thoughts about MORE race from 1450 guys

offrdrob

Reaction
I just wanted to know what everyone in the 1450 class thought about racing in the MORE race. I know that most of you have raced in MDR, and was curious what your likes and dislikes were about racing in MORE. Would you consider racing in MORE next season?

5racer

Reaction
i thought that everyone raced good and clean and had no probs with 1450 guys on or off the track just a few yoyo,s but there always is with that many peeps some of those 1450,s haul hay good job guys.

5racer

Reaction
offrdrob said:
I just wanted to know what everyone in the 1450 class thought about racing in the MORE race. I know that most of you have raced in MDR, and was curious what your likes and dislikes were about racing in MORE. Would you consider racing in MORE next season?

what class do you race in or do you ???

1450-ranger

Reaction
Website
www.giantmotorsports.com
Pretty good weekend despite what happened. I personally didnt like the no check points, i thought it could be really easy to cut a little bit off... or run on an access road. No one nerf'd us hard, and we didnt get picked on, so it was a good weekend none-the-less.

offrdrob

Reaction
I co drive with my cousins in a 1600 car, chase for a class 1 car and building a truck which I want to run in 1450 a few selected races next year. I watched the race last weekend and helped pit for my friends 5/1600 car. It was sad to hear about the helio. crash. I wish Steve and the people that were with him a speedy recovery.

Josh_K

Reaction
To quote 1497, "I personally didnt like the no check points, i thought it could be really easy to cut a little bit off... or run on an access road."

Is it standard to not have check pionts? If it is I will race MORE too and Jamie Campbell and Rossler wont hold a candel to my line!

Helton knows what I'm talking about!

Josh

91yotaprerunner

Reaction
my only complaint was after we all got a lecture about no nerfing, the class 10 guys sure seemed to enjoy doing it, 1029 almost put me on my lid. as soon as i saw him, i tried to move to the side, as i was diagnol moving out of his way, he nerfed me pretty good and put me sideways out of control. some of the 10/16 cars need to realize that if there isnt anything on the side of the track, we obviously cant move out of the way. also do any of the 10/16 guys know what a horn is. i could have swore it was part of the tech requirements for a reason......

highonthai

Reaction
Website
www.terrasportracing.com
I believe it is standard for MORE to have Secret checkpoints and or spotters set up around the course to discourage cheating. Cheating has not been an issue at the MORE races yet. I personally would never want to be caught cutting the course and once you do it's not a reputation that's easy to overcome.

Josh_K

Reaction
91yotaprerunner said:
my only complaint was after we all got a lecture about no nerfing, the class 10 guys sure seemed to enjoy doing it, 1029 almost put me on my lid. as soon as i saw him, i tried to move to the side, as i was diagnol moving out of his way, he nerfed me pretty good and put me sideways out of control. some of the 10/16 cars need to realize that if there isnt anything on the side of the track, we obviously cant move out of the way. also do any of the 10/16 guys know what a horn is. i could have swore it was part of the tech requirements for a reason......

This sort of thing happens in all the races origination, to all the racers in all the classes. Don’t get too upset, it racing. And the horn thing, well, it’s a joke. You didn’t hear it because you cant. Once I was broke and limping slowly and a 10 was on my tail honking and neafing as hard as he could and I didn’t even hear it or feel it. I found out only because my buddy had it on video as we went by. My point is that that guy could have been back there for some time and didn’t mean to get you so crossed up.

Just thank god that something weighing 6k didn’t get you.

Josh

Byrdman

Asked to be removed
Reaction
MORE's check points are rolling checks( meaning you do not stop) and are that way for saftey reasons, i.e hard stop collisions. They are there though.If you get caught cheating on propose- Jim will probably not allow you to run for the rest of the season.
I know he is not very light on short coarsers. From a pitters point of view of last weekends race, I thought it was a blast seeing all those trucks running at MORE-
( I just wish they were all 7s!!) I think it went over better than everyone thought it was going to. Good Job.

Uncle_Bob

Reaction
You know that UBRT Racing will be back! We always love a good MORE race.

As far as the check points goes, I don't understand why at one of the other oganizations, they might stop you in a sand wash going "up hill" at one point and flag you through and never getting your number at another spot. Stop once at start/finish. I agree with byrdman and dalton8, it's not a rally race, it's off-road.

As far as nerfing, well we've been hit hard and have now set our truck up for the worst hit possible and hope we don't get hit. We use our mirrors, and also try to run harder to get to the front. LOL

ASHCRAFT

Sticky Balls
Reaction
Sounds to me like your co driver was not doing his job. If you knew he was back there a simple hand in the air would have kept him from hitting you. Bumping is part of the game. Get used to it if you are going to race 1450. You need to realize that in a 1600 we are eye level with your rear tire. The last thing that I need during race is to catch a rock in the face. I do not like to bump it slows me down. But if you cant hear my horn and there is no other line I will bump. Now there are certainly cases of racers being to rough. But dont point your finger at the entire group.

garagebuilder

Reaction
i had a great race, other than electrical problems my truck ran perfect, self satisfaction was at the highest for me. one of the best times i ever had, 5 months of build and prep(haha) lead up to it, and it was totally worth it. thank you MORE, beard seats, and Kartek for making it a great weekend, and the overwhelming support of Geoff Falzone, and Giant Motorsports. you guys got me hooked.

5racer

Reaction
alot of people dont realize that when a faster car comes up on you we are not going to slow down a whole lot to give you a horn we start honkin before we get to you then we look for a way around and if there is none then we try to time our selfs to bump you not nerf but just bump to let ya know hi were on your butt move over .now the timeing part is where it gets tough sometimes we do it great and sometimes we dont.i dont know of one true race car driver in offroad or at least in the more races that likes to smack peeps just for fun .you take the chance of takeing your self out eveytime you hit someone hard or if you hit a truck you mite get hooked together and then there will be pleanty of time to yell at each other why your co-drivers are throwing cold water on you to seperate ya .so dont be to quick to jump someones back about how hard they hit you .now if the guy puts you upside down from a smack then thats a little differnt but talk to them about it right away .theres always two sides to every story.

mattrick8888

Reaction
my race weekend was not very good but for reasons that matt helton said, not MOREs fault. i was pretty disappointed to see some 5, 16, and 1 cars pit racing the night before the race and disreguarding the 15mph speed limit after all the hype on the internet before hand. did these cars get dq-ed like the signs said? i think i only saw 1 truck disobey the 15mph speed limit, i was pretty happy about that.

Jack

Reaction
There were a few of us out near the course in areas were there could have been easy shorting and I'm glad to say that in the area I was watching everyone was honest about coming all the way out to the markers to make there turn. Frankly I was surprised because this has not been my experence at other promoters events.

PLS

Reaction
I was in a 1600 car, and I just want to thank all the trucks we caught for moving over quickly. Everyone I saw did a good job. We almost hit one truck, the white Giant truck I think, but it was in some rough stuff and the sight of that big rear end going up and down in front of us made us wait a little longer! I thought it was a fun race altogether.
Pete S.

1450-ranger

Reaction
Website
www.giantmotorsports.com
The white giant truck had some front shock trouble, so slowing and getting out of the way couldve been a major problem.

Glad everyone is happy with the trucks and how they drove this weekend. Thanks for putting up with us.