• Forum membership has its advantages....

Thoughts on and questions about V2R from the Subaru guy

pontoontodd

I think it was before pit 3. Stuck in a bad spot. Had to back up and get a running start twice before i actually got by him. I think I may have scared him a bit (Sorry dude) on the third attempt since it looked like i was running straight at him, even though i was just getting speed to curve around him up on the hill.

--John
I don't remember that, I'll watch for it on the video.

Here is the only picture I've taken that shows how big the crack in the body is. Goes almost all the way up and down behind the RF strut tower.

Couple pictures at Firehole Gorge:

Hill/mountain we tried to climb there:

Arch north of Vernal:

Echo Park / Yampa road as seen from Harper's corner in DNM:

View from Harper's corner:

Echo Canyon:

Looking out of whispering cave:

Looking back on Yampa road, Haystack rock (I think) in the middle:

Last edited:

bajadreamer

You guys are my heroes ! Got huge Huevos!
What a great adventure.. you inspire I think a lot of people that don't have the balls to do it themselves (me) I think maybe a different car kinda car maybe next time..or you might be Subaru enthusiast... this is the same as how the pioneers in the sport started it all!
I commend you for your efforts, good luck on the next adventure!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

pontoontodd

You guys are my heroes ! Got huge Huevos!
What a great adventure.. you inspire I think a lot of people that don't have the balls to do it themselves (me) I think maybe a different car kinda car maybe next time..or you might be Subaru enthusiast... this is the same as how the pioneers in the sport started it all!
I commend you for your efforts, good luck on the next adventure!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app
Thanks. As our friend in Vegas said, we're doing what we can with what we have.

harleys dad

I know many people who have driven their cars to the 500 1000 or Mint 400 raced them and driven them home. Many class 11 racers did that when the class was huge. II know a few class 6 cars did it mini trucks. I am sure all their stories would be cool like this one was

Tundranation

Video from our race:

If anyone has footage or pictures of the rock garden near the end, I'd like to see what that was like.
That was a blast to watch !!!!! I flashed back to when I was a kid riding with my uncle while he bombed it down desert roads out in the Anza Borrego desert in a Wagoneer hahahahaha

redrdr67

Can't believe I missed this! You guys are Awesome!!! And Crazy!!! My new underdog heroes!

pontoontodd

Can't believe I missed this! You guys are Awesome!!! And Crazy!!! My new underdog heroes!
Thanks. We're thinking about trying it again. Just shows most human decisions aren't rational I guess.
We're also thinking about driving to Reno early this summer, doing some trail riding on the way out and back (CO/WY/UT), and check out the end of the V2R course and possibly the Rubicon. If anyone's interested pm me or post.

43mod

great adventure guys. Kinda makes me feel like a weak sissy for having it so damn easy .