:

mawtrophykart

Trying to load video of in car

mawtrophykart

So you can see the video/ as i am computer illiterate and tried to figure uploading out,which took me 5 days. I really dont see where I the cliff was, nor the $3.5k of damage, or the hit that sent both of them to the hospital? if you cant see the video it is on youtube under dcaspino.

RFS Motorsports

I saw three places to turn out. You are 100% right Dave! Clean pass and Josh was 100% blocking. My bad for letting the guy drive my truck!

PAB

40's rock!
Well there is much to be said about this public airing of uncertainty...... My opinions are my own and posted just for fun.....

IMO - You want to get by these slow movers so you don't have to risk them making a mistake and causing a bottleneck, really this goes for everyone that is in front of you at a Baja 1000.

The spot Dave is doing work in is technical and the last spot he is nerfing the 2nd truck is what I think is the most sketchy spot in those first 35 miles, meaning that the road was NARROW and there was a ledge to the left. That being said he makes his point where the other driver will most likely get the point.

The driver in front seems to bring trouble on after having two trucks in back of him looking to get by. Dave just saw that the truck was not making way for the other truck that caught him and probably felt the guy was one of those that just never move over, they are all over in desert racing.

This section allowed for your co-dog to know if there were trucks coming long before they got to your back bumper. The rolling hills outside Ojos (not Borego as mentioned before by someone) had this new section with lots of top of hill turns. Your co-dog has a job, not just cheerleader or gauge watcher, they have to watch what is coming.

Watching what is coming is part of the job normally BUT IF RUNNING ON 5 OF 6 (as stated) then you should be smart enough to know, driver and navigator, that there is a freight train of cars coming that have properly prepped, pre ran and spent a small fortune to come race. If you are limping then show some respect and get out of the way.

The fact that someone mentioned court or truck damage seems silly but again it probably just goes to the mentality of those particular people.

As for Dave Caspino. Dave is an interesting character, I have a lot of respect for him and feel good about calling him a friend in desert racing. I agree he has some interesting times but I have seen him rise above and be a great person. There is no doubt he is a bad arse desert racer and one solid talent when it comes to driving.

I may have missed some of this thread and may be off a bit but it's just a web site right?

RFS Motorsports

Why aren't you driving it at the start?
My bad on the Borrego thing Cameron, Ojos it is. I also told the driver to pull over on multiple spots but he did not feel comfortable in these spots. He was worried about getting stuck with the low power that he was experiencing. I was suppose to drive the start and at the last minute the other driver decided he wanted to do it. I ended switching with him for the leg from Borrego to the finish.

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
What happened to your scheduled driving team Robert? Sounded like you had some people with prior Mexico experience ready to rock and not pull this kind of stuff

RFS Motorsports

What happened to your scheduled driving team Robert? Sounded like you had some people with prior Mexico experience ready to rock and not pull this kind of stuff
Racing on a budget stinks! Guys that have the experience and wanted to race could not come up with the sponsor money in that short of a time. I was not planning to race this and some people came up with some money. We were just short one person to make a great team and Chuck ended up on a bike. I do not have the funds that I used to so I either have to race with others or sell the truck. That is why it is listed for sale right now. Hate to get rid of it because it is an incredible driving truck. Tis the economy!

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifieds/index.php?ct=orrace&md=details&id=9382

Last edited:

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Racing on a budget stinks! Guys that have the experience and wanted to race could not come up with the sponsor money in that short of a time. I was not planning to race this and some people came up with some money. We were just short one person to make a great team and Chuck ended up on a bike. I do not have the funds that I used too so I either have to race with others or sell the truck. That is why it is listed for sale right now. Hate to get rid of it because it is an incredible driving truck. Tis the economy!

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifieds/index.php?ct=orrace&md=details&id=9382
Sorry to hear that!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Clean pass and nerf, the poster is out of his mind if he thinks that was dangerous. Good job Dave. This is yet another reason why EVERYONE needs to run an incar camera so there is no he said she said BS, just video that does not lie!